ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 138 of 185
« First < 3888128134135136137138 139140141142148 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The George Karlaftis Thread*****
Dante84 09:16 PM 04-28-2022
More to come!

What are the #Chiefs getting in George Karlaftis?

Had an NFC Personnel executive tell me “He reminds me of J.J. Watt, when Watt was coming out. An explosive and versatile playmaker who has a high motor and can line up at 3,5, or 7. Very strong kid” #NFL #NFLDraft pic.twitter.com/5qM3g6OrMr

— Matt Lombardo (@MattLombardoNFL) April 29, 2022

George Karlaftis was drafted with pick 30 of round 1 in the 2022 draft class. He scored a 9.23 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 116 out of 1503 DE from 1987 to 2022. https://t.co/iXXBvnoFJc #RAS #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/eZ9XjNRDUB

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2022

“I was sitting there the whole night hoping we’d be able to get you.”

Karlaftis gets the call �� pic.twitter.com/DRGBDekvnl

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2022

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:18 PM 12-15-2022
i'd bet anyone right now he gets at least 4 sacks in our last 4 games
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:35 PM 12-15-2022
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
It's amazing that there is such an argument here. I guess that some here are wanting prime Neil Smith and DT. Fact is, this team has vastly improved the pass rush over last year. They just got 6 sacks in the Donks game and are 4th in the league in sacks and already have more sacks than all last season. There were basically 2 change made on the line since last season. Signing Dunlap and drafting Karlaftis. His pressures have been a part of that improvement. I, for one, am glad to have him.

The Chiefs have been gouged by top tier QBs because of the inability to get them. Pressures "the new hidden TDs" are great till QBs like Burrow or Allen buttfucks the Defense with a great pass or run on 3rd or 4th down.

Finish the goddamn play, when you have the chance especially when the secondary is having issues with the elite WRs. Noticed how suddenly Karlaftis sacks spiked since McDuffie returned, the real praise should be Trent's shutdown CB play.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:40 PM 12-15-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
The Chiefs have been gouged by top tier QBs because of the inability to get them. Pressures "the new hidden TDs" are great till QBs like Burrow or Allen butt****s the Defense with a great pass or run on 3rd or 4th down.

Finish the goddamn play, when you have the chance especially when the secondary is having issues with the elite WRs. Noticed how suddenly Karlaftis sacks spiked since McDuffie returned, the real praise should be Trent's shutdown CB play.
He’s a 21 year old rookie who has played football for like 4 years. He was the 30th pick in the draft. Did you expect we were getting DT or Von Miller?

He’s been really good for his draft status.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:44 PM 12-15-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
He’s a 21 year old rookie who has played football for like 4 years. He was the 30th pick in the draft. Did you expect we were getting DT or Von Miller?

He’s been really good for his draft status.

Sam Williams was available who's fast enough to close
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:03 AM 12-16-2022
Are you saying Karlaftis has a lot of pressures but not many sacks because he's not fast enough?
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:04 AM 12-16-2022
**** Sam Williams

He'll never be a Chief. So fuck him.
[Reply]
JPH83 02:25 AM 12-16-2022
The Chiefs have been gouged by top tier QBs because of the inability to get them. Pressures "the new hidden TDs" are great till QBs like Burrow or Allen butt****s the Defense with a great pass or run on 3rd or 4th down.

McDuffie has definitely been much more impactful than Karlaftis. But he was picked a fair bit higher. At 21 I'd hope it's a guy who comes in and immediately improves the team. At 30 I'm probably expecting a bit less.

I've said before I think he's had a few games where it looked like it was coming together, but against Denver it was less obvious. IMO he hasn't made much of an impact and if people scrolled back to his drafting I reckon they'd have been predicting more in his first year.

There's obviously some physical limitations, we all knew he wouldn't be the quickest or bendiest, but that's why he wasn't a top 10 pick. I don't think we'll get much from him this year, but I do expect a decent improvement next. If he's playing like this next year then yeah, we can start being concerned.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:22 AM 12-16-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Are you saying Karlaftis has a lot of pressures but not many sacks because he's not fast enough?
On the field yes, a step too late or too slow to make the tackle

He should have better production considering Chris Jones is getting double and triple teamed.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:01 AM 12-16-2022
On the field yes, a step too late or too slow to make the tackle

He should have better production considering Chris Jones is getting double and triple teamed.
There's a difference between being a step too late and being too slow to play the position. Are you talking about the former or the latter?
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 08:22 AM 12-16-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
For those that want to see his pff advanced metrics…his grades drop because he misses a lot of tackles and is still learning. You can see pockets of marked improvement mixed in and the production to match. Just needs to finish better from here on out.
Thanks for posting that.

His tackling hasn't stood out to me as being that bad. Maybe I'm missing it.
[Reply]
O.city 08:48 AM 12-16-2022
He'll look alot better next year with Rashan Gary on the other side and Chris JOnes in the middle.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:54 AM 12-16-2022
Sam Williams was my favorite player in the entire draft but I’ve been more than happy with Karlaftis. He’s been the best rookie pass rusher not named Aidan Hutchinson this season.

They are both going to be really good
[Reply]
chiefforlife 09:40 AM 12-16-2022
Karlaftis is ranked 17 out of ALL Rookies...

Kayvon Thibodeux is 18, no Sam Williams on the list. Travon Walker is 14.

17 - George Karlaftis

DRAFTED: Round 1, No. 30 overall

Karlaftis is getting better every week. He has flashed polish with his hand moves and the effort is excellent.

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-rookie-...top-spots-lion
[Reply]
staylor26 09:45 AM 12-16-2022
"Mid round level production"
[Reply]
chiefforlife 10:00 AM 12-16-2022
This is NOT the guy to be bitching about.

Celebrate FGK!

He is getting better every game! Listen to Cullen, I think the guy knows more than any of us about D line.
[Reply]
Page 138 of 185
« First < 3888128134135136137138 139140141142148 > Last »
Up