ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 140 of 313
« First < 4090130136137138139140 141142143144150190240 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** 2021 Chiefs Training Camp MEGATHREAD ***
wazu 11:33 AM 07-24-2021
Posting this as a repository for random training camp content. Glad to see Andy moving around today without the cane.

Andy Reid rocking the all white Air Force 1s with white tube socks.#Chiefs #ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/opdxFDbTsh

— Micaela Dea (@NPNowDea) July 24, 2021

[Reply]
Direckshun 07:29 AM 08-06-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
Love that we’ve gone from “Brown will be awesome” to “it’s okay we’ll just pass less” in first week of camp.
Everybody just has PTSD from the Super Bowl.

Eric Fisher was not a world beater, but he was pretty good and a perfect fit, so we almost never lost with him at LT.

Brown is very good and a decent fit, and that should be enough as well.

My biggest concern remains DE. OL is going to be fine so long as Long returns healthy to help solidify RT.
[Reply]
Direckshun 07:30 AM 08-06-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
An andy Reid led chiefs team, with a phenom Qb, is going to run the ball more?

Yeah color me skeptical
Mahomes will just check out of the runs. :-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:36 AM 08-06-2021
The Chiefs WILL run the ball more. They are going to be crushing fools in the 4th.

This is the juggernaut team we've waited our whole lives for.
[Reply]
O.city 07:45 AM 08-06-2021
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Everybody just has PTSD from the Super Bowl.

Eric Fisher was not a world beater, but he was pretty good and a perfect fit, so we almost never lost with him at LT.

Brown is very good and a decent fit, and that should be enough as well.

My biggest concern remains DE. OL is going to be fine so long as Long returns healthy to help solidify RT.
IIRC, Long was the RG when healthy? Why do you think he'll kick to RT?
[Reply]
wazu 07:47 AM 08-06-2021
IIRC, Long was the RG when healthy? Why do you think he'll kick to RT?
Also, Long will never be healthy.
[Reply]
kcclone 07:51 AM 08-06-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
The Chiefs WILL run the ball more. They are going to be crushing fools in the 4th.

This is the juggernaut team we've waited our whole lives for.

I agree they're going to run more. Hence the focus on a more physical OL. Hence trying to draft a TE2.

Running the ball in the regular season extends Mahomes longevity (smart).

It also opens up play action so we can use Hill and Hardman's speed more effectively. As we saw last year, if you give them zero running threat, teams can play so soft that it doesn't matter how fast you are.
[Reply]
R Clark 07:56 AM 08-06-2021

Yeah color me skeptical
Lol I agree but remember the Buffalo game last season? If I remember right we run the ball a lot more than the pass so it is possible.
[Reply]
R Clark 07:58 AM 08-06-2021
Originally Posted by kcclone:
I agree they're going to run more. Hence the focus on a more physical OL. Hence trying to draft a TE2.

Running the ball in the regular season extends Mahomes longevity (smart).

It also opens up play action so we can use Hill and Hardman's speed more effectively. As we saw last year, if you give them zero running threat, teams can play so soft that it doesn't matter how fast you are.
And shorten up the game
[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:00 AM 08-06-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
Nobody cares. I certainly don't anymore.
I certainly hope this is just sarcasm. But if its not my inbox is open Edave.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:02 AM 08-06-2021

Yeah color me skeptical
I don’t think we necessarily run the ball “more” this year, but we’ll be so much more effective at it that it will seem that way.

Last year, a run on first down would lead to 2nd and 8. Then 1 or 2 passing downs.

This year, that run on first might lead to 2nd and 3. Then we can still run to pick up the first.

Just being more effective running the ball will lead to more runs, even if we aren’t necessarily shifting the style of our offense. We’ll just have better success and better opportunities on the ground.
[Reply]
GT_34 08:02 AM 08-06-2021
So we'll go into the season with Brown, who hasn't looked good so far, Remmers, who is struggling with a back injury, Niang, who hasn't played a single down in the NFL, and the rotting corps of Kyle Long.

Yikes
[Reply]
stumppy 08:05 AM 08-06-2021
Originally Posted by GT_34:
So we'll go into the season with Brown, who hasn't looked good so far, Remmers, who is struggling with a back injury, Niang, who hasn't played a single down in the NFL, and the rotting corps of Kyle Long.

Yikes
:-)
[Reply]
eDave 08:05 AM 08-06-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
I certainly hope this is just sarcasm. But if its not my inbox is open Edave.
Who the fuck are you?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:06 AM 08-06-2021
Originally Posted by R Clark:
Lol I agree but remember the Buffalo game last season? If I remember right we run the ball a lot more than the pass so it is possible.
It was raining that game, though, and the run was so insanely effective that game. I feel like it was a pretty legit outlier.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:08 AM 08-06-2021
Y'all crack me up.
[Reply]
Page 140 of 313
« First < 4090130136137138139140 141142143144150190240 > Last »
Up