ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 137 of 297
« First < 3787127133134135136137 138139140141147187237 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***The Official EMAW Repository thread***
Saulbadguy 11:54 AM 11-15-2009
I know there are enough of us to participate in this thread, even when our seasons inevitably go to shit.

KSU vs Western Illinois today, tip-off at 3:00 pm.

One thing I noticed near the end of the game on Friday night - we had 5 true freshman on the court, and still played sound basketball. None of them were scrub walk-ons either. While I don't think we will make a serious run at anything this year, the foundation is being laid for a solid program in the future.
[Reply]
DeezNutz 07:40 PM 02-20-2010
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
Unbelievable. It's incredible that the administration didn't want to even be competitive for 20 years.
You still follow the Royals, right?

Incredible? Or par?
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 09:30 PM 02-20-2010
After 5 straight on the road I believe this thread needs:

"Warm Up The Tractor"
Where you going, when you get the tractor warmed up?
[Reply]
Dante84 09:33 PM 02-20-2010
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
Where you going, when you get the tractor warmed up?
Indianapolis
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 09:41 PM 02-20-2010
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Indianapolis
I dont even know how to respond to that.... :-)
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 09:49 PM 02-20-2010
HE CAN'T EVER COACH IN FLA HS's EVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!1
Is that true or not? I thought I remember hearing that he did some really stupid shit in the FL High schools...

BTW, let me know the next time you cant get the game, Usually the slingbox is open... Today SureOz used it to watch the MU game... I have no problem letting you fans use it if you cant get the game... I can only support one at a time, but the video/sound quality is normally perfect.

Even though I would rather poke holes in your tractor tires, I hate the feeling when I miss a KU game and hate to have others suffer as well....
[Reply]
Chiefs_Mike_Topeka 09:50 PM 02-20-2010
Originally Posted by kstater:
I haven't gotten a response yet in any of the chats. I've posted this in every ESPN columnist chat for the last week or so:

Could you pass along a message to Bobby Knight. Tell him KSU fans weren't in the wrong to chant overrated at the Texas game. They were smart, scary smart.

Ron Prince was at that game?

:-)
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 09:51 PM 02-20-2010
Originally Posted by Chiefs_Mike_Topeka:

[Reply]
kstater 09:52 PM 02-20-2010
Originally Posted by Chiefs_Mike_Topeka:

That wasn't by accident.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 01:06 AM 02-21-2010
Big Monday is KU/OU?

I'll get it started for them:

[Voice of teen/emo angst] Is the Big East foul fest over yet? [/Voice of teen/emo angst]
IF you ever become worthy enough to hold the Big Monday slot as often as Kansas does. You will feel our frustration....

Until then :-)

[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 09:18 AM 02-21-2010
Is that true or not? I thought I remember hearing that he did some really stupid shit in the FL High schools...

BTW, let me know the next time you cant get the game, Usually the slingbox is open... Today SureOz used it to watch the MU game... I have no problem letting you fans use it if you cant get the game... I can only support one at a time, but the video/sound quality is normally perfect.

Even though I would rather poke holes in your tractor tires, I hate the feeling when I miss a KU game and hate to have others suffer as well....
Thanks for the offer RR. That's a very nice offer.

As for Frank, he recruited kids outside of his district to play as near as I can tell. What I've always found unsettling about the entire situation is that right here, in this area, high schools (especially private schools) do it all the time.

Only instead of being slimey or underhanded they operate under the guise of "giving a kid a chance" at a better education or something like that. I mean what kind of chance to go to college would a kid get if he were left in the KCMO school district?
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 09:19 AM 02-21-2010
IF you ever become worthy enough to hold the Big Monday slot as often as Kansas does. You will feel our frustration....

Until then :-)

A++++++++++ response.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 11:10 AM 02-21-2010
A++++++++++ response.
10 +'s? I couldn't get the and one for creativity on that one?

[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 11:11 AM 02-21-2010
10 +'s? I couldn't get the and one for creativity on that one?

I get everybody's best shot. It comes with the screen name on the front of the jersey.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 11:14 AM 02-21-2010
Thanks for the offer RR. That's a very nice offer.

As for Frank, he recruited kids outside of his district to play as near as I can tell. What I've always found unsettling about the entire situation is that right here, in this area, high schools (especially private schools) do it all the time.

Only instead of being slimey or underhanded they operate under the guise of "giving a kid a chance" at a better education or something like that. I mean what kind of chance to go to college would a kid get if he were left in the KCMO school district?
Well I dont know much about the KCMO school districts, but down here its the same thing...

Jenks and Union both national high school football powerhouses in the country, Jenks just got busted for the same thing. Illegal recruiting and so forth..

My kids go to a private christian school here in OKC... We know everyone very well and the AD is very very against recruiting to get ahead in sports...
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 11:19 AM 02-21-2010
Well I dont know much about the KCMO school districts, but down here its the same thing...

Jenks and Union both national high school football powerhouses in the country, Jenks just got busted for the same thing. Illegal recruiting and so forth..

My kids go to a private christian school here in OKC... We know everyone very well and the AD is very very against recruiting to get ahead in sports...
Jenks especially. Rockhurst does it here. I suspect the Blue Valley and Blue Springs district do it also. I don't really have a problem with it. Although it's not really what schools are tasked with.
[Reply]
Page 137 of 297
« First < 3787127133134135136137 138139140141147187237 > Last »
Up