View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 141 of 343
« First < 4191131137138139140141 142143144145151191241 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
Halfcan 08:23 PM 07-25-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
You think poor tackling was a bigger issue than the pass rush?

We still have no real pass rush unless Karlaftis just comes out dominating. That's going to affect the young secondary. No matter how good they play, if the pass rush can't get home, someone will get open.

We have to pray for a late TC trade for Quinn or someone like that if we want to be even average on defense.
Gosh, I wish you would email the Chiefs and let them know this nugget of wisdom because they seem okay with where the team is at.
[Reply]
raybec 4 08:25 PM 07-25-2022
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Gosh, I wish you would email the Chiefs and let them know this nugget of wisdom because they seem okay with where the team is at.
You really think so? I'm sure that they would really love to upgrade the pass rush.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:27 PM 07-25-2022
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
You really think so? I'm sure that they would really love to upgrade the pass rush.
No. No one thinks so (excluding Halfcan). The Chiefs are absolutely not okay with where the pass rush is at but they may settle for it given the circumstances and then make a move for a Quinn before the trade deadline if the Clarks and then Kaindohs and Herrings of the world don't pan out (which they probably will not).
[Reply]
Halfcan 08:34 PM 07-25-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Let's just dissect one bit of the above nonsense:
Top 5 special teams unit? Who is returning kick-offs? Punts? Who is the gunner? Who is making up for the losses of Kemp, Sorenson, DOD, and Watt? What are you talking about?

You can't say the Chiefs have addressed any of the issues from last year until the results come in. At this point the best you can say is the Chiefs have attempted to address the issues. And if anything, the single most glaring issue - according to Veach - was the lack of a pass rush and there is nothing the Chiefs have done this offseason that should make you feel materially more comfortable with that. I *think* Karlaftis will be some upgrade over Ingram but that's hardly a guarantee for a rookie. And even if he is better, we still have easily the worst pass rush in the division.

I think the Chiefs will make the playoffs but I don't think they'll win the AFC West. There's no part of me that would be disappointed to be wrong.
Not with 10 wins- you are talking out of your ass.

How many sacks did Ingram have for the Chiefs?? 1 sack-wow!! Karlaftis is an upgrade.

You just keep parroting ESPN talking points and then using scrubs like Sorenson and Neiman to try and pad your argument. Keep being a pessimist and write the season off- I don't really care. :-)

Training camp has not even begun-LOL! This is the time for hope and looking on the bright side.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:40 PM 07-25-2022
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Not with 10 wins- you are talking out of your ass.

How many sacks did Ingram have for the Chiefs?? 1 sack-wow!! Karlaftis is an upgrade.

You just keep parroting ESPN talking points and then using scrubs like Sorenson and Neiman to try and pad your argument. Keep being a pessimist and write the season off- I don't really care. :-)

Training camp has not even begun-LOL! This is the time for hope and looking on the bright side.
Sorry, I'm using realistic talking points. You're basing an analysis of off IG hype reels and assuming everyone maxes out their potential. We'll see how well that works out for you!
[Reply]
Halfcan 08:41 PM 07-25-2022
People keep saying this- but how?

We are stuck with Frank- they decided to keep him. And they drafted Karlaftas.

Maybe upgrade Dana, Nadi or Wharton? Probably have to wait until next draft.
[Reply]
Halfcan 08:45 PM 07-25-2022
Sorry, I'm using realistic talking points. You're basing an analysis of off IG hype reels and assuming everyone maxes out their potential. We'll see how well that works out for you!
So, are the Chiefs not assuming the players they have signed will play their best?

I guess it is just me then. :-)

Get back to me after we win the SB this year. That is Mahomes expectation, but he is such a homer!!
[Reply]
tredadda 08:50 PM 07-25-2022
I do think we will feel the effects of a weak pass rush, but think the offense will be better than people think. Plus I think our LB corps will dominate if they stay healthy.
[Reply]
Halfcan 08:56 PM 07-25-2022
No. No one thinks so (excluding Halfcan). The Chiefs are absolutely not okay with where the pass rush is at but they may settle for it given the circumstances and then make a move for a Quinn before the trade deadline if the Clarks and then Kaindohs and Herrings of the world don't pan out (which they probably will not).
I totally get what you are saying- but it seems to me they are playing the long game. They don't want another Frank Clark bloated contract on the books.

The Chiefs could have moved some of Mahomes money and made a free agent splash on the defense, but they chose not to.

Why?? :-)

Either they think they can scheme more pressure or they are just accepting a "step back" type of season.

Quinn was a beast last year- I would love this move.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:59 PM 07-25-2022
Any season would be 6 wins if Mahomes was hurt.
[Reply]
TEX 09:10 PM 07-25-2022
I thought it would be the offseason plan, since Veach identified as such a weakness. But they fell short.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:18 PM 07-25-2022
Originally Posted by poolboy:
Maybe he can get in football shape playing exhibition games

He “might” play in one exhibition game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:00 PM 07-25-2022
Just watched some highlights from the Cowboys game. Yuck.

[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:07 PM 07-25-2022
Just watched some highlights from the Browns game. Double yuck.

[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:10 PM 07-25-2022
No reason for him to be at camp right now anyway could care less
[Reply]
Page 141 of 343
« First < 4191131137138139140141 142143144145151191241 > Last »
Up