ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 142 of 335
« First < 4292132138139140141142 143144145146152192242 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Thread
BigRedChief 08:29 PM 01-08-2015
Feel free to discuss any future speculation, theories. Anything from the books is fair game to post. Everything that has been broadcast on TV or from HBO. No spoilers needed.

1. If you watched or know the events that will take place in a unaired episode that has not been broadcast on HBO, you must put all the information and comments in a spoiler tag.
  2. Do not post any media of any kind involving actual content from unaired episodes without being in a spoiler. The only exception to the spoiler rule is content publicly posted from HBO and or the GOT actor themselves. Teasers, promos, trailers etc.

Any person unable to follow the spoiler rules will be banned from this thread. 14 days for first offense. Perm banned from the thread for a 2nd offense.

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:35 PM 05-12-2016
Originally Posted by wazu:
This right here. Just make the baby a toddler and everyone will :-). It's that they made it so impossible to reconcile that is the problem.
I guess they just wanted to at least keep that on a similar track as the book.

Age up a baby into a toddler and suddenly you have an actual different character. Age up a 12 yr old into a 15 yr old and you can write it as a pretty similar part.

Honestly, the easiest thing to do is probably what they did....and write off the pissed off Reddit loons because pissed off Reddit loons will always find reasons to be pissed off.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:40 PM 05-12-2016
Or they could have skipped the whole fucking Sam story. It was boring in the books. It's boring in the show.
[Reply]
Hawk 02:45 PM 05-12-2016
I disagree. I like Sam, and I am interested in the Citadel story. I also am interested in seeing what happens with Sam's prick of a father when Sam shows up with Gilly and a bastard, and enrolling at the Citadel which his dad forbade him from doing.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:46 PM 05-12-2016
Originally Posted by Hawk:
I disagree. I like Sam, and I am interested in the Citadel story. I also am interested in seeing what happens with Sam'e prick of a father when Sam shows up with Gilly and a bastard, and enrolling at the Citadel which his dad forbade him from doing.
Well to be honest......the boat part can at least be skipped.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:50 PM 05-12-2016
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Or they could have skipped the whole ****ing Sam story. It was boring in the books. It's boring in the show.
I feel like Sam will find some very important information at the Citadel. He also may be carrying the Horn of Winter.

If nothing else, his arc should be good for lore while studying.
[Reply]
Hawk 02:52 PM 05-12-2016
Well to be honest......the boat part can at least be skipped.
Haha, yeah, and PLEASE no more puking!
[Reply]
ToxSocks 03:13 PM 05-12-2016
Or they could have skipped the whole ****ing Sam story. It was boring in the books. It's boring in the show.
I agree.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:14 PM 05-12-2016
Originally Posted by Hawk:
I disagree. I like Sam, and I am interested in the Citadel story. I also am interested in seeing what happens with Sam's prick of a father when Sam shows up with Gilly and a bastard, and enrolling at the Citadel which his dad forbade him from doing.
Something important is going to happen at the Citadel. A key piece of information will be found that crowns the GOT winner.

that said the damn boat scenes offered nothing and we could have expanded the pivotal TOJ scene to give us more than the few minutes that we got.

We have 21 eposides left, correct. We have the whitewalkers, unification of sides and the final battle for the throne. The north and Erie to settle. How much time will they take up with crowing the new Ironborn leader. The book took 500+ pages. Hope they skip that amount of detail in the TV series. Anyway, a lot to cover.
[Reply]
RustShack 04:50 PM 05-12-2016
What if Arya ends up with the egg, gets it to John, and Sam helps him hatch it.
[Reply]
Sorter 06:46 PM 05-12-2016

Good lawd, I wonder where we've seen that outfit next to Edd before...

Hide yo kids, hide yo wife cuz Melly resurrecting errbody up in here.
[Reply]
MagicHef 10:32 PM 05-12-2016
Originally Posted by Sorter:

He'd just be bones at this point.
[Reply]
MagicHef 10:41 PM 05-12-2016
I did read a good theory on Ned, though. Pretty well supported by the books, too.

-He and Ashara Dayne fell in love, and slept together at the Harrenhal Tourney.
-She got pregnant and either gave birth or had a stillborn baby during the rebellion.
-She committed suicide due to Ned marrying Cat, killing her brother, and showing up with what he said was his son.
-Therefore, a major part of "the price" Ned paid to keep his promise to Lyanna was the death of the woman he loved.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 11:56 PM 05-12-2016
that was a sad part when king robert brought up that memory for ned out there in that field
[Reply]
crazycoffey 12:56 AM 05-13-2016
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Something important is going to happen at the Citadel. A key piece of information will be found that crowns the GOT winner.

that said the damn boat scenes offered nothing and we could have expanded the pivotal TOJ scene to give us more than the few minutes that we got.

We have 21 eposides left, correct. We have the whitewalkers, unification of sides and the final battle for the throne. The north and Erie to settle. How much time will they take up with crowing the new Ironborn leader. The book took 500+ pages. Hope they skip that amount of detail in the TV series. Anyway, a lot to cover.
Disagree; the boat scene wasn't pivotal, true enough. But there was a moment between Sam and Gilly, "your little sam's father". Or maybe she's pregnant and father of the new child, either way: Gilly and little Sam are more of a family than Sam's actual family. They are trying to build that with 5 minutes of air time in the first 3 episodes. Not so horrible.

I agree; less interesting, but still part of the story. Plus a few people I know like the Sam story. So...... No biggie.

And to the little Sam being young so long. Who really cares? Good for you, you noticed a slight plot inconsistency, yea you. Just like the melissandra necklace thing, so what? I noticed it right away, but chalked it up to her magic and nothing else, then went on to enjoy the show.

Just enjoy the show. Has anyone else not noticed Johra's gray scale isn't consistent? No? Why not? Because it wasn't relevant (or isn't relevant) to the story (at least not yet) and neither is the age differences between little Sam and and the little Starks....
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 03:41 AM 05-13-2016
Originally Posted by Sorter:

It's Jon:

[Reply]
Page 142 of 335
« First < 4292132138139140141142 143144145146152192242 > Last »
Up