ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1356 of 3903
« First < 35685612561306134613521353135413551356 135713581359136013661406145618562356 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Eleazar 10:37 AM 04-13-2020
NYU scientists: Largest U.S. study of COVID-19 finds obesity the single biggest factor in New York’s hospitalizations

Doctors at NYU Langone Health center conducted the largest study so far of U.S. hospital admissions for COVID-19, focused on New York City. They found obesity, along with age, was the biggest deciding factor in hospital admissions, which may suggest the role of hyper-inflammatory reactions that can happen in those with the disease.

By Tiernan Ray

For months, scientists have been poring over data about cases and deaths to understand why it is that COVID-19 manifests itself in different ways around the world, with certain factors such as the age of the population repeatedly popping up as among the most significant determinants.

Now, one of the largest studies conducted of COVID-19 infection in the United States has found that obesity of patients was the single biggest factor in whether those with COVID-19 had to be admitted to a hospital.

"The chronic condition with the strongest association with critical illness was obesity, with a substantially higher odds ratio than any cardiovascular or pulmonary disease," write lead author Christopher M. Petrilli of the NYU Grossman School and colleagues in a paper, "Factors associated with hospitalization and critical illness among 4,103 patients with Covid-19 disease in New York City," which was posted April 11th on the medRxiv pre-print server.

Spoiler!

https://www.zdnet.com/article/nyu-sc...ritical-cases/
[Reply]
Mecca 10:38 AM 04-13-2020
Well, it's obvious that this thread will be unreadable again today.

Carry on with the pete, donger, bleedingred and Marcellus show.

Did I leave anyone out?
I will bring out the trusty gif army....
[Reply]
Donger 10:38 AM 04-13-2020
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo said "the worst is over" and the state is controlling the spread.

“If you isolate, if you take the precautions, your family won’t get infected. We can control the spread. Feel good about that,” he said at a coronavirus briefing today.

However, Cuomo warned New Yorkers need to "continued to be smart."

“The worst is over. Yeah, if we continue to be smart going forward. Because remember we have the hand on that valve. You turn that valve too fast, you will see that number jump right back," he added.
[Reply]
Marcellus 10:38 AM 04-13-2020

Did I leave anyone out?
Have at it Im done.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 10:39 AM 04-13-2020
It’s pretty pointless to me to try greatly increasing testing unless it’s testing for antibodies. Between false positives, false negatives, and the fact you can get the virus five minutes after the test, there just isn’t much benefit in testing hundreds of thousands per day. However testing for antibodies at that rate would give us a tremendous amount of knowledge that is not nearly as fluid and changing as testing for the virus is. By all means keep testing those who need it, but any efforts for huge rollouts for the general public should focus on antibody testing.

I haven’t seen too much more about the plasma transfusions increasing but given the early success of that working then more information about who has the antibodies would help in opening up that line of treatment on a larger scale as well.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:41 AM 04-13-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo said "the worst is over" and the state is controlling the spread.

“If you isolate, if you take the precautions, your family won’t get infected. We can control the spread. Feel good about that,” he said at a coronavirus briefing today.

“The worst is over. Yeah, if we continue to be smart going forward. Because remember we have the hand on that valve. You turn that valve too fast, you will see that number jump right back," he added.
So were probably what? 3 weeks away from opening studd?
[Reply]
Donger 10:41 AM 04-13-2020

Did I leave anyone out?
Sorry, but BleedingRed chose to pipe up here about something that is actively being discussed in DC (getting rid of Fauci).
[Reply]
petegz28 10:41 AM 04-13-2020

Did anyone bother to tell him yesterday was Sunday?
[Reply]
Donger 10:44 AM 04-13-2020
New York reporting 671 new deaths.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:45 AM 04-13-2020

Who the fuck cares, the guy underestimated it. He is clearly shit at his job no matter which way you look at it.

And my opinion isn't shapped by the DC. So stop bringing it up like a jilted lover.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:46 AM 04-13-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
It’s pretty pointless to me to try greatly increasing testing unless it’s testing for antibodies. Between false positives, false negatives, and the fact you can get the virus five minutes after the test, there just isn’t much benefit in testing hundreds of thousands per day. However testing for antibodies at that rate would give us a tremendous amount of knowledge that is not nearly as fluid and changing as testing for the virus is. By all means keep testing those who need it, but any efforts for huge rollouts for the general public should focus on antibody testing.

I haven’t seen too much more about the plasma transfusions increasing but given the early success of that working then more information about who has the antibodies would help in opening up that line of treatment on a larger scale as well.

If we are going to open up our country anytime soon we have to have rapid testing so we can isolate\quarantine people away from everyone. We are a very long ways from being able to do that unfortunately.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 10:47 AM 04-13-2020
Its the Donger No Spin Zone. :-).
[Reply]
O.city 10:48 AM 04-13-2020
I’m all about antibody testing but it’s gotta be specific and accurate. You fuck up and give people false positives and that’s not ideal
[Reply]
mlyonsd 10:49 AM 04-13-2020
New York reporting 671 new deaths.
That seems down to me? Or is it still a reporting time thing?
[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:50 AM 04-13-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
I’m all about antibody testing but it’s gotta be specific and accurate. You **** up and give people false positives and that’s not ideal
Wonder how many people have really already had it.
[Reply]
Page 1356 of 3903
« First < 35685612561306134613521353135413551356 135713581359136013661406145618562356 > Last »
Up