ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 139 of 378
« First < 3989129135136137138139 140141142143149189239 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022-2023 NBA Thread***
dirk digler 04:02 PM 10-18-2022
Can't believe the regular season starts tonight. Just seemed like the Finals ended a couple weeks ago.

Philly vs Celtics: 6:30PM CST TNT

GSW vs Lakers: 9:00PM CST TNT
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:30 AM 04-27-2023
Minneapolis-choke city
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:21 AM 04-27-2023
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I ****ing love that answer by Giannis BUT for sports we seem to deem not winning a championship as a failure especially for the top teams. It is what is and I have been guilty of that as anyone.
If anything is a failure, it's a championship favorite losing to an 8th seed in the first round in 5 games.

Giannis had little to do with that (he can't help the fact that he got hurt), but that's a failure for the Bucks.
[Reply]
Iconic 10:46 AM 04-27-2023
Amazing answer by Giannis. For a guy who's first language is not English he can be very articulate with his words. I'll always be a fan just because of his behavior off the court.

But still... it's JIMMY SZN BITCHES
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:49 AM 04-27-2023
76ers are probably a dynasty by now if they choose Butler over Simmons.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:55 AM 04-27-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
They could have had both, if I'm recalling correctly. It was effectively a choice of signing Harris to a long term deal versus letting Butler go.

The 2019 76ers were Embiid, Butler, Simmons (when he was still good and gave a shit), Harris, and Redick.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:56 AM 04-27-2023

:-)
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:16 AM 04-27-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Celtics vs. Embiid isn't to your liking?

How about seeing if Jimmy Butler can somehow carry a mediocre basketball team to the Finals again?
Neither team interests me. I kind of liked the Sixers when they were rebuilding through "the process", but I've lost interest now. Butler is fun, but I really wanted to see the Bucks move on.

So, it's the Nuggests and Kings for me at this point.
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:26 AM 04-27-2023
Listened to Skip/Shannon this morning and didn’t realize how bad Lebron is shooting 3’s. 1-9 last night and I think they said 3-29 over the last 3 games. Dillion Brooks is slightly worse

Never understood why Lebron refuses to back down more like MJ did when he was getting older.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:51 AM 04-27-2023
Listened to Skip/Shannon this morning and didn’t realize how bad Lebron is shooting 3’s. 1-9 last night and I think they said 3-29 over the last 3 games. Dillion Brooks is slightly worse

Never understood why Lebron refuses to back down more like MJ did when he was getting older.
Refuses to back down? Are you not watching these games? LeBron barely has the energy to run the floor at all (especially last night). He certainly isn't going to be able to engage in posting up players right now.

He's probably playing hurt on that foot but he's legitimately fatigued playing in this series in a way he's really never been before.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:54 AM 04-27-2023
They could have had both, if I'm recalling correctly. It was effectively a choice of signing Harris to a long term deal versus letting Butler go.

The 2019 76ers were Embiid, Butler, Simmons (when he was still good and gave a shit), Harris, and Redick.
IIRC He didn't like the intensity of Simmons. Maybe that was after he set fire to the place. I don't remember. But I remember him specifically calling out Simmons.

I think he's a bit of a pain in the ass, but no question the dude is a fucking DUDE.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:58 AM 04-27-2023
Russillo brought up an interesting point. It was just in passing, but he said "Can you imagine if Durant's foot was in?" with regards to the way we view Giannis. Holy balls.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 12:16 PM 04-27-2023

There isn’t a player in the NBA that has taken more 3 point attempts than Brooks this postseason. In the ENTIRE NBA. Like…what? I can think of 8 players on the Grizzlies I want taking more 3 point attempts than Brooks. You’re fucking open for a reason. I’ve always said if Brooks could just look in mirror and realize what he actually is this team will finally reach its full capabilities. He’s a defender. That’s it. Not the best, but still valuable. We just need him to have a huge gut check moment on Friday and facilitate more without shooting and we can easily get a win in LA. It’s easier said than done though. Brooks will be Brooks and Jenkins obviously doesn’t care to shut it down.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 01:16 PM 04-27-2023

According to @DenverSportsCom , Anthony Edwards has been cited for third-degree assault for allegedly striking two women with a folding chair

Per Colorado law third-degree assault carries the punishment of up to 18 months in Jail and/or a fine of up to $1,000 https://t.co/BvafaGVAhh pic.twitter.com/9RbAeihtLo

— NBACentral (@TheNBACentral) April 26, 2023

Ant played his ass off in the series. Sucks that people will run with this. Just frustrations boiling over. Obviously didn’t intend any harm to anyone and from what I see in the video doesn’t really cause much to anyone luckily.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 02:04 PM 04-27-2023
Celtics vs. Embiid isn't to your liking?

How about seeing if Jimmy Butler can somehow carry a mediocre basketball team to the Finals again?
I want to root for Embiid but he can't stay healthy all the way through a playoff run.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 02:07 PM 04-27-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Butler was good but he didn't look like the monster he currently is in Miami while he was a 76er.

Maybe as others have pointed out, he has to be the undisputed team leader to turn it on like that or there were whatever other team chemistry problems.
[Reply]
Page 139 of 378
« First < 3989129135136137138139 140141142143149189239 > Last »
Up