ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 143 of 297
« First < 4393133139140141142143 144145146147153193243 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***The Official EMAW Repository thread***
Saulbadguy 11:54 AM 11-15-2009
I know there are enough of us to participate in this thread, even when our seasons inevitably go to shit.

KSU vs Western Illinois today, tip-off at 3:00 pm.

One thing I noticed near the end of the game on Friday night - we had 5 true freshman on the court, and still played sound basketball. None of them were scrub walk-ons either. While I don't think we will make a serious run at anything this year, the foundation is being laid for a solid program in the future.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 11:15 AM 03-01-2010
CBS Top 25 + 1

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...5?tag=untagged

RkSchoolPvsW-LW-LLast WeekThis Week
1Kansas127-213-1W 81-68, Oklahoma
L 85-77, at Oklahoma State
Mar. 03, Kansas State
Mar. 06, at Missouri

Jayhawks have won 27 of their past 30 Big 12 games.
2Syracuse327-214-2W 99-85, at Providence
W 95-77, Villanova
Mar. 02, St. John's
Mar. 06, at Louisville

Syracuse's win over Villanova gave the Orange a two-game lead in the Big East standings.
3Kentucky227-212-2W 82-61, South Carolina
L 74-65, at Tennessee
Mar. 03, at Georgia
Mar. 07, Florida

The Wildcats missed 20 of 22 3-point attempts in the loss at Tennessee.
4Kansas State524-411-3W 83-64, at Texas Tech
W 63-53, Missouri
Mar. 03, at Kansas
Mar. 06, Iowa State

KSU beat Missouri despite shooting 33.9 percent from the field and 23.5 percent from 3-point range.
5Duke625-412-2W 70-52, Tulsa
W 67-49, at Virginia
Mar. 03, at Maryland
Mar. 06, North Carolina

The Blue Devils can clinch the ACC title with a win at Maryland.

[Reply]
Saulbadguy 11:18 AM 03-01-2010
I figure Duke and K-State will be awfully close.

I'd put Syracuse at #1, Kansas #2, Kentucky #3. I figure the #1 votes will be spread amongst those 3.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 11:19 AM 03-01-2010
Syracuse is No. 1 in The Associated Press' Top 25, taking advantage of a weekend when the poll's top three teams lost.

The Orange were the runaway top pick Monday, receiving 59 first-place votes from the national media panel to make the jump from fourth. This is their first time on top since a six-week run during the 1989-90 season.

Kansas, which had the other six first-place votes, dropped to second following its loss at Oklahoma State. Kentucky, which has the same 27-2 record as the two teams above it, dropped one place after losing at Tennessee.

Duke was fourth followed by Kansas State, Ohio State and Purdue, which fell from third to seventh after losing to Michigan State.

Texas, which was No. 1 for two weeks in January, fell out of the Top 25 after losing for the seventh time in 12 games.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz0gwk4OXyF
Get a free NFL Team Jacket and Tee with SI Subscription
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 11:26 AM 03-01-2010
Coaches poll is the same, K-State #5.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 10:35 AM 03-02-2010
Arthur Brown to K-State.
[Reply]
ChiTown 10:40 AM 03-02-2010
Originally Posted by Saulbadguy:
Arthur Brown to K-State.
Bryce may be next. Hold tight, it's still in the works.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 10:46 AM 03-02-2010
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
Bryce may be next. Hold tight, it's still in the works.
Hope you are right - I've got a good feeling about it too.
[Reply]
ChiTown 10:52 AM 03-02-2010
Originally Posted by Saulbadguy:
Hope you are right - I've got a good feeling about it too.
I'm pretty good friends with some of Bryce's former coaches. Things are certainly happening in this regard.

The Browns are REALLY tight with HCBS. It should be an interesting couple of months.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 11:01 AM 03-02-2010
I'm pretty good friends with some of Bryce's former coaches. Things are certainly happening in this regard.

The Browns are REALLY tight with HCBS. It should be an interesting couple of months.
Meh - lip service at this point. Bryce committed to Tennessee and Lane Kiffin regardless of how tight he was with Bill Snyder.
[Reply]
58kcfan89 05:07 PM 03-02-2010

Nice. Keep us updated. Can't wait to see Arthur and Chris on the field at the same time (and hopefully Bryce too, even though we probably don't need a lot of RB help).

I know our basketball team is kicking ass, but I can't friggin wait for football.

Speaking of which, would anyone else rather have a 2 seed than a 1?
[Reply]
Dante84 05:14 PM 03-02-2010
Originally Posted by 58kcfan89:
would anyone else rather have a 2 seed than a 1?
I've been debating this for two weeks now, but i can't find anyone to engage me in this convo.

I am torn.

For the 1: Historically, this would be awesome. To be a one seed is a very, very special thing, and is remembered after all is done, regardless of tourney outcome. A nice recruiting tool, and a fancy label to attach to the team. We don't get to play in OKC, though. That's KU - unless the tides turn in the most ridiculous way ever.

For the 2: We would most likely play in OKC for rounds one and two. Also, there is a possibility that there will be a soft 1 seed (Duke) and we may end up in the same bracket. I think we can roll Duke.

I just can't decide.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 07:28 PM 03-02-2010
Originally Posted by Dante84:
I've been debating this for two weeks now, but i can't find anyone to engage me in this convo.

I am torn.

For the 1: Historically, this would be awesome. To be a one seed is a very, very special thing, and is remembered after all is done, regardless of tourney outcome. A nice recruiting tool, and a fancy label to attach to the team. We don't get to play in OKC, though. That's KU - unless the tides turn in the most ridiculous way ever.

For the 2: We would most likely play in OKC for rounds one and two. Also, there is a possibility that there will be a soft 1 seed (Duke) and we may end up in the same bracket. I think we can roll Duke.

I just can't decide.

While I understand what you are saying, you should take a few minutes to look at this:

http://rotoguru2.com/hoop/mad/seedwl.html

It shows the history of all matchups in the tourney based on seed and round up through last years tourney. A good example of wanting that better seed is the Sweet 16 matchups...assuming all teams play to seed....1 vs. 4 & 2 vs. 3.

1 vs 4: There have been a total of 36 games. #1 seed is 27-9 with a 75% winning percentage.

2 vs 3: There have been a total of 33 games. #2 seed is 21-12 with a 64% winning percentage.

Always want the higher seed. It increases the chances of moving on and in the tournament teams need all the help they can get.
[Reply]
ChiTown 03:47 PM 03-03-2010
Nice. Keep us updated. Can't wait to see Arthur and Chris on the field at the same time (and hopefully Bryce too, even though we probably don't need a lot of RB help).

I know our basketball team is kicking ass, but I can't friggin wait for football.

Speaking of which, would anyone else rather have a 2 seed than a 1?
I can tell you this. Bryce isn't going anywhere until the end of this semester. Unless Dooley knocks his socks off, I'd say it's 60-40 that Bryce ends up in Manhattan. Why?

1. Arthur and family are pushing him....hard. They are a tight family. I think the experience of having to miss a lot of their kids college experience has been tough on the parents.

2. Daniel Thomas graduates after this season. Bryce could sit out this year and be The Man in the 2011 season. That certainly appeals to him and his family.

3. I know that Saul discounts this, but Bryce was tight with the KSU staff. If HCBS had never left, we probably would have had both of the Brown kids from the get go.
[Reply]
58kcfan89 03:58 PM 03-03-2010
I can tell you this. Bryce isn't going anywhere until the end of this semester. Unless Dooley knocks his socks off, I'd say it's 60-40 that Bryce ends up in Manhattan. Why?

1. Arthur and family are pushing him....hard. They are a tight family. I think the experience of having to miss a lot of their kids college experience has been tough on the parents.

2. Daniel Thomas graduates after this season. Bryce could sit out this year and be The Man in the 2011 season. That certainly appeals to him and his family.

3. I know that Saul discounts this, but Bryce was tight with the KSU staff. If HCBS had never left, we probably would have had both of the Brown kids from the get go.
You don't think D-Rob is going to get carries as well?
[Reply]
ChiTown 04:06 PM 03-03-2010
You don't think D-Rob is going to get carries as well?
I think D Rob will RS this year and take his totes in 2011 as well. Should be a great competitive atmosphere in the backfield if Bryce ends up in Purple.
[Reply]
Page 143 of 297
« First < 4393133139140141142143 144145146147153193243 > Last »
Up