ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 31
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>ESPN insider names Texans LT Laremy Tunsil as Chiefs trade target
Direckshun 01:43 PM 03-12-2023
Didn’t see it posted.

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2023...laremy-tunsil/

ESPN insider names Texans LT Laremy Tunsil as Chiefs trade target

Could the Kansas City Chiefs go back to the trade market to find their left tackle of the future? One ESPN insider is watching a particular player closely if that’s the case.

ESPN’s Dan Graziano recently helped compile some last-minute free agency and trade buzz with the NFL’s legal tampering period kicking off at noon tomorrow. He mentioned that Houston Texans LT Laremy Tunsil could be a trade target for Kansas City if they’re unable to get a long-term deal done with Orlando Brown Jr. ahead of Monday.

Check it out:

Originally Posted by :
“One potential trade target I’m watching is Houston left tackle Laremy Tunsil. The Texans have resisted trading him in recent years, but he has just one year and a nonguaranteed $18.5 million left on his contract and could be a target of the Chiefs if they aren’t able to bring back Orlando Brown Jr.”
What would need to happen for a trade to materialize?

First, Houston would need to decide that they did not want to pay Tunsil a long-term contract extension. That would be a bold move considering they’re expected to draft a rookie quarterback and nothing is better for a rookie quarterback than an established left tackle.

Second, the two sides would have to agree on trade compensation. Would the Chiefs really be willing to potentially give up a first-round draft pick in 2023 (and potentially more) for Tunsil when they’re hosting the draft in Kansas City?

Next up, the Chiefs and Tunsil’s representation would need to first agree to a contract extension that would lower his 2023 salary cap hit. Right now, his cap hit would put the team over the cap.

Finally, Kansas City must view Tunsil as their “long-term solution” at left tackle. Will they envision him as such when he’ll be 29 years old in Week 1 of 2023? There is certainly nothing wrong with his ability — in three of the past four seasons, he’s been among PFF’s highest-graded pass-blocking offensive tackles. They should have no problem paying for that production, but would it be for more than one contract? It’s hard to say. When you draft a rookie in the first round, you get five years of control (fifth-year option), plus a likely sixth year of control through the franchise tag. Then you have the potential of re-signing that player to a long-term deal afterward.

There are certainly benefits to trading for Tunsil, but given what we’re hearing about what the Chiefs want out of the left tackle position this offseason, a trade might not be the route they take.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 09:12 AM 03-13-2023
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Dude, don't cast stones because if you don't see how idiotic it is to defend that franchise
Nobody is defending them you dumb fuck.
[Reply]
O.city 09:24 AM 03-13-2023
Yeah, Donovan Smith is in the same class as OBJ. I'm not paying him that. If he wants less, sure.

I'd prefer to just draft if that's the case.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 09:30 AM 03-13-2023
The more I think about this, the more obvious it seems if the Texans are willing to part with him.

Tunsil is in his prime, and had a 91 PFF pass blocking grade last year, only allowing one sack in 1061 snaps.

I’d give Houston our 1 in a heartbeat and pay Tunsil once he gets in the building.

He’s a much better fit for our offense than OBJr ever was, and he’s simply a better player.

Get this deal done and we don’t have to worry about Pat’s blindside for the next several years.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:30 AM 03-13-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
Yeah, Donovan Smith is in the same class as OBJ. I'm not paying him that. If he wants less, sure.

I'd prefer to just draft if that's the case.
Drafting is risky, but the payoff could be HUGE for keeping our line together for 5+ years.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:31 AM 03-13-2023
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Nobody is defending them you dumb fuck.
LOL, yes you are I said they took the risk with knowledge of his personality profile, or they were absolutely unprepared that this could happen.

Please defend them, because you're acting like a closet Texans fan.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:31 AM 03-13-2023
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
He played good in the SuperBowl and other games... CALM DOWN
So did Wylie. Doesn't mean we bring back Brown Jr. for what he wants.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:32 AM 03-13-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
So did Wylie. Doesn't mean we bring back Brown Jr. for what he wants.
agreed,

But he might find his market not developing and come crawling back to Veach's original deal.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 09:40 AM 03-13-2023
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
LOL, yes you are I said they took the risk with knowledge of his personality profile, or they were absolutely unprepared that this could happen.

Please defend them, because you're acting like a closet Texans fan.
:-) this reads like someone who lost but desperately wants to cling to some token W

Run along while the adults discuss.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:41 AM 03-13-2023
:-) this reads like someone who lost but desperately wants to cling to some token W

Am I an adult!?
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:41 AM 03-13-2023

Thanks for tapout son, because you're the one that mentioned Watson.
[Reply]
JohnnyV13 09:42 AM 03-13-2023
A late first round LT can work, even as a rookie. Duane Brown was the 26th pick of the draft of the 08 draft and was a starter from day 1.

If the Chiefs were to go that route, they'd have to bring in a veteran to protect against a bust. Bringing back Eric Fisher would seem to be the natural move, but I'd still want to know why he chose not to play most of last year.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 09:43 AM 03-13-2023
Am I an adult!?
Can you read and comprehend? If so you got a leg up on TW.
[Reply]
CupidStunt 09:45 AM 03-13-2023
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
The more I think about this, the more obvious it seems if the Texans are willing to part with him.

Tunsil is in his prime, and had a 91 PFF pass blocking grade last year, only allowing one sack in 1061 snaps.

I’d give Houston our 1 in a heartbeat and pay Tunsil once he gets in the building.

He’s a much better fit for our offense than OBJr ever was, and he’s simply a better player.

Get this deal done and we don’t have to worry about Pat’s blindside for the next several years.
I agree. Tunsil is a genuinely elite player, brutally underrated due to being in Houston, with no red flags (like Ramsey with age). He isn't quite Trent Williams due to TW's super-elite run-blocking, but at the same time TW gets a lot of hype for being on a successful, winning team. It isn't Tunsil's fault he plays for a trainwreck offense and franchise. If he'd been in KC the past couple years, everyone and their dog would widely hype him up as the top 3 LT he is.

That's all why I still just don't see why Houston would do it. Especially drafting apparently a 5'10, 190lb QB in a few weeks. They're not cap stretched AFAIK. They're not JUST entering a rebuild, where it's time to sell off; they're in theory coming out of it in a year or so, with an exciting new HC, young QB and presumably adding more playmakers around him. In other words, the perfect situation for Tunsil to be there and play a huge part in all that.

It's an absolute slam-dunk no-brainer move if it's on the table. The position, the role in the offense, the money makes sense, and he's a genuinely elite player. He's not Orlando Brown. This would be such a W, but there's no way. I refuse to get my hopes up.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:49 AM 03-13-2023
agreed,

But he might find his market not developing and come crawling back to Veach's original deal.
I have to disagree as pride will be a factor in this. For a man who forced his way out of Baltimore to play LT and then rejected KC's generous offer last year and this year, not sure he will swallow his pride enough to come crawling back.
[Reply]
O.city 09:49 AM 03-13-2023
Drafting is risky, but the payoff could be HUGE for keeping our line together for 5+ years.
I just don't see that as something that will ever happen, the set up of the league won't really allow it. Thuney is about aged out, you need a RT and a LT etc.

I'd shoot for more "2 years and we'll see"
[Reply]
Page 14 of 31
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Up