View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 140 of 343
« First < 4090130136137138139140 141142143144150190240 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
srvy 07:31 PM 07-25-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
It's been widely reported that the guaranteed money was in line with what he'd make being franchised twice. Idk why anyone would expect him to sign that deal. It doesn't make any sense for him to sign it.
Widely reported by people that know absolutely nothing more than anyone else.
[Reply]
Halfcan 07:33 PM 07-25-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I think we're a 10-win team too, but I don't see that as any big failure. We have an insanely difficult schedule and there are bound to be growing pains on both sides of the ball. Nothing wrong with that.

Fwiw - I think you're selling way too low on Karlaftis.
That would be a massive failure. :-)

We got rid of the dead weight and poor tacklers on defense, then replaced them with stone-cold killers.

On offense- Mahomes is looking like a beast and does not have to start the season after spending the summer rehabbing. Kelce is laser-focused and rededicated to football. Reek- who single handily caused Mahomes interception total to skyrocket- is now gone.

Sky looks like he will be a stud. Fortson is back. Juju and MVS looking great.

This is going to be the best all-around team of the Mahomes era.
[Reply]
Halfcan 07:37 PM 07-25-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Who said they were?

But a WC seems likely.

This is the most challenging year of the Mahomes era by far.

Uphill climb.
Too many good teams- 10 wins won't get us in.

Mahomes is not a 7 loss QB. This might end up being his best all-around season. 3 losses tops.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:43 PM 07-25-2022
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
3 losses tops.
no fucking way this team goes 14-3 :-)
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:46 PM 07-25-2022
That would be a massive failure. :-)

We got rid of the dead weight and poor tacklers on defense, then replaced them with stone-cold killers.

On offense- Mahomes is looking like a beast and does not have to start the season after spending the summer rehabbing. Kelce is laser-focused and rededicated to football. Reek- who single handily caused Mahomes interception total to skyrocket- is now gone.

Sky looks like he will be a stud. Fortson is back. Juju and MVS looking great.

This is going to be the best all-around team of the Mahomes era.
Wow - this is some homer nonsense.

We replaced deadweight and poor tacklers with unproven rookies. Are we sure they're that much more assignment sound than Sorenson? And will they know their roles better than Neimann?

On offense, Mahomes is looking like the exact same superstar he does to us during every offseason. I'll call that a push.

Kelce is re-dedicated to football? Are you watching too much Mitch Holthus?

Reek caused 3 INTs - that wasn't the main cause of the team's problems. Did you remember how he single-handedly changed the course of the game against the Browns? How we don't beat the Bills without him?

Sky looks like he will be a stud? He had hamstring issues through a portion of OTAs and Mahomes posted something on his IG. Jump for joy!

Jody Fortson who was a feel-good story when he made the team last year and performed admirably in a minor role makes his comeback off an injury.

MVS looking great in non-padded preseason OTAs and minicamp! Wow.

Juju looking great? Sources? There has literally been zero hype about his performance thus far.

I'm excited about the team and every player listed above, but please stop with this ridiculous homer hype. It's so blinded by the light I'm pained just typing this.
[Reply]
Halfcan 08:10 PM 07-25-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Wow - this is some homer nonsense.

We replaced deadweight and poor tacklers with unproven rookies. Are we sure they're that much more assignment sound than Sorenson? And will they know their roles better than Neimann?

On offense, Mahomes is looking like the exact same superstar he does to us during every offseason. I'll call that a push.

Kelce is re-dedicated to football? Are you watching too much Mitch Holthus?

Reek caused 3 INTs - that wasn't the main cause of the team's problems. Did you remember how he single-handedly changed the course of the game against the Browns? How we don't beat the Bills without him?

Sky looks like he will be a stud? He had hamstring issues through a portion of OTAs and Mahomes posted something on his IG. Jump for joy!

Jody Fortson who was a feel-good story when he made the team last year and performed admirably in a minor role makes his comeback off an injury.

MVS looking great in non-padded preseason OTAs and minicamp! Wow.

Juju looking great? Sources? There has literally been zero hype about his performance thus far.

I'm excited about the team and every player listed above, but please stop with this ridiculous homer hype. It's so blinded by the light I'm pained just typing this.

Okay then- 10 wins- no playoffs- boo hoo!! But you are "excited" about the year and anyone else is a homer. :-)

Using Neiman to solidify your sad sack argument is laughable. I will take an unproven guy like Leo all day.

Chris Jones- is basically in a contract year.

Bolton and Gay are ready to dominate and understand the defense now.

Honey Badger and Sorenson- both caused us losses- Gone!

Chiefs still have a top 5 special teams unit.

The Chiefs addressed the Major issues from last year. Poor tackling and dropped passes.

Andy is not losing 7 games and letting the Chiefs miss the playoffs.
[Reply]
BlackOp 08:12 PM 07-25-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Y'all all worried about Orlando Brown while completely sleeping on Evan Ksierz....Kseirs......well, this guy

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2022/07/...n-ksiezarczyk/
They did sign Geron Christian (Texans) a while ago...supposedly decent at pass protection but sucks with run blocking...

He is still with the team...correct?

"He’s a strong pass blocker with room to get even better, but his run blocking grade from Pro Football Focus was poor last year (39.6). However, he gives the Chiefs an experienced tackle on the roster at both bookend slots who might benefit from a team with such an accomplished coaching staff."

This might end up being shrewd pick up by Veach...
[Reply]
Halfcan 08:13 PM 07-25-2022
no ****ing way this team goes 14-3 :-)
3 losses early- then the defense clicks and starts dominating.

Have you heard of a Reidian run? Andy's teams are known to go on long winning streaks to finish seasons.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:16 PM 07-25-2022
3 losses early- then the defense clicks and starts dominating.

Have you heard of a Reidian run? Andy's teams are known to go on long winning streaks to finish seasons.
if mahomes or kelce get hurt...6 win season
[Reply]
-King- 08:19 PM 07-25-2022
Okay then- 10 wins- no playoffs- boo hoo!! But you are "excited" about the year and anyone else is a homer. :-)

Using Neiman to solidify your sad sack argument is laughable. I will take an unproven guy like Leo all day.

The Chiefs addressed the Major issues from last year. Poor tackling and dropped passes.

You think poor tackling was a bigger issue than the pass rush?

We still have no real pass rush unless Karlaftis just comes out dominating. That's going to affect the young secondary. No matter how good they play, if the pass rush can't get home, someone will get open.

We have to pray for a late TC trade for Quinn or someone like that if we want to be even average on defense.
[Reply]
raybec 4 08:19 PM 07-25-2022
Any season would be 6 wins if Mahomes was hurt.
[Reply]
Halfcan 08:20 PM 07-25-2022
If the entire team dies in a plane crash- 0 wins. :-)
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:21 PM 07-25-2022
The loss to the Bengals will be remembered as the last loss of Mahomes’s career
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:21 PM 07-25-2022
And Mahomes will play 22 more injury-free seasons
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:22 PM 07-25-2022

Let's just dissect one bit of the above nonsense:
Top 5 special teams unit? Who is returning kick-offs? Punts? Who is the gunner? Who is making up for the losses of Kemp, Sorenson, DOD, and Watt? What are you talking about?

You can't say the Chiefs have addressed any of the issues from last year until the results come in. At this point the best you can say is the Chiefs have attempted to address the issues. And if anything, the single most glaring issue - according to Veach - was the lack of a pass rush and there is nothing the Chiefs have done this offseason that should make you feel materially more comfortable with that. I *think* Karlaftis will be some upgrade over Ingram but that's hardly a guarantee for a rookie. And even if he is better, we still have easily the worst pass rush in the division.

I think the Chiefs will make the playoffs but I don't think they'll win the AFC West. There's no part of me that would be disappointed to be wrong.
[Reply]
Page 140 of 343
« First < 4090130136137138139140 141142143144150190240 > Last »
Up