ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 35
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>College Football: The Colorado Buffalos
DenverChief 08:32 AM 09-03-2023

[Reply]
LoneWolf 01:47 PM 09-30-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Yeah, I don't quite understand the plan there. Waste a bunch of time, use all of your timeouts, and then make the score look respectable? The plan CLEARLY wasn't to win the game.
Their head coach is a Hollywood wannabe moron. He obviously lets his assistants do all the coaching and his entire job is to promote his brand. A real head coach would have heard the call for a running play and lost his shit and changed the call. His “Primeness” just wants to make sure he looks cool standing in the sidelines and that his kids have on the proper bling.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 01:48 PM 09-30-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
CU outscored USC 27-14 in the 2nd half. Shouldn't even be possible that CU's defense stopped USC's offense that many times.
USC obviously lost interest. Like a cat playing with a dead mouse.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:48 PM 09-30-2023
Nice comeback by your Bufs, DC. Big improvement over last week, ESPECIALLY on defense in the 2nd half. They looked respectable on that side of the ball after the break. Even good.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:49 PM 09-30-2023
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
USC obviously lost interest. Like a cat playing with a dead mouse.

Lol, definitely didn't look that way on the field. or on Lincoln Riley's face.:-)
[Reply]
DenverChief 09-30-2023, 01:51 PM
This message has been deleted by DenverChief.
Megatron96 01:55 PM 09-30-2023
Originally Posted by DenverChief:
Sheduer Sanders so far this year

160/214 - 1781 Yards 15 TD's 2 INT 2 Ru TD

Very impressive compared to Caleb Williams

105/141 - 1603 Yards 21 TD's 1 INT 3 Ru TD

Biggest difference is Caleb has been sacked 7 Times vs 25 times for Sheduer

Sheduer's ball placement on many of his throws was superb. That anticipation throw was NFL level. hell, there's plenty of starting QBs in the NFL that can't throw one as well as the one he put on Miller there near the end of the game.
[Reply]
lcarus 02:00 PM 09-30-2023
Colorado might have had a slimmer of a chance if they didn't waste 2 minutes off the clock. Down 14 points with under 6 minutes and they ran it up the middle for no gain like 4 times. Idiotic.
[Reply]
DenverChief 09-30-2023, 02:02 PM
This message has been deleted by DenverChief.
Megatron96 02:06 PM 09-30-2023
I am absolutely thrilled by the performance. Would have loved a win but they showed guts clawing their way back and I think they found a couple young stars in freshman WR Miller (7 Rec for 196 yds 1 TD) and Cormani McClain (had some critical pass breakups).

Miller definitely has some flash. That kid can play. loved the toe tap catch on the sideline. Very Chris Carter like.

And wasn't Hunter and that other speedster out of this game? They might've won with those two available. Great performance by Buf.
[Reply]
DenverChief 02:22 PM 09-30-2023
Miller definitely has some flash. That kid can play. loved the toe tap catch on the sideline. Very Chris Carter like.

And wasn't Hunter and that other speedster out of this game? They might've won with those two available. Great performance by Buf.
Yeah Travis Hunter (WR/CB) was out with the lacerated liver - S Shilo Sanders and S Myles Shluser and CB Carter Stoutmire (all defensive starters) were out.
[Reply]
DenverChief 02:23 PM 09-30-2023
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Colorado might have had a slimmer of a chance if they didn't waste 2 minutes off the clock. Down 14 points with under 6 minutes and they ran it up the middle for no gain like 4 times. Idiotic.
They were out of TO's at that point they were going to have to get an onside kick either way - regardless of how much time was left.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:28 PM 09-30-2023
Yeah Travis Hunter (WR/CB) was out with the lacerated liver - S Shilo Sanders and S Myles Shulser and CB Carter Stoutmire (all defensive starters) were out.

:-)

Heck of a performance today all around. Obviously could've started a little faster to begin the game and running the ball four times on that last drive was questionable, but considering they were 22-point underdogs, CU way overperformed today. Especially on defense, and they're supposed to be horrific on defense. How many stops did they get in the 2nd half anyway? They aren't showing the play-by-play on ESPN.

Don't worry though. All the naysayers will be around soon, with every excuse they can think of. Someone's already dropped the "USC lost interest in the second half," excuse, and to anyone watching, that clearly wasn't the case.

CU might be a ATS money-maker this season.
[Reply]
DenverChief 02:33 PM 09-30-2023
:-)

Heck of a performance today all around. Obviously could've started a little faster to begin the game and running the ball four times on that last drive was questionable, but considering they were 22-point underdogs, CU way overperformed today. Especially on defense, and they're supposed to be horrific on defense. How many stops did they get in the 2nd half anyway? They aren't showing the play-by-play on ESPN.

Don't worry though. All the naysayers will be around soon, with every excuse they can think of. Someone's already dropped the "USC lost interest in the second half," excuse, and to anyone watching, that clearly wasn't the case.

CU might be a ATS money-maker this season.

Appreciate it - I'm just stoked that CU Football is fun/relevant again.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:38 PM 09-30-2023
Appreciate it - I'm just stoked that CU Football is fun/relevant again.
I was never a CU fan as a kid (OU fan here), but I remember when they were decent, even good. So it's good to see them finally playing good football again. And maybe they can make me some $$$ while they're at it.:-)
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:47 PM 09-30-2023
CU forced USC to punt twice and generated an INT in the 2nd half. Also forced a FG attempt that USC missed, so 4 stops by CU's defense against the 8th ranked team led by last year's Heisman winner. Allowed zero points in the 4th quarter. Without three defensive starters.

That's actually pretty good.
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:52 PM 09-30-2023
CU forced USC to punt twice and generated an INT in the 2nd half. Also forced a Fg attempt that USC missed, so 4 stops by CU's defense against the 8th ranked team led by last year's Heisman winner. Allowed zero points in the 4th quarter. Without three defensive starters.

That's actually pretty good.
I was pretty impressed with their pass rush. I wasn’t paying enough attention to know if they’ve got the horses or if the OL shit the bed. Nonetheless, good performance.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:59 PM 09-30-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I was pretty impressed with their pass rush. I wasn’t paying enough attention to know if they’ve got the horses or if the OL shit the bed. Nonetheless, good performance.

Overall, I think CU's pass rush was probably spotty. I saw several reps where they did almost nothing, but also some when they put some pressure on Caleb.

CU's secondary played orders of magnitude better in the 2nd half though. Coverage was much better, especially in man, and they made some great plays defensing two or three passes that would've moved the chains, and one that would've scored a TD.

It's a big "IF," but if CU's defense can turn in more performances like today, but for an entire game, they'll win more than 6 games this season, imo.

Which, is kind of shocking, honestly. After Weeks 1 & 2, I thought the Buffaloes defense was nearly hopeless.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 35
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Up