ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 143 of 383
« First < 4393133139140141142143 144145146147153193243 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
phisherman 05:52 PM 01-12-2014
Just Rodenbach Grand Cru? I think their stuff is flash pasteurized and doesn't really improve with age; no live yeast cultures or bacteria. But that doesn't really matter because their beers are delicious regardless.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 05:55 PM 01-12-2014
Originally Posted by phisherman:
Just Rodenbach Grand Cru? I think their stuff is flash pasteurized and doesn't really improve with age; no live yeast cultures or bacteria. But that doesn't really matter because their beers are delicious regardless.
No, the limited edition Barrel No. 95.
[Reply]
phisherman 06:06 PM 01-12-2014
Ahhh, fantastic beer. The vintage versions are delicious, as well as Rodenbach Alexander. I'm pretty sure the vintages are still pasteurized, but they're still freaking delicious.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 06:08 PM 01-12-2014
Ahhh, fantastic beer. The vintage versions are delicious, as well as Rodenbach Alexander. I'm pretty sure the vintages are still pasteurized, but they're still freaking delicious.
May be pasteurized, not sure. I don't see anything on the bottle saying either way. In any case, it's oak aged for a couple years before it's released.

Had a bottle with a buddy at the World of Beers in Columbia, SC, last week, bought one to take with me on the spot and bought a second bottle before I left for the night.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 06:09 PM 01-12-2014
Are you the person that put me in the sours rabbit hole? 'cause if so, fuck you, buddy. :-)
[Reply]
Rudy tossed tigger's salad 06:16 PM 01-12-2014
D-line should do some lateral motion and see if the o-line jumps. They are trying to bait them every down
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 06:16 PM 01-12-2014
Originally Posted by Rudy lost the toss:
D-line should do some lateral motion and see if the o-line jumps. They are trying to bait them every down
I'll have to try a bottle.
[Reply]
phisherman 06:33 PM 01-12-2014
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Are you the person that put me in the sours rabbit hole? 'cause if so, fuck you, buddy. :-)
Yep, probably me. I've been on them for years, hard to get out!

Nah, being pasteurized doesn't really matter, it just means it won't develop any more in the bottle. Rodenbach does the Flanders Red like no one else. I've never been disappointed in any of their beers.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 06:35 PM 01-12-2014
Yep, probably me. I've been on them for years, hard to get out!

Nah, being pasteurized doesn't really matter, it just means it won't develop any more in the bottle. Rodenbach does the Flanders Red like no one else. I've never been disappointed in any of their beers.
I've been pretty limited in what's available down here, there just isn't a lot. I don't know if I posted about it here or not, but there's a taphouse in Wilmington, NC, that makes a sour and keeps it on tap. I spent a week in that town last year and hit that place I think four of the five nights I was there.
[Reply]
phisherman 06:48 PM 01-12-2014
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
I've been pretty limited in what's available down here, there just isn't a lot. I don't know if I posted about it here or not, but there's a taphouse in Wilmington, NC, that makes a sour and keeps it on tap. I spent a week in that town last year and hit that place I think four of the five nights I was there.
Let me know when you're in town for a game next season or something; I'll dig into the cellar and we can have something super sour.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 06:49 PM 01-12-2014
Let me know when you're in town for a game next season or something; I'll dig into the cellar and we can have something super sour.
You got it! :-)

The only thing I can find consistently here is the Duchesse De Bourgogne, which I do enjoy. Other than that, it's a hit and miss mix of gueuzes and lambics.
[Reply]
phisherman 08:04 PM 01-12-2014
Duchesse is good, but it's pretty sweet. I really enjoy Lindeman's Cuvee Rene Geueze, cheap and ages well. Tilquin Geueze is also very good. I can't leave out the obligatory mention of both Cantillon and Drie Fonteinen when mentioning lambics; anything these two breweries put out will be top notch.

You might try to find Cuvee Des Jacobins around, that stuff is on point. Super sour.
[Reply]
TimBone 10:25 PM 01-20-2014
Got some new stuff at Whole Foods in Houston this afternoon. I kept seeing you guys mention Lagunitas in this thread, and while I don't think it's the exact one you guys were talking about, I couldn't pass up on grabbing the only one I've ever seen in a store around here.

Don't know much about the Smoke on The Bayou" either. It's from Buffalo Brewing Company in Houston. Figured I'd give it a try.

The Boulevard I bought simply because I like their beer and this one has a couple of beers that it says were only samplers at the brewery. Those two are in the second picture. Can any of you KC guys tell me anything about them?

[Reply]
Phobia 12:51 AM 01-21-2014
Originally Posted by Flybone McTimmerson:
Got some new stuff at Whole Foods in Houston this afternoon. I kept seeing you guys mention Lagunitas in this thread, and while I don't think it's the exact one you guys were talking about, I couldn't pass up on grabbing the only one I've ever seen in a store around here.

Don't know much about the Smoke on The Bayou" either. It's from Buffalo Brewing Company in Houston. Figured I'd give it a try.

The Boulevard I bought simply because I like their beer and this one has a couple of beers that it says were only samplers at the brewery. Those two are in the second picture. Can any of you KC guys tell me anything about them?

Both the Mid-Coast and the Rye are excellent, drinkable beers. I got lucky they were both there this summer when I went and I had several of each. the Mid-Coast was my favorite at that time.
[Reply]
TimBone 12:57 AM 01-21-2014
Originally Posted by Phobia:
Both the Mid-Coast and the Rye are excellent, drinkable beers. I got lucky they were both there this summer when I went and I had several of each. the Mid-Coast was my favorite at that time.
Thanks. I'm not usually a big fan of IPA's, but they've been growing on my lately. I've got a friend that's big into them, there's three in the box, so one will go to him. Hopefully this Boulevard matches up well to his California standards.
[Reply]
Page 143 of 383
« First < 4393133139140141142143 144145146147153193243 > Last »
Up