View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 136 of 343
« First < 3686126132133134135136 137138139140146186236 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 11:36 AM 07-25-2022
Playing money games with Veach is how you end up getting shipped to teams like MIA. Thuney is going to steal his job. If he can block Aaron Donald one-on-one in the Super Bowl then he can block anybody.

Thanks for being a money hungry loser like Tyreek, Orlando. Enjoy failure.
[Reply]
jettio 11:46 AM 07-25-2022
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
Playing money games with Veach is how you end up getting shipped to teams like MIA. Thuney is going to steal his job. If he can block Aaron Donald one-on-one in the Super Bowl then he can block anybody.

Is that the Joe Thuney that got $46.8 million guaranteed on a 5 year deal that was a straightforward 16 million AAV without any bullshit unrealistic huge number for the last year?

Chiefs are not going to break their deal with Thuney to have him play a position he was not planning on playing.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 11:52 AM 07-25-2022
Originally Posted by kevrunner:
Plus, also with the salary cap to likely see huge increases, I can understand OBJ turning that offer down and betting on himself. Just needs to play this year and next year on the franchise tag and then he’s a free agent. $$$$ has always been his #1 priority, it was with the Ravens and it is with the Chiefs. I just don’t get why he would hold out. I can understand the threat during negotiations but once the deadline expired, there is no benefit for holding out. He’s only risking the likelihood of a major injury the longer he stays out of camp. Hopefully he just misses a couple of days.
If he's betting on himself to have a big year then it would be in his best interest to report to training camp on time because if he holds out/misses all of training camp and preseason games then the likelihood of condition-related injuries/struggles to start the season is high.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 11:58 AM 07-25-2022
Originally Posted by jettio:
Is that the Joe Thuney that got $46.8 million guaranteed on a 5 year deal that was a straightforward 16 million AAV without any bullshit unrealistic huge number for the last year?

Chiefs are not going to break their deal with Thuney to have him play a position he was not planning on playing.
Actually they signed him knowing he could play every position. Thuney said it himself.
[Reply]
Warrick 12:17 PM 07-25-2022
Chiefs add to the offensive line by signing a new tackle Evin Ksiezarczyk*
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:22 PM 07-25-2022
It's been widely reported that the guaranteed money was in line with what he'd make being franchised twice. Idk why anyone would expect him to sign that deal. It doesn't make any sense for him to sign it.
[Reply]
O.city 12:24 PM 07-25-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
It's been widely reported that the guaranteed money was in line with what he'd make being franchised twice. Idk why anyone would expect him to sign that deal. It doesn't make any sense for him to sign it.
Why would it make sense for the Chiefs to pay more than that?
[Reply]
TwistedChief 12:36 PM 07-25-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Why would it make sense for the Chiefs to pay more than that?
Because they want to lock up a player like Brown as it helps continuity? Because it creates more potential for cap flexibility (i.e., there’s no deferring the cost of the franchise tag)? Because you can only use the franchise tag on one player each offseason?
[Reply]
O.city 12:37 PM 07-25-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Because they want to lock up a player like Brown as it helps continuity? Because it creates more potential for cap flexibility (i.e., there’s no deferring the cost of the franchise tag)? Because you can only use the franchise tag on one player each offseason?
The amount the tags would be is the number you'd start at in terms of guaranteed money.

I get what you're saying here, but from that standpoint, there's no reason for the Chiefs to want to pay more than that.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 12:57 PM 07-25-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
The amount the tags would be is the number you'd start at in terms of guaranteed money.

I get what you're saying here, but from that standpoint, there's no reason for the Chiefs to want to pay more than that.
Why do you feel this situation is so dramatically different from other players who are franchise tagged?

I think there are plenty of reasons a team - if they value a player and want that player long term - would be willing to pay above the franchise tag. If the Chiefs don't value him, then they offer what they offer - basically a franchise tag equivalent - and he declines it. Doesn't make him greedy - makes him eminently reasonable.
[Reply]
O.city 01:09 PM 07-25-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Why do you feel this situation is so dramatically different from other players who are franchise tagged?

I think there are plenty of reasons a team - if they value a player and want that player long term - would be willing to pay above the franchise tag. If the Chiefs don't value him, then they offer what they offer - basically a franchise tag equivalent - and he declines it. Doesn't make him greedy - makes him eminently reasonable.
I've been pretty firm in my stance that I understand why both sides have played that part the way they have.

I have issue with him doing the whole "agent later" dance, but that's irrelevant now. I think they should have pivoted way sooner, when he was doing that and given either a shit or get off the pot moment.

"Get and agent and lets get this figured out" prior to the draft so if we can't, we can go another direction. Which, maybe he knew that and did it the way he did.

I think they did intend to pay him more, I just find it hard to think of why the negotiations wouldn't start at that number, especially in a situation like this. Yes, ideally, you'd love to avoid the tag all together for all parties involved.

But that's not the world we live in.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 01:51 PM 07-25-2022
It does distract from the last game played
[Reply]
Kman34 01:58 PM 07-25-2022
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:

Thuney isn’t going to play left tackle.. JFC..
[Reply]
TLO 01:58 PM 07-25-2022
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel:
It does distract from the last game played
I adore spontaneity, as long as it’s carefully planned
[Reply]
poolboy 02:22 PM 07-25-2022
Originally Posted by Kman34:
Thuney isn’t going to play left tackle.. JFC..
Why
[Reply]
Page 136 of 343
« First < 3686126132133134135136 137138139140146186236 > Last »
Up