ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 17
« First < 41011121314 151617 >
Nzoner's Game Room>**Happy Juneteenth**
Rasputin 06:53 AM 06-19-2024
What are you doing to celebrate this new Federal holiday?

What's on the dinner menu?

Did you get the day off or got to work and collect holiday pay?

Happy Juneteenth :-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 11:54 PM 06-19-2024
Originally Posted by rydogg58:
I highly doubt anyone treats you that way because of the color of your skin. They treat you that way because you're a ****ing moron and they probably don't like you.
Who the feck is this random prick replying to me? Smh looks like the "browsing weirdo's" have been triggered again :-)
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 12:24 AM 06-20-2024
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
You do realize that the first black person to enroll in an all white public school is still alive and is "only" 69 years old, right? Legalized slavery may have ended a while back but the repercussions from it are definitely still felt today. People living right now have experienced being a second class citizen in the very nation whose military uniform they wore. I, for one, can understand why this day would be a cause for national celebration as the freeing of the last slaves is a pretty massive historical landmark. Just like the Isrealites being freed from Egypt was a major landmark event in the bible.

Is it *YOUR* fault these people went through that? No.

Is it the fault of the government that still exists today? Yes.

Is it the fault of "your" (the general your as it refers to the average white person whose family has been in the US for a considerable amount of time) ancestors for the condition we find ourselves in today? Yes.

Relations between the races today is simply generational trauma inflicted on us by the people before it. They got to use people as slaves and treat them as sub-human when they couldn't be kept as slaves anymore. Made a bunch of money off of it and peaced the **** out straight to hell without having to deal with any of the consequences.

----

I don't believe anyone here is gonna force you (the general you) to celebrate this holiday but I would hope that in the context of history and the whole "love your neighbor as yourself" would lead some to be at least a little introspection regarding the position the descendants of the people we as a nation, unwillingly, brought over then shit on for 200 years.

Today being a holiday takes absolutely nothing away from anyone.
Brilliant post :-)

So glad to see there have been a few other posters who have seen the ignorance littered around this thread and have spoken up. Much respect to ya'll.
[Reply]
stevieray 06:23 AM 06-20-2024
If you want to celebrate it, do so.
If you don't, don't.

Pretty simple.

But to lay blame at the feet of people today?

total bullshit.
[Reply]
J Diddy 06:30 AM 06-20-2024
Originally Posted by stevieray:
If you want to celebrate it, do so.
If you don't, don't.

Pretty simple.

But to lay blame at the feet of people today?

total bullshit.
Is someone blaming you?
[Reply]
Spott 06:34 AM 06-20-2024
I went to Universal Studios and rode rollercoasters all day long on my day off. Hope everyone enjoyed their midweek holiday. :-)
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 06:58 AM 06-20-2024
Originally Posted by Strongside:
Just call it End Of Free Labor Day.
We would have to shut down the for-profit prisons in this country or make an amendment to the 13th amendment before we call it that.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 07:21 AM 06-20-2024
Honestly,

Respectfully,

This is really only a Texas Holiday...
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:22 AM 06-20-2024
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
In fact right now at this moment more people are in some form of slavery or some form of servitude than the previous 400 years combined. 25% of those people are children. But you won’t hear people flipping out over it.
What’s there to flip out about? We recognize today that slavery is immoral and have outlawed it (in most forms).

The shit Juneteenth is celebrating the end of was legal, government-sponsored. Mfs back then thought it was hunky dory.
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:52 AM 06-20-2024
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
What’s there to flip out about? We recognize today that slavery is immoral and have outlawed it (in most forms).

The shit Juneteenth is celebrating the end of was legal, government-sponsored. Mfs back then thought it was hunky dory.
Yea you missed the point.
[Reply]
alanm 08:27 AM 06-20-2024
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Columbus didn’t discover what’s now the USA. And even if his ship sunk at sea. They would have sent more ships. All the countries knew there may be new wealth in the new world for them to bring back home. He was not a unique man that without him the Americans would have went undiscovered. It would have delayed it by a year at the most.
Vikings, Knights Templar's and God knows who else rolled into North America looooooong before Columbus slid onto Hispaniola in the 1490's Columbus just had better PR.
[Reply]
threebag 08:40 AM 06-20-2024
So does Juneteenth replace Fathers Day?
[Reply]
staylor26 08:43 AM 06-20-2024
Per usual.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 08:46 AM 06-20-2024
Originally Posted by threebag:
It replaced my sister’s birthday. She never gets a “happy birthday” from me any more, but a “happy Juneteenth”. Older brother will always be older brother.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:46 AM 06-20-2024
You didn’t make a good point, but feel free to explain further.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 08:48 AM 06-20-2024
Originally Posted by threebag:

[Reply]
Page 14 of 17
« First < 41011121314 151617 >
Up