ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 29
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Media Center>Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
irishjayhawk 02:02 PM 05-22-2008
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Is it the worst of the films?
Easily.

Of course, I disagree with GoChiefs. I think it was a shitty film, craft wise.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 02:28 PM 05-22-2008
Originally Posted by irishjayhawk:
Of course, I disagree with GoChiefs. I think it was a shitty film, craft wise.
He was only talking about the technical aspects of it. Spielberg has always been one of the best, if not the best technical director of all time.
[Reply]
keg in kc 02:14 PM 05-22-2008
If somebody held a gun to my head and said "You're going to watch a movie. Temple of Doom or Crystal Skull?" I'd vote Crystal Skull without a pause. It wasn't even in the same dimension of suck as that runny turd.

(Dimension, get it?)
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 08:08 PM 05-22-2008
IMHO... this is worse than Temple. And I watched Temple just a couple of weeks ago. I hate to pile on, because I was pretty certain this would be better, but no... Kingdom is pretty putrid.

I'll talk more on the subject later.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:30 PM 05-22-2008
I think what really upset me is that
Spoiler!

Unless I missed the others.

On a side note, I want frazod to see it in the theater so I can hear him bitch about it sooner. :-)
[Reply]
irishjayhawk 08:33 PM 05-22-2008
Originally Posted by GOATSE:
Spoiler!

On a side note, I want frazod to see it in the theater so I can hear him bitch about it sooner. :-)
Actually, that's a good point. Rarely did that happen. In fact, it was almost non-existent.

I think the film, as people sit on it, will start to turn more negative in people's minds.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:36 PM 05-22-2008
Originally Posted by irishjayhawk:
Actually, that's a good point. Rarely did that happen. In fact, it was almost non-existent.

I think the film, as people sit on it, will start to turn more negative in people's minds.
For all the whining over his whip,
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Frazod 08:36 PM 05-22-2008
Spoiler!

Too late, Spanky. The obvious disappointment in your initial review kind of says it all.
[Reply]
morphius 08:42 PM 05-22-2008
I saw it this morning for free, ahh yeah, free.

As with most movies I went in with low expectations, tends to make movies more enjoyable. Most of the movie I enjoyed, but there were 3 scenes that really disappointed me. Without giving anything away, the kid swinging, the car and the tree and the rocks spinning while Indy just stood there. Just made me shake my head.

I'd have put this in the wait for the DVD list.
[Reply]
keg in kc 08:49 PM 05-22-2008
Originally Posted by morphius:
I saw it this morning for free, ahh yeah, free.

As with most movies I went in with low expectations, tends to make movies more enjoyable. Most of the movie I enjoyed, but there were 3 scenes that really disappointed me. Without giving anything away, the kid swinging, the car and the tree and the rocks spinning while Indy just stood there. Just made me shake my head.

I'd have put this in the wait for the DVD list.
The prarie dogs and the snake in the sandpit were probably the things I hated most, just beyond the swinging and the whole swordfighting gimmick during the chase.

I think for me, a few really bad ewok-esque scenes like that hurt what would have otherwise been a fairly solid movie.

And, this movie, the newer 10K BC and stargate's attempts aside, the concept of otherworldly visitors in the ancient world is one that fascinates me, and just hasn't been done right on film yet.
[Reply]
morphius 09:25 PM 05-22-2008
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
The prarie dogs and the snake in the sandpit were probably the things I hated most, just beyond the swinging and the whole swordfighting gimmick during the chase.

I think for me, a few really bad ewok-esque scenes like that hurt what would have otherwise been a fairly solid movie.

And, this movie, the newer 10K BC and stargate's attempts aside, the concept of otherworldly visitors in the ancient world is one that fascinates me, and just hasn't been done right on film yet.
LOL! That is sort of how I saw it, cut a few pieces and would have been a much more solid movie.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:55 PM 05-22-2008
Also, how about all the LOL HE GOT PUNCHED IN THE BALLS humor?

Retarded.
[Reply]
irishjayhawk 09:12 PM 05-22-2008

Retarded.
Really, I thought the only well written humor was Indy going in and out of teacher mode.
[Reply]
morphius 09:23 PM 05-22-2008

Retarded.
I don't know, the nut shot is sort of a staple in Indy.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:25 PM 05-22-2008
Originally Posted by morphius:
I don't know, the nut shot is sort of a staple in Indy.
Since when? All I can recall is the rhino horn in Crusade, which wasn't nearly as bad as RACK SHIA'S BALLS TWENTY TIMES AT 60 MPH!!!
[Reply]
Page 14 of 29
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Up