ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 136 of 185
« First < 3686126132133134135136 137138139140146 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The George Karlaftis Thread*****
Dante84 09:16 PM 04-28-2022
More to come!

What are the #Chiefs getting in George Karlaftis?

Had an NFC Personnel executive tell me “He reminds me of J.J. Watt, when Watt was coming out. An explosive and versatile playmaker who has a high motor and can line up at 3,5, or 7. Very strong kid” #NFL #NFLDraft pic.twitter.com/5qM3g6OrMr

— Matt Lombardo (@MattLombardoNFL) April 29, 2022

George Karlaftis was drafted with pick 30 of round 1 in the 2022 draft class. He scored a 9.23 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 116 out of 1503 DE from 1987 to 2022. https://t.co/iXXBvnoFJc #RAS #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/eZ9XjNRDUB

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2022

“I was sitting there the whole night hoping we’d be able to get you.”

Karlaftis gets the call �� pic.twitter.com/DRGBDekvnl

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2022

[Reply]
Halfcan 10:10 PM 12-14-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
If he reached that mark of production it would be a justified 1st round pick and continues that. Especially if Sam Williams produces at the same level, but if Karlaftis stays as is and is just a try hard then it would be disappointing.
George has more sacks than Sam, more QB pressures and more passes defended.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id...2/sam-williams

George has sacks in 3 straight game-Sam has not had one in 4 games.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:20 PM 12-14-2022
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
George has more sacks than Sam, more QB pressures and more passes defended.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id...2/sam-williams

George has sacks in 3 straight game-Sam has not had one in 4 games.

Sam, has played less snaps and had more production with said opportunities.
[Reply]
Urc Burry 10:35 PM 12-14-2022
I mean… you have to see how dumb you sound right?

Sam Williams is a good pass rusher. But he’s in the Aldon Smith mold. There’s a reason he doesn’t get more snaps. And it’s convenient you’re using him as well. And not the other 5 pass rushers chosen between the two.

While we’re at it. Joshua Williams sucks because Tariq Woolen is better and selected later.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:08 PM 12-14-2022
Why do you guys even respond to Tribal when he’s talking about Tamba Karlaftis?
[Reply]
oldman 11:36 PM 12-14-2022
I suggest we merge this type of comment with the Watson gets more snaps than Skyy Moore thread(s).

The kid isn't a JAG, he's just now figuring the NFL out. Will he be a Tamba or DT when it comes to sacks? Probably not, but I'll take those pressures and batted balls as a sign Veach made the right call.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:54 PM 12-14-2022
Originally Posted by oldman:
I suggest we merge this type of comment with the Watson gets more snaps than Skyy Moore thread(s).

The kid isn't a JAG, he's just now figuring the NFL out. Will he be a Tamba or DT when it comes to sacks? Probably not, but I'll take those pressures and batted balls as a sign Veach made the right call.
Everybody thought Tamba hit his ceiling as a 8-9 sack per year guy that gets lots of pressures till they moved to a 3-4. Then all you heard was how he can’t plAy that position. Then he got like 15 sacks.

George is going to be really good as he develops string pass rush moves and learns to use leverage better, like Tamba did.

This DL just needs another consistent edge rusher to flush ABs out of the pocket away from them and CJ95.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:07 AM 12-15-2022
Originally Posted by Urc Burry:
I mean… you have to see how dumb you sound right?

Sam Williams is a good pass rusher. But he’s in the Aldon Smith mold. There’s a reason he doesn’t get more snaps. And it’s convenient you’re using him as well. And not the other 5 pass rushers chosen between the two.
Demarcus Lawrence & Micah Parsons.

I'm using Sam Williams because if you look back that's who I wanted KC to select during the draft process.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 05:26 AM 12-15-2022
How many of those sacks have you personally observed? Were they coverage sacks? Did the OL blow protection?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:22 AM 12-15-2022

I'm using Sam Williams because if you look back that's who I wanted KC to select during the draft process.
And THERE it is. The source of the friction.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 07:44 AM 12-15-2022
Karlaftis is doing fine. He's never going to be that quick twitch edge rusher with great bend. He's going to get his sacks from hard work and hustle. He's batting down passes, he's getting pressure. His sacks aren't glamorous but there were many times last year, especially against Burrow, when we needed those cleanup sacks and couldn't get them.

I haven't really seen any run game breakdown on him. I'm wondering if that is what is driving such a low pff grade.

Time will tell how he grades against Williams, Ebiketie, Hall and the other guys taken right after him.
[Reply]
kcclone 07:54 AM 12-15-2022
PFF is a fucking joke. What they say means nothing.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 08:14 AM 12-15-2022
Originally Posted by kcclone:
PFF is a ****ing joke. What they say means nothing.
Except when they are giving good grades to guys like McDuffie or Creed, then it's okay to cite to them.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:47 AM 12-15-2022
Demarcus Lawrence & Micah Parsons.

This right here explains everything including your dislike of Karlaftis.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:48 AM 12-15-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
And THERE it is. The source of the friction.
Beat me to it. But agree with you.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:49 AM 12-15-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
This right here explains everything including your dislike of Karlaftis.
He admitted to this much earlier in the thread.

Dude thinks he just has to be right , he is being proven wrong in front of the whole world, and is doubling down on stupid at a level that's pretty impressive even for CP.
[Reply]
Page 136 of 185
« First < 3686126132133134135136 137138139140146 > Last »
Up