LA Rams-HC-Sean McVey
Dolphins-Hc-Mike McDaniel
Red cough Commanders-HC-Ron Rivera

Broncos-Inter HC-Jerry Rosburg
Colts-Inter HC-Jeff Saturday

Hired
Bears-President and CEO -Big Ten Commissioner Kevin Warren
Cardinals-Monti Ossenfort as new general manager
(from my wife's hometown who is also named Cardinals)
Browns-DC-Jim Schwartz
Titans -GM-Ran Carthon
Jets-OC-Nathanial Hackett
Panthers-HC-Frank Reich
Cowboys-OC-Brian Schottenheimer (sp)
Broncos-HC-Sean Peyton

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...irings-firings

Mods-feel free to edit as needed. I will be out of commission for a few days this week.

this is funny
https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/st...xans-cardinals
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 08:51 AM 01-20-2023
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Lamar trade in 3-2-1……
Another Denver could be waiting. Kinda scary thought
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:00 AM 01-20-2023
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
It's a trend... HC's firing the coordinator on the opposite side of the HC's area of expertise.

Miami: McDaniel (Offense) firing his DC
Chargers: Staley (Defense) firing his OC and QB Coach
Cleveland: Stefanski (Offense) firing his DC
Washington: Rivera (Defense) firing his OC
Minnesota: O'Connell (Offense) firing his DC
NY Jets: Saleh (Defense) firing his OC
Tampa: Bowles (Defense) firing his OC
Baltimore: Harbaugh (Defense/Special Teams) "mutually parting ways" with his OC
Tennessee: Vrabel (Defense) firing his OC
First year coach firing DC gives me Haley vibes. Oh look ans OConnell is a Patriot guy too
[Reply]
tredadda 09:22 AM 01-20-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Hmm. Obviously just guessing . . .

I think he'd probably win more games, because he's just "that dude" when it comes to running with the ball. I don't know if he'd be any more efficient than Tannehill. He'd just make a lot more out of busted plays more often.

Lamar needs a go-to TE though; he pretty much has to have Andrews or a reasonable version of him, because he's not a great passing QB. I can't spell the name of the TEN TE, but just glancing at the stats, he'd have to get double the targets, his avg yds/cth would probably fall some, but his TD receptions would have to go up some. He might be a decent clone. Again, my opinion, so take that with a grain of salt.

But Lamar has always been a "between the numbers, throw to the TE" kind of QB, so giving him great WRs that run down the sidelines doesn't move the needle as much as it would for another more traditional QB. Or, it hasn't seemed to have the effect most of my BAL fan friends wanted, anyway.

Anyway, Lamar probably wouldn't throw for a significant increase in yards or completions over Ryan, but his running ability would've probably gotten them at least a couple more Ws this season.

But as a passer, I don't think Lamar is necessarily a lot better than Tannehill. He doesn't seem to have better arm strength, maybe better arm talent (can throw from different arm angles/platforms), I doubt Lamar reads defenses much better, if at all, both struggle to find the outlet when pressured/blitzed, and going through their progressions.

So, to me anyway, given a choice I'd take the better athlete, which is Lamar by a lot.
Good write up. Thank you for that. No disagreements from me on it.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:09 AM 01-20-2023
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
added Vikes DC

After listening to the radio the other day, it is not a surprise it took this long. It sounds like management/coaches are methodical in their decisions.

Not sure if that is good or bad.
He was pretty bad.

Not sure which players of consequence the Vikings lost from last year to this year. Maybe some old dudes like Harrison Smith just started to show their age more. But from the outside, it looked like things were mostly unchanged personnel-wise, and they stunk twice as hard as the previous year.

Didn't really notice any improvement throughout the year, either.

I was surprised by the hire in the first place. Maybe O'Connell just wanted an experienced coordinator to help him along or something. They definitely could have done better.
[Reply]
wazu 10:13 AM 01-20-2023
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
It's a trend... HC's firing the coordinator on the opposite side of the HC's area of expertise.

Miami: McDaniel (Offense) firing his DC
Chargers: Staley (Defense) firing his OC and QB Coach
Cleveland: Stefanski (Offense) firing his DC
Washington: Rivera (Defense) firing his OC
Minnesota: O'Connell (Offense) firing his DC
NY Jets: Saleh (Defense) firing his OC
Tampa: Bowles (Defense) firing his OC
Baltimore: Harbaugh (Defense/Special Teams) "mutually parting ways" with his OC
Tennessee: Vrabel (Defense) firing his OC
Makes sense. HCs need a really good "mini-HC" who can run that side of the ball somewhat independently. Kind of telling how many of these are defensive HCs. Wonder if that's because quality OCs get promoted to head coach so rapidly.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:38 AM 01-20-2023
No idea where this goes but GMFB speculated that with McVay leaving the Rams might go full rebuild and look to trade Donald.

I know it's a super long shot. But just imagine Jones and Donald on the same line. Who cares what the rest of the defense looks like, that line would wreck everything.

Mahomes restructures, Jones and OBJ sign back-loaded contracts that don't come due until after the last year of Donald's contract, cap goes up a lot. I'm just going to dream. Do it Vunch!
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:41 AM 01-20-2023
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
No idea where this goes but GMFB speculated that with McVay leaving the Rams might go full rebuild and look to trade Donald.

I know it's a super long shot. But just imagine Jones and Donald on the same line. Who cares what the rest of the defense looks like, that line would wreck everything.

Mahomes restructures, Jones and OBJ sign back-loaded contracts that don't come due until after the last year of Donald's contract, cap goes up a lot. I'm just going to dream. Do it Vunch!
McVay already said he’s coming back.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:50 AM 01-20-2023
Lol me - I always get him mixed up with Kliff.

Anyway, still fantasizing about Jones and Donald on the same team for a few years. I think it would be worth a bunch of draft picks and and any amount of salary finagling. Those two combined would be such a weapon.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:10 PM 01-20-2023
If the Bears really are going to stick with Fields they should be all over Greg Romans jock for OC.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 02:31 PM 01-20-2023
The Jets should hire Roman and make a push to land Lamar in a trade.
[Reply]
Hoover 03:54 PM 01-20-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
If the Bears really are going to stick with Fields they should be all over Greg Romans jock for OC.
This.
[Reply]
Hoover 03:55 PM 01-20-2023
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
The Jets should hire Roman and make a push to land Lamar in a trade.
And this.

I think the Ravens made a mistake. John Harbaugh will be on the hot seat week 1 next year.
[Reply]
scho63 04:26 PM 01-20-2023
It seems like this year there will be more coaches and QBs on the move than in years past.

Is it my imagination? Seems awful high.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 04:37 PM 01-20-2023
Originally Posted by Hoover:
And this.

I think the Ravens made a mistake. John Harbaugh will be on the hot seat week 1 next year.
That would be dumb
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 09:20 PM 01-20-2023
Tennessee hired Herm 2.0 as their new GM.

A quote from Carthon’s introductory press conference:

Link: https://sports.yahoo.com/ran-carthon...214417162.html

Originally Posted by :
I joke and I say it’s cute to play, you know, Golden State Warriors football, in October and September. But when those conditions change and you can’t throw the ball up and down the yard, you better be able to run it. And you better be able to defend it.

“I think if you look at the teams that are in the playoffs that are still playing at this stage, everybody’s able to run the ball. So I think you can win championships that way.”

[Reply]
Page 14 of 19
« First < 41011121314 15161718 > Last »
Up