ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 140 of 167
« First < 4090130136137138139140 141142143144150 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay on the Outs?
Dante84 01:21 PM 04-29-2021

Reigning MVP Aaron Rodgers is so disgruntled with the Green Bay Packers that he has told some within the organization that he does not want to return to the team, league and team sources told ESPN on Thursday.

More on NFL Live now....

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 29, 2021

#Packers GM Brian Gutekunst to ESPN: "As we've stated since the season ended, we are committed to Aaron in 2021 and beyond. Aaron has been a vital part of our success and we look forward to competing for another championship with him leading our team."

— NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) April 29, 2021

Originally Posted by :
Aaron Rodgers doesn't want to return to Green Bay Packers, sources say
Reigning MVP Aaron Rodgers is so disgruntled with the Green Bay Packers that he has told some within the organization that he does not want to return to the team, league and team sources told ESPN on Thursday.

The Packers are aware of his feelings, concerned about them and have had team president Mark Murphy, general manager Brian Gutekunst and head coach Matt LaFleur each fly out on separate trips to meet with Rodgers at various points this offseason, sources told ESPN.

"As we've stated since the season ended, we are committed to Aaron in 2021 and beyond," Gutekunst told ESPN. "Aaron has been a vital part of our success and we look forward to competing for another championship with him leading our team."

Rodgers has not budged this offseason, but neither have the Packers, who have made it known they are not interested in trading Rodgers anywhere.

The San Francisco 49ers called the Packers on Wednesday night, a source told ESPN, and the Los Angeles Rams inquired about Rodgers in January before they traded for Matthew Stafford.

The Packers quickly dismissed the Rams' overtures, the source said.

The Packers have offered to extend Rodgers' contract, sources told ESPN.

Rodgers is unhappy for a variety of reasons, with some of it dating back to last year's draft when the Packers didn't inform him before trading up to draft a quarterback with their first-round pick. Some took this as a sign that his days in Green Bay could he numbered.

He also is at a different point in his personal life, having recently gotten engaged to actress Shailene Woodley. Rodgers also has hosted "Jeopardy!" and said it would be a dream to become the full-time host. He could play football and host Jeopardy! together.

Rodgers has made cryptic comments about his future in Green Bay, but he has told others that he does not want to return.

On draft night, the Packers' biggest issue isn't who they land, but whether they can keep the former NFL MVP.

Rodgers' contract contained a $6.8 million roster bonus due in March. It could have been converted into a signing bonus that would have freed up more than $4.5 million in salary-cap space for this season but instead it "vested as scheduled," a source told ESPN at the time. It's listed as an automatic conversion in Rodgers' contract but even that has to be signed off on by both parties. It's not known if the Packers tried to convert and Rodgers refused to sign off on it, or if they did not attempt a conversion.

[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 11:45 AM 02-07-2022
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
What if the broncos just trade for Jordan Love? They could argue he's better than Rodgers to make them feel good, because he was brought in to replace him.
The Broncos should do that. Same package that they would send for Rodgers, but get Love instead.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:49 AM 02-07-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Hopefully they get it done and he retires before the season. :-)
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 11:56 AM 02-07-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Knowshit doesn’t realize Rodgers is just using the Dungkeys interest to get a bigger contract in GB. He’s gonna be heartbroken.
[Reply]
arrwheader 12:33 PM 02-07-2022
1. How sad it must be for your franchise strategy to wait for years for the perfect cast off, compete for a few years then suck for decades until it happens again. :-).

2. Rogers going to AFCW would be pretty stupid, given the talent here but if he's all ego then that won't matter. If he's coming to win the SB then that makes no sense giving the NFC is far more open now that Brady is out. AFC is stacked with QBs and talent and is a much tougher playing field. Plus Denver has a new coach, nothing is sure there right now.

Sent from my SM-F711U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 12:40 PM 02-07-2022
Originally Posted by arrwheader:
1. How sad it must be for your franchise strategy to wait for years for the perfect cast off, compete for a few years then suck for decades until it happens again. :-).

2. Rogers going to AFCW would be pretty stupid, given the talent here but if he's all ego then that won't matter. If he's coming to win the SB then that makes no sense giving the NFC is far more open now that Brady is out. AFC is stacked with QBs and talent and is a much tougher playing field. Plus Denver has a new coach, nothing is sure there right now.

All this... again. Cannot wait for this madness to end. Rodgers is not going to suit up for the Broncos.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:40 PM 02-07-2022
GB just hired Bisaccia to be their ST coordinator.

I think it’s safe to say that they feel they were a good STs coach away from a SB this year.

They’re clearly going to attempt to keep the band together.
[Reply]
arrwheader 12:46 PM 02-07-2022
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
All this... again. Cannot wait for this madness to end. Rodgers is not going to suit up for the Broncos.
Yea I mean, I'm not saying he wouldn't. If he hates GB front office that much and Denver comes in offering their souls then yea good possibility. That would have to be about ego more than will to win.

I haven't followed it that closely just my thoughts initially.

I think Denver should keep drafting QBs till they find their guy that's the best thing. Although I'm not gonna complain if they go with the current strategy lol.

[Reply]
htismaqe 12:49 PM 02-07-2022
This whole discussion hinges on Rodgers being unhappy in GB. He's not. He hasn't been since last offseason. They're going to pay him a healthy sum and he'll be back in green and gold next year.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 12:50 PM 02-07-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Knowshit doesn’t realize Rodgers is just using the Dungkeys interest to get a bigger contract in GB. He’s gonna be heartbroken.
I don't even know if it's that... he is under contract through 2023 (UFA in 2024). The 'potential out' after the 2021 season with all the noise created last year is keeping this hope alive for some. It's just noise. His girlfriend is from CO... he comments about Hackett saying "I hope he doesn't go anywhere unless I do"... it's all noise.

Owners and GM's have done some crazy things, but I just do not believe that Paton and company would legitimately consider giving up 2 R1s, 2 R2s and whatever else it might take to get QB that is going to be 39 in 10 months.

Brady doing what he did is an anomaly. Brees played until he was 41... you have a lot of older generation QBs that played past 40, but nothing worth writing home about.

Can Rodgers play another 2... 3 years? Very likely, but for me, it's not worth the draft picks and/or players it would cost to chase that short window dream in this division.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:50 PM 02-07-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
This whole discussion hinges on Rodgers being unhappy in GB. He's not. He hasn't been since last offseason. They're going to pay him a healthy sum and he'll be back in green and gold next year.
Exactly. That’s why the narrative has changed to Green Bay’s cap situation.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 12:55 PM 02-07-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Exactly. That’s why the narrative has changed to Green Bay’s cap situation.
There's that and then there is Davante Adams - he is 30 and due for a mega contract this offseason. Can or will GB pay him what he wants? Will he resign in GB or move on? You KNOW he will get offers.

If Rodgers loses Adams... that's bad.

Packers haven't had to deal with a true question at QB in 30 years, now they have one and I'll bet many are wondering if Love is truly the next in line to carry on that tradition.

Man, imagine having 30 years of greatness like that at QB and only 2 rings - pretty wild.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:08 PM 02-07-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
GB just hired Bisaccia to be their ST coordinator.

I think it’s safe to say that they feel they were a good STs coach away from a SB this year.

They’re clearly going to attempt to keep the band together.
:-)

That was all Rodgers dude. He couldn’t throw one TD in a weather that he’s used to all the time. This wasn’t losing to a great QB or a great team.

He lost to a fucking retread game manager and team that barely made the playoffs.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:13 PM 02-07-2022
Yeah it was a power struggle and they finally complied. They gave him options for this year, they brought his buddy Cobb back. They started giving him what he wanted.

It feels like this “I have the option to be traded anywhere I want” deal is based on 2 things:

1. Money
2. Keeping his guys (Adams) so they don’t go into a rebuild

Pretty smart. If they do lose Adams then he has the option to demand a trade and leave. Either way he’s gonna get paid a lot more money
[Reply]
staylor26 01:25 PM 02-07-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
:-)

That was all Rodgers dude. He couldn’t throw one TD in a weather that he’s used to all the time. This wasn’t losing to a great QB or a great team.

He lost to a fucking retread game manager and team that barely made the playoffs.
Rodgers absolutely choked, but it was not “all” Rodgers.

Their ST’s gave up 7 (blocked punt for TD) on their own and allowed a block FG.

That’s 10 points their STs were directly responsible for in a low scoring game.

So, no, it was not all Rodgers. That’s hyperbole.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 01:26 PM 02-07-2022
I agree, no way GB let's Rodgers get away. Jordan Love ???? :-) GB knows this is a QB driven league and unless Rodgers is just absolutely DONE with GB which didn't seem like it at the end of the season during the playoffs based on his comments he will be in green and gold.
[Reply]
Page 140 of 167
« First < 4090130136137138139140 141142143144150 > Last »
Up