« First < 3686126132133134135136 137138139140146186236 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Skyy Moore Thread*****
Dante84 06:44 PM 04-29-2022
More to come!

Skyy Moore: 91.8 PFF Grade last season

�� 1st among all WRs in College Football

Patrick Mahomes has a new weapon �� pic.twitter.com/wtqsxNh0LR

— PFF Fantasy Football (@PFF_Fantasy) April 30, 2022

Patrick Mahomes is going to have a lot of fun throwing to Skyy Moore. Wins right off the line with great hands. Lots of smiles in Kansas City.

— Daniel Jeremiah (@MoveTheSticks) April 30, 2022

New Chiefs (!!) WR Skyy Moore in #ReceptionPerception:

- Ranked 2nd among charted prospects in success rate vs. man (75%) and press coverage (75.7%)
- Led all prospects in success rate vs. zone coverage (88.1%)
- He can play inside and outsidehttps://t.co/HbifB61JlJ pic.twitter.com/HYsV8rlAzF

— Matt Harmon (@MattHarmon_BYB) April 30, 2022

With the 54th Pick in the 2022 NFL Draft the @chiefs Select @skyymoore24 ��⚪️ @NFLDraft @NFL @nflnetwork @WMU_Football @espn @SportsCenter @210ths pic.twitter.com/WOPtw9M5FP

— Prospect Media (@prospectmedia_) April 30, 2022

[Reply]
RunKC 11:32 AM 11-17-2022
BossChief is the eternal optimist on this board. He says that about everyone :-)

Staylor compared him to Diontae Johnson which seems pretty appropriate to me. I thought he could be our version of Hunter Renfrow.

Neither of those guys are #1 WR’s and were never expected to be
[Reply]
CoMoChief 11:42 AM 11-17-2022
Moore has probably been the biggest disappointment thus far outside of the Chiefs running game problems.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:43 AM 11-17-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
BossChief is the eternal optimist on this board. He says that about everyone :-)

Staylor compared him to Diontae Johnson which seems pretty appropriate to me. I thought he could be our version of Hunter Renfrow.

Neither of those guys are #1 WR’s and were never expected to be
Diontae Johnson - 3rd round
Hunter Renfrow - 5th round

Again - I don't hate the guy. I just think we overdrafted him. I think Sam Williams is who we should've drafted and then if Moore had fallen to the pick we used on Cook I'd have been less frustrated had we taken him there (though I still think it's too high) and if he'd have fallen to the 3rd I'd have been pretty content.

I don't know how many ways I can say "not a 2nd round prospect" only to have y'all agree with me by disagreeing we can pull off here.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 11:44 AM 11-17-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Who said he was Wes Welker? :-)
Maybe you don't understand the origins of this debate then.

Instead of sitting there trying to shit on guys like me and DJ like we're just these unreasonable Skyy Moore haters.

Half of ya'll are completely making up shit about our arguments instead of just paying attention to what we're actually saying.

Instead of listening, ya'll go on to full on defense mode and dramatize our position in the complete opposite direction. Instead of understanding what we're saying, some of ya'll take it to the extreme and claim that's our position.

At this point it isn't even about the player or the person that is Skyy Moore.

It's about the blatant CP homerism and outright denial in the face of evidence. It's a never ending list of excuses and ever increasing lowered expectations.

My position has not changed.

1. No, i never liked him coming out of college as a 2nd round pick. Nothing in his "tape" jumped out to me. He didn't demonstrate truly elite traits you could hang your hat on IMO. I made this known well before the draft. It was never anything personal with Moore, i just value other traits and thought the Chiefs could use a real perimeter WR that could accentuate Mahomes, not require Mahomes to be magical to make him work.

2. Upon drafting him, it was well known i didn't prefer him over the guys we passed up on, but still supported him as i think it's a fool's errand to bet against Reid and Mahomes. I said i expect him to still produce at some level because honestly, Reid and Mahomes can make an offense go with 22 guys off the street.

3. I scoffed at the idea that Reid won't play rookies when THAT was the excuse.

4. I scoffed at the idea that Reid's offense is simply too hard for rookie WR's and espoused that if he were talented enough, Reid would get him the ball much like he does with all of his offensive toys.

Then when the guy can't get on the field and 7th round rookies can, and then when Reid gets a guy onto the field and feeds him and he hasn't even been on the roster for a week or two....and when other players drafted around him are producing in a manner that matches their college "tape"....we still get talked down to like we're just a bunch of haters who have no idea what they're talking about and just hate Skyy Moore.

Dudes.....GMAFB
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:46 AM 11-17-2022
And to the inevitable "you wouldn't give up a 2nd round pick for Johnson or Renfrow!?!" argument (that we've already had), again, as noted, if a guy comes out and blows up, who cares about 'overdrafting'? At that point it's all null.

But you don't put the odds in your favor doing it the way we did. And that was the purpose of the real time disagreement over the pick - to point out that this ISN'T the kind of bet that should be made, not when a guy with blue chip talent like Williams was there to be had.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 11:50 AM 11-17-2022
Moore very well could go off this weekend.

I DO think he's a smooth athlete. I do think he has good hands. I think he has good enough speed.

I'm not "Out" on Moore. I'm not calling him a bust.

I'm saying he's not the guy CP tried to convince me he is and early returns aren't working in your favor and your excuses suck.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:55 AM 11-17-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Moore very well could go off this weekend.

I DO think he's a smooth athlete. I do think he has good hands. I think he has good enough speed.

I'm not "Out" on Moore. I'm not calling him a bust.

I'm saying he's not the guy CP tried to convince me he is and early returns aren't working in your favor and your excuses suck.
I think he needs to play through the whistle and pull his head from his ass. I'm still puzzled as to how he blew a dig route. I just don't get that one at all.

And perhaps Andy can make things easy for him and he can put some numbers up. But hell, Andy could do that for Watson as well.

I just don't see anything that tells me NOW is the time the he's suddenly going to be a guy who's manufacturing yards in the way you would hope for from a 2nd round pick. If he's just a Justin Watson sort of 'take what's available' receiver - what was the point?

I can't see him being orders of magnitude different than he was 2-3 weeks ago. I guess we'll find out - seems like he's gonna be one of the few guys we have available and somebody's gonna have to be making plays out there...
[Reply]
raybec 4 11:58 AM 11-17-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I think he needs to play through the whistle and pull his head from his ass. I'm still puzzled as to how he blew a dig route. I just don't get that one at all.

And perhaps Andy can make things easy for him and he can put some numbers up. But hell, Andy could do that for Watson as well.

I just don't see anything that tells me NOW is the time the he's suddenly going to be a guy who's manufacturing yards in the way you would hope for from a 2nd round pick. If he's just a Justin Watson sort of 'take what's available' receiver - what was the point?

I can't see him being orders of magnitude different than he was 2-3 weeks ago. I guess we'll find out - seems like he's gonna be one of the few guys we have available and somebody's gonna have to be making plays out there...
This could be a big weekend for Marcus Kemp
[Reply]
ChiTown 11:59 AM 11-17-2022
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
Really?
[Reply]
raybec 4 12:01 PM 11-17-2022
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
Really?
It's a joke, but I do expect him to be active if Lammons can't go.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 12:05 PM 11-17-2022

Right. SOMEBODY will have to make some plays out there and Moore is as good of a candidate as any.

Whether he's ready or not, the Chiefs will have to dial up plays to get more involved assuming two of our top 3 WR's aren't available.

And you hit there, "Manufacture plays on your own". And that's why i was hell bent on Pickens etc instead of Moore: The ability to create a play when there isn't one, not just be the beneficiary of an excellent system, coach and QB. The ability to bail your QB out, is what i'm looking for.

I have NO doubt that Moore can become a guy who benefits from the system, coach and Qb and be able to produce when his number is drawn and Mahomes puts a dot on his ass.

But goddamnit dudes, Albert fucking Wilson could do that. Byron Pringle could do that.

Something Reid said the other day regarding Toney really stood out to me. He said, "The QB trusts him".

Mahomes trusts Kelce. He trusts JuJu. He's gaining some trust in MVS. He's never really trusted Hardman and he hasn't trusted Moore.

But for some reason...he trusts Toney. And we saw that trust when he threw one up to him in double coverage.

So there's clearly something going on there that's preventing Mahomes from trusting Moore.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:05 PM 11-17-2022
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
"He's been in this system for 5 years!!!"

I mean that one just writes itself.
[Reply]
Dante84 12:10 PM 11-17-2022
I know it was a miniscule sample size, but didn't he flash at some point in week 1/2/3 in the WR role?

I feel like he had a hard as hell hand snag in traffic, and another good play with some YAC.

I'm not out on him at all just yet. I think he'll be a fine addition later this year and will probably make a big step next season.

I remember he had a youtube video talking about how crazy the level of detail is with Mahomes about hand placement mid route and through the catch process.

Its gotta be like going from a high school algebra 1 class to a calculous class at Harvard.
[Reply]
raybec 4 12:12 PM 11-17-2022
"He's been in this system for 5 years!!!"

I mean that one just writes itself.
I keep lobbing them up there, you keep knocking them out.
[Reply]
O.city 12:15 PM 11-17-2022
Originally Posted by Dante84:
I know it was a miniscule sample size, but didn't he flash at some point in week 1/2/3 in the WR role?

I feel like he had a hard as hell hand snag in traffic, and another good play with some YAC.

I'm not out on him at all just yet. I think he'll be a fine addition later this year and will probably make a big step next season.

I remember he had a youtube video talking about how crazy the level of detail is with Mahomes about hand placement mid route and through the catch process.

Its gotta be like going from a high school algebra 1 class to a calculous class at Harvard.
Then stop drafting guys in the 2nd round that need that much time to produce or develop.
[Reply]
Page 136 of 280
« First < 3686126132133134135136 137138139140146186236 > Last »
Up