ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 135 of 181
« First < 3585125131132133134135 136137138139145 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official 2018-2019 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread *****
saphojunkie 12:37 PM 04-04-2018
Fuck the Final Four. Championship or bust, baby.

Will update as people declare for the draft/transfer/commit

ROSTER:

Spoiler!

BYE BYE

Spoiler!

FULL SCHEDULE:

https://kuathletics.com/documents/20...9_schedule.pdf

Spoiler!

PHILLIPS 66 BIG 12 CHAMPIONSHIP

Spoiler!

NCAA MEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIP:

Spoiler!

More updates to come.

Let's go get Championship number 4 (6)!
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:00 PM 03-05-2019
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Lol.

John Wooden and UCLA say ‘hi’.
14>13

Against far tougher competition.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:03 PM 03-05-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Lawson isn't the problem. He's not made of metal, but he's obviously a good player, and it's obvious he wants it. He works hard on the boards and gives effort on the defensive end. He's just limited athletically.

It occurred to me today, as they were talking on the radio about how his stats jump off the page, and he's a good look for B12POY, if he were on a better team, would he be getting the numbers he is? I'd bet not.

The radio said out of the 14 B12 titles, they've had the POY 5 times. Seems to support the argument. A good player on a lesser team can get more stats than an excellent player on an excellent team? :-)

One more point on Lawson, I absolutely love a developed post game. It is ****ing criminal that they can't teach these prospects any nuanced post game other than "DUNK STUPID!" I mean, an efficient post move against an especially lesser opponent is still a valid approach to ****ing basketball, damn it. A few simple lessons in leverage and footwork and some of these incredible ****ing specimens of basketball royalty could get easy ****ing points. Get off my lawn! /old man basketball rant.
Probably not as well on a better team simply because he wouldn’t get the ball as much but he’s done well under the circumstances.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 11:07 PM 03-05-2019
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
14>13

Against far tougher competition.
:-)

If you honestly think 14 CONFERENCE titles in a row is more impressive than 10 NATTY’s in a 12 year span, then I don’t think there’s really any need for further discussion at this point.

And as far as ‘against tougher competition’ goes, the Big 12 has been notoriously weak during KU’s conference title run. This is backed up by the performance of the Big 12 in the NCAA Tourney over that time span. Only Kansas has been a consistent tournament performer.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:07 PM 03-05-2019
Definitely not. This guy sucked.
Yeah. Just horrible. He started for a Final Four team and one of the Top 2 teams in CBB last year.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:34 PM 03-05-2019
:-)

If you honestly think 14 CONFERENCE titles in a row is more impressive than 10 NATTY’s in a 12 year span, then I don’t think there’s really any need for further discussion at this point.
Considering the competition and what the NCAA tournament/NCAA itself actually was like then, yeah, it's far more impressive than rolling over a bunch of far outclassed schools in 25 team single elimination tournaments. So you're right, I guess there isn't.

Originally Posted by :
And as far as ‘against tougher competition’ goes, the Big 12 has been notoriously weak during KU’s conference title run. This is backed up by the performance of the Big 12 in the NCAA Tourney over that time span. Only Kansas has been a consistent tournament performer.
This myth again? It's statistically been the strongest conference in the country over that time (KenPom, RPI, Sagarin, etc). We go through this every year.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:36 PM 03-05-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Yeah. Just horrible. He started for a Final Four team and one of the Top 2 teams in CBB last year.
And he still sucked for just about that entire time (at least from January on). Thankfully Graham, Svi, and Newman were all incredibly good.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:56 PM 03-05-2019
What are the odds that KU is significantly better next year (which they’ll need to be to win the conference)? Likely, we’ll lose the conference by two games, but we got our asses beat several times along the way.

To me, I see a few players who can improve the most:

1. Quentin Grimes (or Grimey as he likes to be called -for you Simpsons fans): literally anything will be better than what he contributed this year. He was awful, but I believe the ability could be there. I’d really like to see him focus on being great at just one thing-whether it’s his shooting, ball handling, passing, rebounding, defense, or whatever. Just find something that he can do and contribute with every game.

2. Ochai Agbaji: really just needs to settle in and get more comfortable within the system. Tons of talent. He’ll be a good one.

3. Devon Dotson: Id like to see him become a better outside shooter. That’ll open up the driving lanes for him big time.

4. David McCormack: he’s super raw. I’d love to see Danny Manning get fired and come back to work with him.

I’m not really expecting anyone else to get that much better than they were this year. I think we know who everyone else is.

I’m also not expecting a huge lift from Doke being back. He’s suffered 4 injuries in 3 years. We have no reason to expect him to stay healthy next year. He’s a bonus if available.
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 12:30 AM 03-06-2019
Well you got your wish ncaa fuck you!
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 12:33 AM 03-06-2019

This myth again? It's statistically been the strongest conference in the country over that time (KenPom, RPI, Sagarin, etc). We go through this every year.
Well, that’s awesome. So how come the Big 12 can’t perform come NCAA Tourney time? Stage fright? Just dumb luck?? Something else???

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball...h-madness-1985

This is since 85, when the Tourney went to a 64 team setup. See how the Big 12 compares with other conferences in the 64 team era.

But, never mind, you’re right. Beating the likes of Iowa State, Kansas State and Oklahoma year in and year out for 14 straight years is WAY more impressive than 10 National Championships in 12 years.

Solid take.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:06 AM 03-06-2019
Dedric is clearly not the toughest but he's far better than I ever could have imagined. Easily the B12 player of the year. Yeah, he's not the problem.
assesing blame? Is it that time now?

[Reply]
chiefsfan987 01:24 AM 03-06-2019
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk:
The NCAA most consecutive appearance streak didn’t end....
I wouldn't be surprised to see that it did. Once it's all said and done the NCAA is likely going to take away last years run as well as probably the Big 12 title. It probably won't be official for another year or two though. Last year seems tainted now that DeSosa has been declared ineligible this and next year.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 01:48 AM 03-06-2019
It was a great run. Maybe this relieves some pressure on a very young team and they play a little looser going forward. This is something a HOF coach can use to motivate a team come tourney time.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 03:04 AM 03-06-2019
KU will be a first rd exit.

Team is fucking terrible.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:57 AM 03-06-2019
Well, that’s awesome. So how come the Big 12 can’t perform come NCAA Tourney time? Stage fright? Just dumb luck?? Something else???
Who can say? What I can tell you is that it isn’t statistically meaningful and nothing remotely comparable to a full 30+ season of games.

As you’d know being a MU fan, sometimes in the tournament you can have a great team and just lose to a disgustingly bad Norfolk State randomly who you’d beat 99 times out of 100. There’s often no rhyme or reason for it.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:58 AM 03-06-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
assesing blame? Is it that time now?
  • Grimes- lottery pick my ass. WTF happened here
  • Self- either he overestimated Grimes abilities to contribute or coach him up. AND pulls a red shirt off? Why did he have one on to start with? Still think Self is the best college BB coach in America. But, he has some responsibility for this mess.
  • Vick - reports of locker room issues are rampant. Really ****ed up our season.
    Dotson could be a candidate for player of the year in his junior or senior season. But wasnt this season. P
Grimes being a disaster was probably the biggest failing of this team.
[Reply]
Page 135 of 181
« First < 3585125131132133134135 136137138139145 > Last »
Up