ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 137 of 173
« First < 3787127133134135136137 138139140141147 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Motorcycle Discussion Thread
Dayze 11:41 AM 06-07-2013
I figure there are some motorcycle guys/gals on CP, so I thought we could have a place to talk all things Motorcycles.

Tire Mount and Balance Prices (as of 10/29/16)

Prices based on if you remove the wheels yourself and bring the wheels and new tires with you:

Cycle Gear - $35 per wheel if you buy tires from them. $58 per wheel if you buy tires elsewhere
Rawhide - $65 per wheel (assuming it would be the same at other HD dealers. they book it at 1/2 hr per wheel)
C R Cycle Tires (DeSoto) - $30 per wheel

Cheapest I've found my Michelin Commander II's. Seem like they have good prices on other brands too.
http://www.jakewilson.com - Free 3 day shipping on orders over $75
[Reply]
seaofred 07:45 AM 10-07-2016
A lot of insurance companies will give you a discount too. When you sign up, you just have to show them the card for passing the course. When I took the course, it counted as the riding portion of getting my motorcycle license.
[Reply]
Dayze 01:01 PM 10-16-2016
awesome day to ride. got out for a brunch down in the West Bottoms then buzzed around to SW Blvd.

[Reply]
Dayze 12:45 PM 10-29-2016
My tires are done 'fer.
So I've been scouting prices. Looks like the best way to go is ordering them online and taking the wheels off to have everything mounted and balanced.

Prices based on if you remove the wheels yourself and bring the wheels and new tires with you:

Cycle Gear - $35 per wheel if you buy tires from them. $58 per wheel if you buy tires elsewhere
Rawhide - $65 per wheel (assuming it would be the same at other HD dealers. they book it at 1/2 hr per wheel)
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 01:20 PM 10-29-2016
Originally Posted by Dayze:
My tires are done 'fer.
So I've been scouting prices. Looks like the best way to go is ordering them online and taking the wheels off to have everything mounted and balanced.

What tires are you looking at getting
[Reply]
TrebMaxx 01:21 PM 10-29-2016
You need to find you a small shop, 1-2 man operation. I use a guy for my maintenance that the price for the tires were $10 more a tire than the best free shipping website. He then charged me $30 dollars for mount and balance. I don't mind turning wrenches but my effort was getting to ride there and back and this local small shop dude made 70 bucks for a little over a hours work.
[Reply]
TrebMaxx 01:22 PM 10-29-2016
I just put on the Dunlop Elite 4 and love them.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 01:23 PM 10-29-2016
Originally Posted by TrebMaxx:
I just put on the Dunlop Elite 4 and love them.
I have good things about them ..I have been running the Michelin Commander 2 and like them..they are lasting forever
[Reply]
Dayze 07:20 PM 10-29-2016
I'm just finished my second set of Michelin Commander II s. Will be buying another set tomorrow morning.

Very pleased with them. Really good longevity but still have excellent grip. I almost always lean more towards grip than longevity. I mean they're not going to set mileage records for what you can get out of them or anything, but they wear really well considering their grip.

Though, anything is an upgrade over the Bridgestone stockers HD puts on.
Not a fan of bridgestones at all. Even had theM on my CBR600rr, and they sucked ass.

Probably for me
Michelin
Dunlop
Pirelli
Conti and /Avon

Bridegstone
[Reply]
Camaro 08:18 PM 10-29-2016
same boat, I need a new set for my bike. I think i'm gonna do the dunlop american elites then probably just buying a harbor freight tire changer or something like that.. f paying 50 bucks a tire to get mounted and balanced.
[Reply]
stevieray 08:25 PM 10-29-2016
gotta share...was cruising up 435..and bike goes dead...blew my main fuse.

Straight up within a few minutes guys pulls up behind me..apparently saw me...went to next exit turned around went back to next exit anrolled up behind me...

"Ain't leaving you stranded, brother."...dialed his phone next thing I know within ten minutes of being broke down...his buddy shows up with a trailer, and took my bike to a friends house nearby...so I could trailer back home the next day.

Bikers in KC...

:-)
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 08:51 PM 10-29-2016
Originally Posted by stevieray:
gotta share...was cruising up 435..and bike goes dead...blew my main fuse.

Straight up within a few minutes guys pulls up behind me..apparently saw me...went to next exit turned around went back to next exit anrolled up behind me...

"Ain't leaving you stranded, brother."...dialed his phone next thing I know within ten minutes of being broke down...his buddy shows up with a trailer, and took my bike to a friends house nearby...so I could trailer back home the next day.

Bikers in KC...

:-)
That's awesome..bikers are some of the best people in the world..glad you weren't stranded man..hope the bike gets up and running soon
[Reply]
Dayze 08:54 PM 10-29-2016
Nice. That's How I roll. Passed a guy last weekend on Turner diagnal on a sporty who ran out of gas. Told him to sit tight, and I rolled to the gas station. I carry a liter fuel bottle (from when I had a little 2gal sporty tank and ran out of gas twice lol) . Came back, gave him the gas, and he was on his way. He was relieved. I asked if he had anyone to call and he said no. Wife was at work and all his buddies were working too.

I'll never let a biker go if their broke down. At a minimum check to see if they need to use a phone or if they need any help etc before going on my way.
[Reply]
stevieray 09:22 PM 10-29-2016
Exactly guys... I'll definitely pay it forward.

I was blown away, just so cool.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 08:20 AM 10-30-2016
Yaaaah.... I broke down on Highway 69 at 95th in JoCo summer before last. Called the dealership (this was less than an hour after getting it back from Rawhide having done some wiring work).... I was waiting for them to send out a tow and pick it up to take back to dealership. Ended up waiting about an hour and half sitting on side of road. Not one person stopped to say hi. JoCo certainly does NOT fall into that category of Kansas City Bikers being awesome. In the stuck-up bastards' defenses - I'm not the most friendly looking of guys.
[Reply]
Dayze 09:56 AM 10-30-2016
damn, that sucks. yeah, it's hit and miss for sure. Me personally, I always stop. same with all my buddies I typically ride with.

it's a horrible feeling when your scooter stops running out of the blue.
[Reply]
Page 137 of 173
« First < 3787127133134135136137 138139140141147 > Last »
Up