ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 142 of 185
« First < 4292132138139140141142 143144145146152 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The George Karlaftis Thread*****
Dante84 09:16 PM 04-28-2022
More to come!

What are the #Chiefs getting in George Karlaftis?

Had an NFC Personnel executive tell me “He reminds me of J.J. Watt, when Watt was coming out. An explosive and versatile playmaker who has a high motor and can line up at 3,5, or 7. Very strong kid” #NFL #NFLDraft pic.twitter.com/5qM3g6OrMr

— Matt Lombardo (@MattLombardoNFL) April 29, 2022

George Karlaftis was drafted with pick 30 of round 1 in the 2022 draft class. He scored a 9.23 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 116 out of 1503 DE from 1987 to 2022. https://t.co/iXXBvnoFJc #RAS #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/eZ9XjNRDUB

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2022

“I was sitting there the whole night hoping we’d be able to get you.”

Karlaftis gets the call �� pic.twitter.com/DRGBDekvnl

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2022

[Reply]
Bump 09:48 PM 12-24-2022
we've seen enough good things from him during his rookie season to expect him to only get better. Next year and especially the year after, our defense should be seasoned and I'm kinda thinking it could be dominant. You gotta give them a year or two at least jeez
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:51 PM 12-24-2022
Originally Posted by Bump:
we've seen enough good things from him during his rookie season to expect him to only get better. Next year and especially the year after, our defense should be seasoned and I'm kinda thinking it could be dominant. You gotta give them a year or two at least jeez

Alot here can't take compliments, and go overboard like he's a future HOFer.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:03 PM 12-24-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Alot here can't take compliments, and go overboard like he's a future HOFer.
We're saying you were being a giant butthead for essentially bitching about the lack of sacks from a 21-year old rookie DE.

Which you were.

He's fucking 21, man.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 10:23 PM 12-24-2022
George has had a way better rookie year than 22 year old Chris Jones did in his.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:23 PM 12-24-2022
he's a future HOFer.
I agree!
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:25 PM 12-24-2022
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
George has had a way better rookie year than 22 year old Chris Jones did in his.
He was also playing as a 3-4 DE, and not a 3 tech as he is now
[Reply]
kccrow 10:49 PM 12-24-2022
He was also playing as a 3-4 DE, and not a 3 tech as he is now
Which gives the opportunity for more production, not less.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:54 PM 12-24-2022
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Which gives the opportunity for more production, not less.
Not the way he was suppose to be play. As a 5 tech Chris Jones was getting heat from the coaching staff for ripping and releasing OG/ OTs into the second level for the LBs to deal with. KC hired Spags implementeing the 4-3, then CJ flourished being one of the best DTs in the league
[Reply]
JPH83 02:20 AM 12-25-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Because you said there's been no "huge or obvious growth" throughout the season and he has 4 sacks in his last 5 games.

How do you square that statement with this sudden uptick in production during his rookie campaign?
Because he wasn't playing hugely different. Do you think he was a bad player before those sacks came? Presumably not. I said after the Broncos game he'd had a couple of promising games that hinted at development. After this game I'd say there's a little more again to make that argument. But I'm not one of the guys whose obsessed by his lack of sacks. I kinda want to see how much he's winning as well.

Also, I'm happy to be wrong and for him to go on an absolute tear now. Merry Christmas.
[Reply]
JPH83 02:22 AM 12-25-2022
Because you said there's been no "huge or obvious growth" throughout the season and he has 4 sacks in his last 5 games.

How do you square that statement with this sudden uptick in production during his rookie campaign?
Because he wasn't playing hugely different. Do you think he was a bad player before those sacks came? Presumably not. I said after the Broncos game he'd had a couple of promising games that hinted at development. After this game I'd say there's a little more again to make that argument. But I'm not one of the guys whose obsessed by his lack of sacks and thinks it the be all and end all.

Also, I'm happy to be wrong and for him to go on an absolute tear now. And Merry Christmas TwistedChief hope you have a good one.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 03:38 AM 12-25-2022
Trey Hendrickson got two and a half sacks in his first two years in the league. I think GK is gonna be dominant in the years ahead tbh.
[Reply]
Bump 04:08 AM 12-25-2022
Not the way he was suppose to be play. As a 5 tech Chris Jones was getting heat from the coaching staff for ripping and releasing OG/ OTs into the second level for the LBs to deal with. KC hired Spags implementeing the 4-3, then CJ flourished being one of the best DTs in the league
Jones seemed great at 3-4 right end, maybe not his rookie year but after that
[Reply]
JPH83 04:54 AM 12-25-2022
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Trey Hendrickson got two and a half sacks in his first two years in the league. I think GK is gonna be dominant in the years ahead tbh.
Yeah I'm pretty optimistic he's going to be very good in the long run. Maybe not dominant but something closer to DJ's prediction. Think he'll need a big step forward next year and I think that's entirely possible.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 04:55 AM 12-25-2022
So CJ wasn’t one of the best DTs in the league in 2018 the year before Spags arrived when he had 15.5 sacks? And then didn’t break 9 in the 4-3 until this season?
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 07:42 AM 12-25-2022
So CJ wasn’t one of the best DTs in the league in 2018 the year before Spags arrived when he had 15.5 sacks? And then didn’t break 9 in the 4-3 until this season?
Before that 2 then 6 sacks, so yeah collectively he's had better run with the 4-3 if you want to split hairs

So Karlaftis is going to possibly be a future HOFer? He's had one legit good game, that wasn't absolutely influenced by the return of Mcduffie.
[Reply]
Page 142 of 185
« First < 4292132138139140141142 143144145146152 > Last »
Up