ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 135 of 335
« First < 3585125131132133134135 136137138139145185235 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Thread
BigRedChief 08:29 PM 01-08-2015
Feel free to discuss any future speculation, theories. Anything from the books is fair game to post. Everything that has been broadcast on TV or from HBO. No spoilers needed.

1. If you watched or know the events that will take place in a unaired episode that has not been broadcast on HBO, you must put all the information and comments in a spoiler tag.
  2. Do not post any media of any kind involving actual content from unaired episodes without being in a spoiler. The only exception to the spoiler rule is content publicly posted from HBO and or the GOT actor themselves. Teasers, promos, trailers etc.

Any person unable to follow the spoiler rules will be banned from this thread. 14 days for first offense. Perm banned from the thread for a 2nd offense.

[Reply]
wazu 09:30 AM 05-10-2016
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
They have plenty of material. Everyone's signed on. Ratings are high. Why shorten the series?
It's the business model. Get people completely hooked, then squeeze every ounce of time, HBO subscriptions, and money as you possibly can with least amount of investment in costly production as they can. It's not like a network show where they rely on ad buys that air mid-episode.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:17 AM 05-10-2016
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Sounds to me like they're either running out of material or ideas.
Nope, there is plenty of material.
[Reply]
raybec 4 10:29 AM 05-10-2016
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Nope, there is plenty of material.
There may be plenty of material, but is it good television material? I can't speak to how much there is since we've passed the books (for the most part). They'll do the Kings Moot, but no LSH, they have to figure out how to get Aria and Dany back to Westeros. Maybe they put Dany's cousin in the mix? Beyond that it's all new territory
[Reply]
RustShack 10:36 AM 05-10-2016
They are doing two short seasons after this one.
[Reply]
RustShack 10:37 AM 05-10-2016
Probably could have had more episodes if he had finished the book.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:43 AM 05-10-2016
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
There may be plenty of material, but is it good television material? I can't speak to how much there is since we've passed the books (for the most part). They'll do the Kings Moot, but no LSH, they have to figure out how to get Aria and Dany back to Westeros. Maybe they put Dany's cousin in the mix? Beyond that it's all new territory
And they're already past the point of no return on some of the stuff.

It's not like they can really go backwards and insert the whole Quentyn Martell storyline. I guess they could still somehow put Tyrion among the sellswords (which I kinda liked).

The material they've passed over kinda has to stay passed over at this point; there's just not a good point in the narrative to re-insert it.

They may very well be running out of directions to go at this point without doing some serious backpeddling or retconning that would really do the series a disservice.
[Reply]
Great Expectations 10:52 AM 05-10-2016
Does Tyrion have the greyscale?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:58 AM 05-10-2016
I guess they're not too far gone for Aegon to make an appearance. I actually think both Aegon and Connington are really interesting characters.

But since they've given Mormont greyscale, it seems likely that he's essentially become Grif's proxy and that Aegon won't be part of the story and thus likely to be unceremoniously burned alive at some point in the books. Seriously, Martin - a quarter of the book dedicated to the stupid Quentyn storyline and then you just set him ablaze Richard Pryor style before his character serves ANY purpose? Fuck me, man; gain control of your instrument.
[Reply]
unlurking 11:16 AM 05-10-2016
Originally Posted by RustShack:
Probably could have had more episodes if he had finished the book.
Aren't there 2 or 3 more books planned? Another 20 years for the conclusion? No thank you.
[Reply]
raybec 4 11:26 AM 05-10-2016
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I guess they're not too far gone for Aegon to make an appearance. I actually think both Aegon and Connington are really interesting characters.

But since they've given Mormont greyscale, it seems likely that he's essentially become Grif's proxy and that Aegon won't be part of the story and thus likely to be unceremoniously burned alive at some point in the books. Seriously, Martin - a quarter of the book dedicated to the stupid Quentyn storyline and then you just set him ablaze Richard Pryor style before his character serves ANY purpose? **** me, man; gain control of your instrument.
Free basing with dragons, that happens in the next book.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 11:28 AM 05-10-2016
I don't think they need to revisit old storylines that they skipped to have enough material for a couple more full seasons. Danerys and Tyrion still on another continent, still need to get their shit together over there and mobilize the unsullied and maybe the Dothraki to come to Westeros, and once they get to Westeros, there should be some story to tell there. It's not like she can arrive with an army and they go straight to killing white walkers, there needs to be something in the way of consolidating the houses.

Hell, I'd like a whole season's worth of war with the white walkers. I doubt I'll get it. But I will be pissed if the entire war with the white walkers is just a couple of episodes.
[Reply]
wazu 11:54 AM 05-10-2016
You would think that the White Walkers would need to breach the wall very soon if this is really going to be an epic battle. They will probably have to devour half or all of the North before there is any serious discussion of uniting kingdoms.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:15 PM 05-10-2016
I would have to assume that the season finale this season would be the White Walkers breaching the wall.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:16 PM 05-10-2016
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
I would have to assume that the season finale this season would be the White Walkers breaching the wall.
That's my guess as well. Aren't they supposed to have some horn that will bring it down? I keep thinking it got destroyed for some reason when Jon and Sam were north of the wall...
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:25 PM 05-10-2016
Originally Posted by Bowser:
That's my guess as well. Aren't they supposed to have some horn that will bring it down? I keep thinking it got destroyed for some reason when Jon and Sam were north of the wall...

IIRC, the Horn of Joramun. It was destroyed but apparently it was a fake.

The Wall has wards, at least in the books, so unless they've got some ice dragons or those ice spiders can climb them over, they'll need to bring it down somehow.
[Reply]
Page 135 of 335
« First < 3585125131132133134135 136137138139145185235 > Last »
Up