ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 35
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Melvin Ingram signs with Dolphins
ShowtimeSBMVP 02:33 PM 05-15-2022

Breaking: FA DE Melvin Ingram is signing with the #Dolphins, per source.

The 3x Pro Bowler has 51 career sacks with 74 TFLs and 119 QB hits. Another good move for Chris Grier and the Phins.

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) May 15, 2022

[Reply]
ChiTown 06:22 AM 05-16-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
It'll be interesting to see what shakes out. Like many, I had kind of assumed Ingram would return.

If Veach doesn't do something fairly aggressive here it means the team is higher on Kaindoh and Herring than we've thought.

Maybe they know something we don't.
Now you’re just talking crazy. That’s impossible….
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 06:43 AM 05-16-2022
Originally Posted by Wilson8:
I hadn't really looked around the league for trades because I just assumed that the Chiefs would sign Melvin Ingram.

It will be very interesting to see what his new Dolphins contract looks like.

Arizona Cardinals drafted DEs Cameron Thomas and Myjai Sanders in the 3rd round.

Markus Golden had a pretty good year for Cards with -
16 games, 11 sacks, 48 tackles, 10 TFL, and 19 QB hits, with 67% of Def snaps.

The Arizona Cardinals have the 3rd lowest cap space in the NFL and could save $3,235,294 by trading him.

He doesn't fit Brett Veach's requirement for youth at 31 years old. He is 6-3, 260, and played college ball at Missouri.

Dallas Cowboy DE Dorance Armstrong Jr., (former KU player) still only 24 years old.
Dorance is 6-4, 255 pounds, and in 2021 played in 13 games, 5 sacks, 37 tackles,3 TFL, 12 QB Hits

Marcus Davenport from the New Orleans Saints might be another possibility, but his past injuries concern and he has 4 voidable years on his contract. Not sure what you do with those in a trade.

Marcus is 6-6, 265 pounds, Age 25 and in 2021 played in 11 games, 9 sacks, 39 tackles, 9 TFL, 16 QB Hits, 3 FF.

I think Brett Veach will find a player that will fit the needs of the Chiefs.
Robert Quinn a possibility from the Bears? Had 18.5 sacks last year.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 07:00 AM 05-16-2022
(ˈɪŋɡrəm ) dialect, archaic. noun. 1. an ignorant person.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 07:20 AM 05-16-2022
Originally Posted by JPH83:
Yes, our DL was hopeless. Unless you think Clark, Danna, Reed, Nnadi or Wharton were better than Ingram I'm not really sure of the point. We had 2 functional players on the DL, one was Ingram.
And that's the problem.. he wasn't good enough like the others.
[Reply]
JPH83 07:25 AM 05-16-2022
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
And that's the problem.. he wasn't good enough like the others.
Who out there is better? Amazed anyone could watch our defence before and after he came in and not see the difference.
[Reply]
Kiimo 07:32 AM 05-16-2022
Yes, our DL was hopeless. Unless you think Clark, Danna, Reed, Nnadi or Wharton were better than Ingram I'm not really sure of the point. We had 2 functional players on the DL, one was Ingram.
Wharton could easily end up being better than a lot of people this season.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 07:48 AM 05-16-2022
Who out there is better? Amazed anyone could watch our defence before and after he came in and not see the difference.
Who did he play against? Denver twice, GB with no Rodgers, Raiders, Cowboys with no Cooper etc..everytime we played a good offense the defense struggled i.e the Chargers, Bills and Bengles. So let's stop acting like his impact was huge against quality opposition.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:50 AM 05-16-2022
You would HOPE they learned from last season and won't enter 2022 with a DL as thin/needing help as they did 2021. They pinned a lot on Frank Clark and Chris Jones, and it didn't work.

Just adding Karlaftis to that mix doesn't do enough unless someone like Harring or Kaindoh is ready to explode forward. And that's still a lot to hope for.

With the cap space KC has currently, I can't imagine the plan is to sit pat. But we'll see.
[Reply]
JPH83 07:54 AM 05-16-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Wharton could easily end up being better than a lot of people this season.
He's a decent situational pass rusher who was overplayed last year and needs to be used less against the run. Could be very useful in obvious passing situations and that's probably how he should be used. I know some have suggested a move to DE, maybe, I don't see it myself.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:03 AM 05-16-2022
Well, I for one can’t wait to cheer for training camp scrubs with the hope that one of them will magically be a double digit sack guy!

Go Rich Scanlon Jr!!!!!
[Reply]
burt 08:07 AM 05-16-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I can't imagine the plan is to sit pat. But we'll see.
^^ This. 100% correct. Veach is the best GM that we've ever had. In Veach, I trust.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 08:10 AM 05-16-2022
Last year people talked themselves into thinking the DE position would be fine by having Jones move outside.

The available free agents are rotational band aids. A set of fresh legs late in the year.
[Reply]
O.city 08:20 AM 05-16-2022
This front office just doesn’t seem to be the “sit tight and see” kind of front office. There’s nothing left out there but old bandaids.

Getting brown jr off the tag and signed long term would help free up space but I doubt any team is gonna wanna make a big trade at this point aftet the draft.

Aka they may have really screwed the pooch here
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:22 AM 05-16-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Every year? From about 2012 until whenever Lafleur was hired they were about a 10-11 team which is what I have the Chiefs going this year. That's a playoff team but not a super bowl contender. You're not going to the super bowl with a bunch of rookies in your secondary and guys like Mike Dana/Malik Herring as your edge. Get real.
Maybe two rookies in a first and second round picks. We are not done at edge and either way, this defense should be better than last years. I think the offense will be much more diversified and not as easy to stymie as well. The Pats did it year in a year out as they slightly changed their colors each year to stay competitive with TB12 at the helm, we can do the same with Pat. Will we, that's really hard to do, but can we, fuck ya...
[Reply]
burt 08:25 AM 05-16-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:

Aka they may have really screwed the pooch here
I love and respect you, however, I highly doubt this.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 35
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Up