too soon?
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 04:17 PM 01-17-2019
Originally Posted by notorious:
Nice post Grogs.
You're just saying that because Grogan went to Kstate
[Reply]
bsroyals54 04:19 PM 01-17-2019
Be ready for questionable flags after a Brady sack or ignored holding by Patriots offensive linemen. The Refs will decide this one folks, bank on it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:21 PM 01-17-2019
Originally Posted by bsroyals54:
Be ready for questionable flags after a Brady sack or ignored holding by Patriots offensive linemen. The Refs will decide this one folks, bank on it.
Shut up. Seriously.

The head judge for this game was the guy that started Deflategate. The Patriot fans are LIVID that he's doing the game.

This game will be decided on the field. Whining about refs is for losers.
[Reply]
Marcellus 04:21 PM 01-17-2019
I don't know if you Pats fans are aware but Melissa Etheridge is singing the Anthem so you have ZERO chance at winning this game.
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:22 PM 01-17-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Shut up. Seriously.

The head judge for this game was the guy that started Deflategate. The Patriot fans are LIVID that he's doing the game.

And, so far, it seems like the refs are allowing the teams to just play football.

I expect to hear the Pats fans complaining after this game that they got screwed by the refs.
[Reply]
CrossCheck 04:22 PM 01-17-2019
First match-up

0 penalties on Patriots (season low)
0 punts by Patriots (season low)

and they won by a field goal as time ran out - at home

KC is healthier now, much improved in the secondary, at home with the league MVP (FYI-two games this year Mahomes did not throw a TD they scored 30 and 31 points)

Chiefs by double digits
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:22 PM 01-17-2019
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Patriots had 10 days to prepare for KC in Oct...and it was Mahomes first prime time NFL game.

Belichick threw the kitchen sink at him...I'd be really surprised if there is a lot of "unscouted" looks. BB will have some wrinkles but wont be reinventing the wheel...

I think it's very advantageous for the Chiefs...to have seen them already this year in a big time national game. The fact it's at home vs. Foxborough is a huge difference...

Chiefs will be starting Berry...which is huge. Shaw gave up that long completion to Gronk...and he's no longer on the team.
Yep.
[Reply]
bsroyals54 04:23 PM 01-17-2019
Shut up. Seriously.

So you're saying refs have no say in the outcome of a football game? Interesting take, whats your opinion on the ridiculous forward progress call on Derrick Johnsons sack (forced fumble) on Mariota? That was a normal referee call?
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:23 PM 01-17-2019
Originally Posted by The Pest:
And, so far, it seems like the refs are allowing the teams to just play football.

I expect to hear the Pats fans complaining after this game that they got screwed by the refs.
There were several no-calls in all 4 games last weekend that would have been penalties in the regular season, especially DPI and defensive holding. They're absolutely letting them play.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:25 PM 01-17-2019
So you're saying refs have no say in the outcome of a football game? Interesting take, whats your opinion on the ridiculous forward progress call on Derrick Johnsons sack (forced fumble) on Mariota? That was a normal referee call?
It's not about whether I think refs have an effect on any given game.

It's about proactively whining about bad calls before they've even happened.

If you wanna whine about refs AFTER the game, be my guest. Most fans only do that after a loss. :-)
[Reply]
FlaChief58 04:25 PM 01-17-2019
Gladys Knight is singing the national anthem at the Superbowl.

Midnight train to Georgia is one of my all-time favorite songs.

The Chiefs are going to the Superbowl AND are going to win it!
[Reply]
bsroyals54 04:25 PM 01-17-2019
It's not about whether I think refs have an effect on any given game.

It's about proactively whining about bad calls before they've even happened.

If you wanna whine about refs AFTER the game, be my guest. Most fans only do that after a loss. :-)
Fair enough, call me jaded :-)
[Reply]
Marcellus 04:26 PM 01-17-2019
There were several no-calls in all 4 games last weekend that would have been penalties in the regular season, especially DPI and defensive holding. They're absolutely letting them play.
I was absolutely floored that we didn't get PF call on Bailey hitting Luck on the sideline or Houston hitting him when he was basically out of bounds.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:30 PM 01-17-2019
I actually think we'll get the favorable calls with home cooking this time around.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:30 PM 01-17-2019
Fair enough, call me jaded :-)
Dude, I'm about as jaded as it gets. After a year of Alex Smith, I stopped watching football and signed out of CP for like almost four years.

It's the AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME! Get on board!
[Reply]
Page 137 of 142
« First < 3787127133134135136137 138139140141 > Last »
Up