ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 13
1 234511 > Last »
Media Center>AVATAR 2
sully1983 02:11 PM 09-25-2017
Filming just started today (after months of pre production). James Cameron is set to make 4 sequels. Are you looking forward to the sequel(s)? I can't decide if he's either crazy or brilliant lol. At this point though, I think it would be foolish to bet against Cameron. People thought he was crazy making a 200 million dollar budget about a sinking ship and they thought Avatar would flop too (both are the highest grossest films of all time)

Avatar 2 will be in theaters December 18th, 2020.

I loved Avatar. I thought the 3rd act was worth the price of admission alone. Saw it twice in IMAX 3D (I very rarely would do something like that but I liked it so much the 1st time I had to see it again) So count me in on looking forward to the sequels.
[Reply]
Frazod 02:51 PM 09-25-2017
Dances with Blue Aliens Part 2? Yeah, I'll pass.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:34 PM 09-25-2017
I think I'm one of like three people in the world that wasn't blown away by Avatar, and movies like that are right in my wheelhouse. Probably won't see any of the sequels, just doesn't feel appealing to me.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:05 PM 09-25-2017
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I think I'm one of like three people in the world that wasn't blown away by Avatar, and movies like that are right in my wheelhouse. Probably won't see any of the sequels, just doesn't feel appealing to me.
The first 20 minutes were amazing - the closest thing to the wonder I felt when the first time I saw Star Wars in the theater as a child. But after that, I realized that I'd already seen Avatar, since the plot was completely unoriginal and utterly predictable. I still can't believe Cameron invested all that effort on such brilliant visuals but apparently couldn't spare anything for a decent story writer. Sort of reminded me a Vermeil's Chief teams - great offense, no defense. He gave us half a team. Cameron gave us half a movie.
[Reply]
patteeu 10:27 PM 09-25-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
The first 20 minutes were amazing - the closest thing to the wonder I felt when the first time I saw Star Wars in the theater as a child. But after that, I realized that I'd already seen Avatar, since the plot was completely unoriginal and utterly predictable. I still can't believe Cameron invested all that effort on such brilliant visuals but apparently couldn't spare anything for a decent story writer. Sort of reminded me a Vermeil's Chief teams - great offense, no defense. He gave us half a team. Cameron gave us half a movie.
I saw it the same way. Maybe it's our age. Maybe people who saw it younger or who never saw a movie like Dances with Wolves might have liked it better.
[Reply]
unlurking 05:15 AM 09-26-2017
Originally Posted by patteeu:
I saw it the same way. Maybe it's our age. Maybe people who saw it younger or who never saw a movie like Dances with Wolves might have liked it better.
I enjoyed Avatar quite a bit. Saw it in the theater in 3D. Not being a fan of Kevin Costner, I never saw Dance with Wolves.
[Reply]
Pants 08:43 PM 09-27-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
It was less of a movie for me and more of a ride. It was fucking incredible. I don't think the story was supposed to be the appeal. Although, I, personally, didn't mind its triteness.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 12:23 PM 09-28-2017
Originally Posted by Pants:
It was less of a movie for me and more of a ride. It was ****ing incredible. I don't think the story was supposed to be the appeal. Although, I, personally, didn't mind its triteness.
Right. And is that ride really going to be worth anything with 4 sequels with a story that will most likely get even more lame?
[Reply]
Pants 08:28 PM 09-28-2017
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
Right. And is that ride really going to be worth anything with 4 sequels with a story that will most likely get even more lame?
To each their own, man.

Personally, I hope to see all of them in IMAX 3D.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:47 PM 09-28-2017
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
What has James Cameron done in his career that could even be remotely considered "lame"?

He didn't rush these sequels. They've been in development for the better part of eight years.

Aliens and T2, both of which were sequels, are on par with the original (if not better).

I don't get the skepticism.
[Reply]
Trent Green GOAT 10:55 PM 09-25-2017
The first was highly overrated.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:18 PM 09-25-2017
I've still never seen the entire first one. And don't plan too.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:47 PM 09-25-2017
I liked the first one. I'll watch the second, though I'm really not sure where they'll take it.
[Reply]
SAGA45 06:39 PM 10-03-2017
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I liked the first one. I'll watch the second, though I'm really not sure where they'll take it.
Me neither. Not sure how they advance the story and also improve on the first film
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 04:45 AM 09-26-2017
I liked it ok, wasn't the best movie ever but it was good.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 13
1 234511 > Last »
Up