ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 57
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Mass shooting on Las Vegas Strip
Buck 01:00 AM 10-02-2017
Automatic Gunfire from Mandalay Bay onto an outdoor concert. A lot of injured/dead.
[Reply]
Why Not? 10:31 AM 10-02-2017
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
What society has metal detectors in every public building? North Korea? I mean, maybe we need to go in that direction, but it's not like hotels have had any reason to think they need this kind of security.

Besides, think about it -- hotels are nothing more than places where massive numbers of people with bags go in and out all the time. You want TSA level checkpoints to get into your hotel room every time you go there?
I guess if you squint hard enough you could take away from my post that I was loosey advocating for metal detectors everywhere. I assure you that is not the case. I am more pro armed security than I am metal detectors.
[Reply]
Fish 10:33 AM 10-02-2017
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
You apparently have zero idea how difficult it is to kill close to 60 people and wound another 400+ with a rifle from a long distance. Even a belt fed fully automatic version which I doubt he used. I don't care how packed in they were.
Ohh, OK. Please tell us about your experience with how difficult it is to kill close to 60 people.
[Reply]
bdj23 10:34 AM 10-02-2017
I'm supposed to get married in Las Vegas on this weekend next year.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:35 AM 10-02-2017
Originally Posted by BDj23:
You shouldn't let this affect that at all.
[Reply]
O.city 10:36 AM 10-02-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Yeah, this is weird. The logistics involved - hauling all those rifles and all that ammo around, in a way that obviously arose no suspicion. Just hauling a few hundred rounds and a couple of rifles to the range is a pain in the ass. I also find it hard to believe that this guy previously demonstrated no interest in guns, yet was able to pull this off.

Don't buy the "snapped" angle, either. You don't snap and then spend days and thousands of dollars on equipment planning this shit.

This is bent. How bent is something I guess we'll find out later.
That's what I was thinking about. This shit was meticulous in planning.

Damn
[Reply]
ptlyon 10:36 AM 10-02-2017
Originally Posted by DaFace:
You shouldn't let this affect that at all.
Unless he wants an excuse
[Reply]
Molitoth 10:38 AM 10-02-2017
I don't know why people are having a hard time thinking this was just a "normal guy".

It's not like he was going to advertise himself as a mass shooter on his t-shirt.

Of course he was going to keep a low profile in order to pull this off.
[Reply]
nychief 10:38 AM 10-02-2017
Originally Posted by BDj23:
Jesus. Are you okay?
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 10:39 AM 10-02-2017
Originally Posted by O.city:
That's what I was thinking about. This shit was meticulous in planning.

Damn
how so? He had the room for 4 days, carrying a few pieces of luggage on a cart is hardly difficult. Hell, he could have tipped a bellhop to do it for him.

The only real planning part was identifying the target, and ensuring he could get a room overlooking it. I read elsewhere a rumor that his gf was a MB employee, so perhaps his knowledge was helped by that, or he used her ID to gain access.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 10:41 AM 10-02-2017
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats.:
I'm not shocked he could do this. Any one of us could do this if we had the interest and could source the firepower. Shooting down into a huge crowd from an elevated posiition is not skillful. It is the proverbial fish in a barrel. People didn't run because they expoected the fire was ground base and were not sure which direction to run. Even during the reloading pauses you hear people in the videos hesitant to move, some still in disbelief it was real.

Now, if these were full auto, then that is a real question how a novice got them, as while they are legal with permits, it's not a simple process. If it was bumpfire, that easy to modify by reading the instructions or watching youtube.
Neither am I.

20k people shoulder to shoulder in the street and and you strafe the fuck out of them. Those bursts were quick. and of the injured, we don't know how many were hurt just in the melee trying to get away.

I can actually feel the Alex Jones coming out in this thread.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 10:43 AM 10-02-2017
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
I don't know why people are having a hard time thinking this was just a "normal guy".

It's not like he was going to advertise himself as a mass shooter on his t-shirt.

Of course he was going to keep a low profile in order to pull this off.
even "normal guys" tend to have some sort of strong beliefs though if they do something like this. A history of anger, or strong fundamentalism, something.

I said to my wife while I shaved this morning the first 2 reports I saw made no sense - that he was a leftist shooting at supposed Trump supporters (why not attack a political rally) and a gun nut (why give more fodder). To be largely neutral is very odd.
[Reply]
KCUnited 10:43 AM 10-02-2017
The guy is a professional gambler in Vegas. He could probably get a bazooka delivered as a side on room service.
[Reply]
Marcellus 10:44 AM 10-02-2017
Originally Posted by Fish:
Ohh, OK. Please tell us about your experience with how difficult it is to kill close to 60 people.
Historical evidence gives us the information we need. In other words this is the worse shooting EVER.

Its not like he is the first guy to try this.

I know it just seems so easy to think a guy could just shoot into a crowd and kill that many people, personally, I don't think its that easy. Its not like everyone stood still for 30 minutes while he was shooting.

Just my $.02.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 10:44 AM 10-02-2017
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
Neither am I.

20k people shoulder to shoulder in the street and and you strafe the **** out of them. Those bursts were quick. and of the injured, we don't know how many were hurt just in the melee trying to get away.

I can actually feel the Alex Jones coming out in this thread.
it is also likely than multiple people were injured by every round due to the likelyhood this was 7.62mm or similar. Also, even the richochets from misses or through-shots hitting the pavement likley injured dozens.
[Reply]
bdj23 10:44 AM 10-02-2017
Originally Posted by nychief:
Jesus. Are you okay?
I didn't mean it like this.

I kinda just feel like it might not be appropriate to be out there, that weekend having a good time.

Might be in bad taste? I don't know.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 57
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Up