ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 22
« First < 41011121314 15161718 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Do you take your hat off at the dinner table?
petegz28 09:11 PM 07-31-2021
It never ceases to amaze me when I go to a fairly nice or better restaurant to see guys wearing their hats at the table. I am not talking about some dude at lunch at McDonald's. I'm talking about a nice steak house or likewise having dinner with the family.

When I was growing up I was taught to take my hat off in the house but if I ever sat at the table with it on it would have been removed for me.

And if I tried to walk into my Grandmother's house, especially the kitchen, the hat was removed for me without me being asked to take it off.

Do you take your hat off at the table?
[Reply]
srvy 04:11 PM 08-01-2021
We should all adopt this pansies manners here in the US

[Reply]
cosmo20002 04:17 PM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
According to the etiquette experts over at the Emily Post Institute, the act of removing your hat indoors is a longtime sign of respect. In fact, it probably began with medieval knights. The Institute writes that back in Medieval Europe, any knight who failed to remove his helmet or lift his visor to identify himself could face fatal consequences. Knights also removed their helmets as a sign of vulnerability and trust in churches and in the presence of women and royalty.

The rule also has roots in Christianity, as it’s considered customary for men to remove their hats upon entering a church.

But perhaps the strictest rules of Western hat etiquette exist in the U.S. Flag Code, which advises men to take off their hats during the national anthem—no matter where it’s being played. While the flag code is certainly not a law (it’s just an advisory), its inclusion of hat etiquette cements the idea that wearing a hat in the wrong situation is the epitome of rudeness.
So I can't wear a hat in my own home eating a casual dinner because of Medieval European knights?

yeah, ok
[Reply]
eDave 04:19 PM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
So I can't wear a hat in my own home eating a casual dinner because of Medieval European knights?

yeah, ok
Who said you can't wear a hat at your own dinner table?
[Reply]
cosmo20002 04:48 PM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
Who said you can't wear a hat at your own dinner table?
the hat nazis
[Reply]
Bearcat 04:56 PM 08-01-2021

yeah, ok
Wearing a hat around the house seems as weird to me as taking it off for dinner just because of some made up rule of respect.

I guess if you're going to be weird and wear a hat around the house, you should just keep that level of weirdness going and not up the weirdness to taking it off for no apparent reason besides eating a meal.
[Reply]
Pablo 04:56 PM 08-01-2021
the hat nazis
I think it's fine if you're enjoying your dinner on the patio but if you step a foot inside that door that motherfucking hat better come off.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 05:16 PM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by scho63:
Adults get on airplanes in pajamas.

People wear sweat pants and hoodies to church.

Adults wear flip flops into a nice restaurant.

Nothing amazes me anymore.

This country has turned to shit the last 25 years in human behaviour.
People pay ratchet ass women to fuck them. Nothing amazes me anymore.
[Reply]
vailpass 05:25 PM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
People pay ratchet ass women to **** them. Nothing amazes me anymore.
*considers googling “ratchet ass women”. Decides against it*
[Reply]
Frazod 05:27 PM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by vailpass:
I actually did. Nothing hit.

EDIT: Nothing hits under "ratchet ass." But this is the urban dictionary definition of "ratchet ass female."

Originally Posted by :
A female who is just. ew. this person may wear clothes with holes in them but "didnt know" and play it off as it just happened a few seconds ago. comes to school wear a sleeping cap as a beanie. thinks she the baddest of them all. is stank either smells like fish, booty or just stank! comes to school with one nail on and all the others missing. her tracks show is the back. does the most stuppidest things and wears the cheapest weave and calls it "remmeny". also she may lie and be like "yeah we talk every other day" no bitch. he texts you to ask you what the homework is or if you can give him the answers. also someone who tries to fye on others about they dresscode, when she comes to school wearing orange brown and pink. if yall gotta bitch like that then this is called a RATCHET FEMALE.
The things you learn on ChiefsPlanet. :-)
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:27 PM 08-01-2021
I had a shady wipe earlier this morning that I'm positive has left a burnout in my RedHead trousers I got from Bass Pro on a gift card found in my stocking last Christmas but at least I took my hat off before sitting down for supper
[Reply]
vailpass 05:28 PM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I actually did. Nothing hit.
Hah! So I’m not the only one who doesn’t know wtf that means.
[Reply]
eDave 05:29 PM 08-01-2021
A diva, mostly from urban cities and ghettos, that has reason to believe she is every man's eye candy when she is not.
[Reply]
Frazod 05:30 PM 08-01-2021
Hah! So I’m not the only one who doesn’t know wtf that means.
We're old, my friend. :-)
[Reply]
vailpass 05:31 PM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
A diva, mostly from urban cities and ghettos, that has reason to believe she is every man's eye candy when she it not.
Ah, thank you.
[Reply]
vailpass 05:31 PM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
We're old, my friend. :-)
Apparently. Beats the alternative :-)
[Reply]
Page 14 of 22
« First < 41011121314 15161718 > Last »
Up