ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 80
« First < 41011121314 151617182464 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Mahomes Injury Updates Thread
Chiefspants 04:51 PM 01-21-2023
Figured it would be more ideal to give this its own thread than the Jaguars gamethread.

Unspoiler to see the first two updates

Spoiler!

UPDATE 3: Courtesy of King - High Ankle Sprain Confirmed

MRI today confirmed that Chiefs’ QB Patrick Mahomes suffered a high ankle sprain during Saturday’s win over the Jaguars, per league source. “Nothing more than that,” said one source, and Mahomes has said he plans to play in next Sunday’s AFC Championship Game.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) January 22, 2023

UPDATE 4: Got asked to add this report from Arrowhead Pride to the OP: https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2023/...chiefs-presser
[Reply]
Easy 6 01:42 PM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Especially with these two teams. Both will be as cheap as they deem fit.
No doubt about it, they'll be trying to stomp it and roll around on it when they knock him down
[Reply]
CapsLockKey 01:43 PM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Anyone else worried about people trying to stomp his ankle next week?

Because you KNOW they're going to...
I'm not as I don't think you want to start that kind of crap. If it starts to happen, the Chiefs defense will probably start taking cheap shots themselves on Allen or Burrow in retaliation. Particularly if you are the Bengals, I don't think you want to invite that kind of stuff with how bad their online is right now. Burrow may not finish the game if that's the case.
[Reply]
Easy 6 01:44 PM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk:
This why I’m cheering for the lesser of the two defenses.

Go Buffalo….?
I need revenge on Cincy, but your hearts in the right place
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 01:45 PM 01-22-2023
:heart hands:
[Reply]
myselff77 01:48 PM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I guess I don't understand. Its being reported TODAY it is a high ankle sprain. Why on earth was he not in a boot post game? I thought that is protocol with any significant ankle injury, and ANY high ankle sprains?
My uneducated opinion: there was a play several weeks ago where his ankle was completely sideways and somehow it did not phase him at all. The days that followed there were some videos showing some of the crazy workouts he does to focus on ankle flexibility. So, perhaps that is also helping him with this sprain. Sure it hurts, but perhaps he has put in the work where he can better deal with it than most.
[Reply]
MVChiefFan 01:49 PM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
I need revenge on Cincy, but your hearts in the right place
This. At Arrowhead AND we get revenge on their cocky asses!
[Reply]
Dante84 02:51 PM 01-22-2023
So, his mom posted a picture on IG of them smiling - at Patrick’s house - while the Fox game is on in the background.

This means that he was back at home within 3 hours of the game ending. Factoring in the presser and postgame stuff, and the drive home, it means he probably wasn’t stuck in the trainers room doing treatment for very long. So that’s a good thing, right?
[Reply]
-King- 02:55 PM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by Dante84:
So, his mom posted a picture on IG of them smiling - at Patrick’s house - while the Fox game is on in the background.

This means that he was back at home within 3 hours of the game ending. Factoring in the presser and postgame stuff, and the drive home, it means he probably wasn’t stuck in the trainers room doing treatment for very long. So that’s a good thing, right?
Lol it's a high ankle sprain. There's not much to managing it other than rest and ice and pain management.
[Reply]
Rasputin 02:58 PM 01-22-2023
I'll be pissed if we play in a dome in Atalanta with artificial turf wouldn't be good on that ankle.

Fuck you Goodell.
[Reply]
tredadda 02:59 PM 01-22-2023

Definitely not a bad thing. Wondering how it feels today and tomorrow.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 02:59 PM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by DRM08:
I'm reminded of the freaky play against Tampa earlier this season. It was both a magical TD pass as well as magical escape from injury. That play featured a similar looking potential injury where his ankle & knee were in a very bad position under the weight of a defender. Somehow he got up from that Tampa one without any trouble.

Is that photoshop ???? How the hell is that not a serious injury ???
[Reply]
BWillie 03:00 PM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
I'll be pissed if we play in a dome in Atalanta with artificial turf wouldn't be good on that ankle.

**** you Goodell.
What? Would you want an indoor game with an injury like that? It's going to be 18 degrees otherwise and that would be really painful the colder it is.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 03:02 PM 01-22-2023

Starting to think it's a strategic plan to change the strategy of next weeks opponent. They'll be thinking we're featuring the run game and Mahomes will be toasting the secondary
[Reply]
Dante84 03:03 PM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by -King-:
Lol it's a high ankle sprain. There's not much to managing it other than rest and ice and pain management.
I figured they’d have him dangling upside down like a bat while pumping stem cells directly into the ankle joint; possibly having a shaman in the corner chanting and burning sage.

That’s gotta be more than a 2 hour ordeal, right?
[Reply]
njchiefs 03:54 PM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
What? Would you want an indoor game with an injury like that? It's going to be 18 degrees otherwise and that would be really painful the colder it is.
Cold reduces inflammation, no? Hence is why you put ice on it. I would think a hot sweaty inflamed ankle might hurt more.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 80
« First < 41011121314 151617182464 > Last »
Up