ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 135 of 139
« First < 3585125131132133134135 136137138139 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs acquire WR Kadarius Toney via Trade
Dante84 10:30 AM 10-27-2022

Breaking: The #Giants are trading WR Kadarius Toney to the #Chiefs, per @Schultz_Report. A conditional 3rd and a 6th rounder go to NYG.

— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) October 27, 2022

[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 05:27 PM 12-16-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
It looked like chemistry wasn't even remotely an issue in Toney's 2nd game. They're still practicing, and I'm pretty sure Toney has a better grasp of the playbook than he did then.
I'm hopeful that you're right, but also heavily rooted in realism. I need to see a couple more games of him doing well before I buy the hype.

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
And if he reinjures himself again in a throwaway game, he won't be available for any time.

Cool your jets.

We're talking about having a healthy guy for the playoffs who casually adjusts his gloves before going up and beasting a db for a sideline reception.

If this dude really is the next Hammy Watkins, then we need to pick our spots.

Houston is not one of those spots.
I'm on your side dude. I don't want him to get injured. But I selfishly want to know those two are on the same page before the playoffs start.
[Reply]
Dark Horse 05:33 PM 12-16-2022
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
I remember as a teenager seeing an ad for a red winged blackbird jitterbug with a bass jumping out of the water to snatch the bird. I wanted one SOOOO Damn bad.

That is all.
Oh yeah the red winged blackbird jitterbug boy does that take me back. I used to love fishing the jitterbug at night and hearing the strike instead of seeing it.
[Reply]
BossChief 06:13 PM 12-16-2022
TBH Toney and Mahomes had immediate chemistry. I’m not worried about that at all. So, I appreciate the lack of film defenses will have to prepare for our offense with him out there more than him playing in a bunch of meaningless games.
[Reply]
TEX 07:22 PM 12-16-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Even if Toney doesn't play until next week, that's still 3 regular season games for him to get back into the swing of things. Plenty of time.
Has the guy ever played 3 regular season games in a row before in the NFL? 4? Serious question.

That is what we're dealing with here. I honestly dont know. But I"d bet anything if he does manage to play the last 3 games, he won't make it through the playoffs without being on the injured list. So there's that also.

Having said that, I would still have done the deal, because Of the potential upside and the fact that hes still on his rookie deal.
[Reply]
-King- 07:48 PM 12-16-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
Has the guy ever played 3 regular season games in a row before in the NFL? 4? Serious question.

That is what we're dealing with here. I honestly dont know. But I"d bet anything if he does manage to play the last 3 games, he won't make it through the playoffs without being on the injured list. So there's that also.

Having said that, I would still have done the deal, because Of the potential upside and the fact that hes still on his rookie deal.
His longest stretch is 5 full games and 6 snaps into the 6th game to start his career. After that he's never finished more than 3 straight games
[Reply]
PutQuinnIn 08:12 PM 12-16-2022
Getting Sammy Watkins vibes. Will be a game time decision come the playoffs.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 09:29 PM 12-16-2022
Let’s see what happens under the Chiefs’ strength and conditioning program during the off-season.
[Reply]
TEX 11:23 PM 12-16-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
His longest stretch is 5 full games and 6 snaps into the 6th game to start his career. After that he's never finished more than 3 straight games
Figured it to be something like that...So, even when "healthy," dont get used to it. Always gonna have to pick and choose his spots to some degree.
[Reply]
CapsLockKey 12:07 AM 12-17-2022
Save him for the playoffs. I saw it as a for the future trade anyway but the fact he showed out right away and clearly could contribute this year was a bonus.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 10:08 AM 12-17-2022
This guy just needs to do more toe touches. And that thing tyreek did where he used his hammys to curl his entire body lol.
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:18 AM 12-17-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:

Lolz. This is just his second season guys. And the NYG kept Kadarius off the field much of this year for reasons other than his hamstrings. Let's not base a whole lot on such a small sample size.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 10:42 AM 12-17-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Lolz. This is just his second season guys. And the NYG kept Kadarius off the field much of this year for reasons other than his hamstrings. Let's not base a whole lot on such a small sample size.
He was hurt quite a lot in college, too. I found this list on one website:

Oct 9, 2017 Non-NFL Shoulder Toney missed a game against Texas A&M due to a shoulder injury.

Nov 4, 2017 Non-NFL Shoulder Toney injured his shoulder and was out of the game against Missouri.

Sep 7, 2019 Non-NFL Shoulder Toney suffered a shoulder injury during Florida's September 7 win over UT-Martin. He missed six games

On the website Gainesville, the top concern over him headed into the NFL was his durability:

Originally Posted by :
Despite his effort in the regular season finale, Toney’s injury history will be monitored after he missed nine total games in 2017 and 2019. The latter injury was never disclosed publicly. He only had one season of high-level production as a result, catching just 10 passes two years ago
Perhaps he was better able to stay on the field in high school? I can't find a ton of information one way or another on that, but he didn't even play receiver in high school (he was a QB).

TLDR: The sample size to call him injury prone is not small, and in fact, the sample size for calling him durable is non-existent.
[Reply]
scho63 10:57 AM 12-17-2022
Toney has out-Watkinsed Sammy Watkins.
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:59 AM 12-17-2022
Originally Posted by Vladimir_Kyrilytch:
He was hurt quite a lot in college, too. I found this list on one website:

Oct 9, 2017 Non-NFL Shoulder Toney missed a game against Texas A&M due to a shoulder injury.

Nov 4, 2017 Non-NFL Shoulder Toney injured his shoulder and was out of the game against Missouri.

Sep 7, 2019 Non-NFL Shoulder Toney suffered a shoulder injury during Florida's September 7 win over UT-Martin. He missed six games

On the website Gainesville, the top concern over him headed into the NFL was his durability:

Perhaps he was better able to stay on the field in high school? I can't find a ton of information one way or another on that, but he didn't even play receiver in high school (he was a QB).

TLDR: The sample size to call him injury prone is not small, and in fact, the sample size for calling him durable is non-existent.
Lol, hilarious that you guys keep conveniently forgetting to admit that he did play an entire season in college. Why is that hard?

Whatever. If it makes you happy to be negative about Toney, knock yourself out. All I'm saying is that we could just give him a chance now that he's here.

He's been out 3 weeks, and according to both Andy and Toney he could've played last week. Keeping him out was precautionary by the Chiefs staff, not because he was hurt.

But if you need to say that Toney can't get healthy, I guess have fun with that.
[Reply]
Chargem 11:42 AM 12-17-2022
Originally Posted by scho63:
Toney has out-Watkinsed Sammy Watkins.
At least the cap cost per game played will be wildly different, even if they have the same level of health
[Reply]
Page 135 of 139
« First < 3585125131132133134135 136137138139 >
Up