ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 135 of 173
« First < 3585125131132133134135 136137138139145 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Motorcycle Discussion Thread
Dayze 11:41 AM 06-07-2013
I figure there are some motorcycle guys/gals on CP, so I thought we could have a place to talk all things Motorcycles.

Tire Mount and Balance Prices (as of 10/29/16)

Prices based on if you remove the wheels yourself and bring the wheels and new tires with you:

Cycle Gear - $35 per wheel if you buy tires from them. $58 per wheel if you buy tires elsewhere
Rawhide - $65 per wheel (assuming it would be the same at other HD dealers. they book it at 1/2 hr per wheel)
C R Cycle Tires (DeSoto) - $30 per wheel

Cheapest I've found my Michelin Commander II's. Seem like they have good prices on other brands too.
http://www.jakewilson.com - Free 3 day shipping on orders over $75
[Reply]
seaofred 08:15 PM 09-28-2016
Originally Posted by Dayze:
Uh oh.......back in the saddle again.
Checks being cut for a new scooter tomorrow.

Awesome! Congrats!
[Reply]
Dayze 08:17 PM 09-28-2016
'09 HD FLHX 26k miles for $14,250k. Book is at 13.7k so I'm throwing him some cash on the difference. But basically, $500 in cash for probably 4-5k worth of goodies. ****ing wheel alone is like 1200.
Riding buddy of mine. It's been sitting all year, he's got his daughter a lot more now and just doesn't have time to ride. He's a gear head and takes care of his shit. He's gotten more into ATV riding (he has 5 now lol) so he's taking a little hiatus on motorcycles until she gets a little older.

Extended bag, braided cables, 12" Yaffe bars, full thunder header exhaust, SE Cams, SE AC, tuner, dyno'd and tuned, Arlen Ness Floor boards, 21" RC Component Czar wheel and matching rotors, 2 seats (stock and an EVO style seat), back rest, luggage rack, upgraded speakers, amplifier, and a set of chaps (which I needed anyway). Damn bike runs like a raped ape. it's a 96"ci motor, but I think it has way more balls than the 103"ci I just had. Bike rips, and sounds amazing. It's tuned great. Nice linear torque curve, and it spins up quick. Reminds me of my sporty in that regard - how easily and quickly it just spools up.

I feel a little bad, he's a legit dude, would do anything for ya (and I would in return). One of those guys where a guy like him as a good friend is worth about 50 acquaintences. Solid dude. So, I hate 'taking' his bike for such a good deal, but he's fine with it and would rather it go to someone he knows will take care of 'er instead of some schlep from Craigslist etc. He'll get another one I'm sure of it, probably in a year or two. But it's gonna be weird taking it home and being 'my' bike.lol. Weird. We didn't negotiate, he just tossed me a price if I was interested before he posted it, and I was like "dude...are you sure"? lol. Hell yeah I'm interested.

[Reply]
Dayze 08:24 PM 09-28-2016
Originally Posted by pr_capone:
Nice! What is the new scoot?

Also... my brother and I are going to go visit the BMW tomorrow. Without even looking at it we are like 95% sure we are buying it.
shit, that's usually how it goes. :-)
at least for me anyway. I know what I want, what the prices are, etc, so it's really just a final up close looksy to make sure nothing is catastrophically wrong etc. I don't window shop all that much in person. If I'm taking the time to go look in person, I''m usually doing so for a reason etc. Nothing wrong with 'dat.

Let us know how it goes.
:-)
[Reply]
TrebMaxx 08:33 PM 09-28-2016
'09 HD FLHX 26k miles for $14,250k. Book is at 13.7k so I'm throwing him some cash on the difference. But basically, $500 in cash for probably 4-5k worth of goodies. ****ing wheel alone is like 1200.
Riding buddy of mine. It's been sitting all year, he's got his daughter a lot more now and just doesn't have time to ride. He's a gear head and takes care of his shit. He's gotten more into ATV riding (he has 5 now lol) so he's taking a little hiatus on motorcycles until she gets a little older.

Extended bag, braided cables, 12" Yaffe bars, full thunder header exhaust, SE Cams, SE AC, tuner, dyno'd and tuned, Arlen Ness Floor boards, 21" RC Component Czar wheel and matching rotors, 2 seats (stock and an EVO style seat), back rest, luggage rack, upgraded speakers, amplifier, and a set of chaps (which I needed anyway). Damn bike runs like a raped ape. it's a 96"ci motor, but I think it has way more balls than the 103"ci I just had. Bike rips, and sounds amazing. It's tuned great. Nice linear torque curve, and it spins up quick. Reminds me of my sporty in that regard - how easily and quickly it just spools up.

I feel a little bad, he's a legit dude, would do anything for ya (and I would in return). One of those guys where a guy like him as a good friend is worth about 50 acquaintences. Solid dude. So, I hate 'taking' his bike for such a good deal, but he's fine with it and would rather it go to someone he knows will take care of 'er instead of some schlep from Craigslist etc. He'll get another one I'm sure of it, probably in a year or two. But it's gonna be weird taking it home and being 'my' bike.lol. Weird. We didn't negotiate, he just tossed me a price if I was interested before he posted it, and I was like "dude...are you sure"? lol. Hell yeah I'm interested.
Nice!
[Reply]
Dayze 08:37 PM 09-28-2016
one of my favorite things about it is hearing it fire to life with those cams.

ahhhh. sounds so good. as soon as it fires, most who are familiar with HDs hear it and go "welp....that ain't stock"
lol
[Reply]
stevieray 08:37 PM 09-28-2016
Good for you Dayze!

Love those bars...
[Reply]
stevieray 08:43 PM 09-28-2016
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Good for you Dayze!

Love those bars...
...and the wheels.
[Reply]
seaofred 09:05 AM 09-29-2016
That is a beautiful bike. Congrats and happy riding!
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 09:07 AM 09-29-2016
Pretty sure I just saw Dayze in Lenexa

:-)
[Reply]
Dayze 09:39 AM 09-29-2016
:-). Im an ugly degenerate....but not that bad. Lol

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Graystoke 11:13 AM 09-29-2016
Nic Bike Dayze!
On an off topic, but still involving Motorcycles.
I was in Wyoming last week on a fly fishing trip. No cell service. A week ago today I went to the grocery store, 30 miles away to get beer and my phone was blowing up. All kinds of messages, mostly from my wife to get home because the flood waters were coming up.
She moved all my under the house garage out including all my motorcycles.
When it was all over she said, "I didn't know you had 6 motorcycles"
Needless to say I think after this I should sell a couple.
[Reply]
Dayze 12:59 PM 09-29-2016
:-). You should work for the NSA if you're able to hide that kind of shit from the wife.

"...I didn't know you had six motorcycles". :-)

Just don't tell her about the ones off site sitting in storage.

[Reply]
kcfanXIII 02:22 PM 09-29-2016
Hope all who went to BBB made it back safe, and had as good of a time as I did. It's hard to not grin ear to ear while riding those roads. Only problem is we had to come home. It's been one thing after another since I got back. Dogs had fleas when i picked them up. So I spent my "recovery day" treating the house to make sure we didn't get an out break. Had problems with my hot water heater, so we didn't have hot water til yesterday afternoon... I rode 1100 miles though between Thursday and Sunday, with a great group of friends. Not sure if I'm going back down next year cause we're talking Sturgis instead, but if I can do both, I will.
[Reply]
Dayze 02:29 PM 09-29-2016
Nice. Lol. The recovery day. I absolutely need one of those after big runs. Wears you out. My brother went to BBB this year solo since I was bikeless. Clocked 1300 on his night train. He was cashed. And on his way back hit rain, went to adjust the AC sock and the bastard fell off. The motor started sputtering, so he rode probably 100 miles with his leg up and over the air cleaner to block rain . I can just picture him doing that, while soaked with no rain gear, shivering his ass off. :-). This is a guy who gets "chilly" when its 80 out.

Those roads are great down there. So many cool things to see etc. Glad you made it back bud.

[Reply]
kcfanXIII 03:03 PM 09-29-2016
Nice. Lol. The recovery day. I absolutely need one of those after big runs. Wears you out. My brother went to BBB this year solo since I was bikeless. Clocked 1300 on his night train. He was cashed. And on his way back hit rain, went to adjust the AC sock and the bastard fell off. The motor started sputtering, so he rode probably 100 miles with his leg up and over the air cleaner to block rain . I can just picture him doing that, while soaked with no rain gear, shivering his ass off. :-). This is a guy who gets "chilly" when its 80 out.

Those roads are great down there. So many cool things to see etc. Glad you made it back bud.

Believe it or not, I made it back almost completely dry. I headed north out of Eureka, got north of the storms moving through there, then by the time we got to 49, the rain was all to the east. So by meandering a little, and letting the force guide me, I was able to miss all but some sprinkles. I was kind of hoping for rain because the fairing on the front of my bike is COVERED in bugs. Heading to bike night tonight, and having the bikini girls wash it for me, but I feel kind of bad for them, because it is so bad. It's actually two weeks worth of bugs cause I went to bikefest at the lake the weekend before. So there's multiple layers of bugs there...

Like the new bike by the way.
[Reply]
Page 135 of 173
« First < 3585125131132133134135 136137138139145 > Last »
Up