ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 38
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Things I think it's time for:
Chris Meck 04:15 PM 09-25-2022
1. You can't trot Ammendola out again. You just can't. It'd be mutiny. I don't care what you do, you have to cut him and sign someone else. I'd go for two every time and have Reid kick off before I did that again.

2. Justin Watson needs way more snaps. Yes, he could've caught that one ball today, but he's big, he's fast, hes a physical match-up problem, and he usually catches the ball. He was inches away from another big TD today. Play him.

3. It's time to get Pacheco more touches. The midget squad isn't getting it done. It's not all their fault, but at least Pacheco is big and strong enough to maybe break some tackles.

4. It's time to bench Wylie. Wanegho can't be worse, and might have upside. Just do it, for accountability's sake if nothing else.

5. I think it's time to force feed more snaps to Moore. I don't want him returning punts anymore. Put Hardman there, you know what Hardman is, and he's not a route running WR. At least he might break a PR.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:49 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Something being lost here on how this team doesn't adapt...they keep not activating Ronald Jones for games when he's the best ball carrier they have. They'd rather have 3 guys who are similar to each other...what's that say?
Exactly.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:49 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
OBJ was awful last game. IDK WTF happened.
He's been awful all fucking season.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:52 AM 09-26-2022
Also if you like Pacheco because of his speed fine..pick between CEH and McKinnon, it just feels like they don't wanna admit a cheap afterthought FA signing is better than a 1st round pick.
[Reply]
Best22 10:55 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Replace DK with McLaurin then.
McLaurin wasn’t an obvious miss either. 3rd rounder, everyone passed on him twice

Veach should’ve drafted Tee Higgins instead of CEH. And he probably should’ve drafted Pickens instead of trading back and getting Moore, even though I personally didn’t like Pickens
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:55 AM 09-26-2022
OBJ being "awful" is an overstatement. He hasn't been awful for the entirety of 3 games.

It's just that he's not good enough to consider paying like a top tackle.
[Reply]
tredadda 10:57 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
He's been awful all fucking season.
Definitely starting to look like this might be the case all year. Hopefully he improves. If not then we might be fortunate that he thinks he’s worth more than KC did.
[Reply]
Best22 10:58 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Dk Metcalfs con was his 3 cone, so people got all indignant about it...lets not factor in that a dude the size of a TE that runs faster than 99% of the league is probably gonna get open even if he doesn't cut super fast.
There have been plenty of athletic marvels who amounted to nothing in the NFL. Guy had little production at Ole Miss, so that pointed to him not being able to consistently get the most out of his physical talent

This always goes one of two ways

If he was drafted and bust, everyone laughs: “no stupid, you need skill, route running, and smarts to be a good WR, not just athleticism. He’s a track star not a football player!”

Then when the stud actually becomes an elite player: “This was so obvious. Dude is as big as an LB and runs like a gazelle. How could you not draft him in the 1st round?”
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:59 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Definitely starting to look like this might be the case all year. Hopefully he improves. If not then we might be fortunate that he thinks he’s worth more than KC did.
Agreed.

I thought before the tag that he'd probably get top 3-5 money.

He's definitely not even worth that.

And if he wants to be the highest-paid LT in the game, that make the decision very easy. Let him walk.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 10:59 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
OBJ being "awful" is an overstatement. He hasn't been awful for the entirety of 3 games.

I didn't think he was bad against the Chargers.

He was shit against the Colts though. Knocked on his ass. Ran around. Tripped over his own feet. He had a bad game. And i don't even know hte name of the guy he was facing.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:59 AM 09-26-2022

He was shit against the Colts though. Knocked on his ass. Ran around. Tripped over his own feet. He had a bad game. And i don't even know hte name of the guy he was facing.
Right.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:01 AM 09-26-2022

The Colts have a lot invested in their line in money and picks, Kwity Paye killed him several times.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:02 AM 09-26-2022
Agreed.

And if he wants to be the highest-paid LT in the game, that make the decision very easy. Let him walk.
Yup. He might get the Mathieu treatment from NFL teams. That might humble him some.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:02 AM 09-26-2022

Nah, fuck that. He's been AWFUL. We had to play the Chargers with a significant neutralizer since Reid and co had absolutely no faith in the Ts to hold up. The Cardinals may be one of the most talentless DLs in the NFL and Brown still managed to yield SEVEN PRESSURES. He's an absolute massive liability that needs replaced now.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:03 AM 09-26-2022
Agreed.

I’m curious what OBJ thinks of his performance and value.

I would guess that he thinks the system just doesn’t fit him, because we know he was an effective OT for Baltimore in their system. He was a mauling run blocker for them, and we can’t seem to run even with this IOL.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:04 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Nah, fuck that. He's been AWFUL. We had to play the Chargers with a significant neutralizer since Reid and co had absolutely no faith in the Ts to hold up. The Cardinals may be one of the most talentless DLs in the NFL and Brown still managed to yield SEVEN PRESSURES. He's an absolute massive liability that needs replaced now.
Fine, we can agree to disagree on his level of suckitude.

We won't disagree on what needs to happen now, though. I agree it's time for him to go. There's no contract he can get in KC that is good for the team. They simply have to let him go. He's not worth it.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 38
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Up