ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1344 of 4909
« First < 34484412441294133413401341134213431344 134513461347134813541394144418442344 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 12:16 PM 01-03-2018
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Go ahead and sign Cousins. You’ll be better, but you won’t even sniff a SB. I see the Broncos being stuck in mediocrity after giving him a huge contract.
Care to dispute that?

What do the Broncos give him that the Redskins didn’t?
You want me to dispute your feeling? Nah. I'll just refute it with my feeling that says they won't be stuck in mediocrity. Sure, they have more issues than just QB, but that's not to suggest they can't fix it in a solid offseason.

Originally Posted by New World Order:
They're going to have to gut that defense if they sign Cousins.
Define 'gut'. I believe they definitely walk from Talib, frees up 11M. Not sure who else they would release to warrant a gutting.

Originally Posted by Best22:
Superbowl? Please, Denver will be lucky to make the playoffs in the next ten years
Ten years, eh? Ok... I disagree. Maybe they don't advance in 2018, making it 3 years in a row, but my nearly 30 years of history with this team tells me they're not destined to be pathetic for years to come.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 12:19 PM 01-03-2018
Originally Posted by Bewbies:
Very few on either side will want to admit it, but watching Elway run the Broncos is eerily similar to what we've experienced from the Chiefs for decades.

It's crazy to see KC with a guy who looks franchise at QB for the future they drafted, a competent coaching staff, and a front office that appears to be very good at what they do.

It's almost as surreal for me as it was watching my Cubbies win the WS.
I'm genuinely happy for you guys... should be fun watching Mahommes take over in 2018. If he lives up to the hype, you'll have a keeper for a long time. I love watching good young QBs mature and peform well.
[Reply]
New World Order 12:25 PM 01-03-2018
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
You want me to dispute your feeling? Nah. I'll just refute it with my feeling that says they won't be stuck in mediocrity. Sure, they have more issues than just QB, but that's not to suggest they can't fix it in a solid offseason.

Define 'gut'. I believe they definitely walk from Talib, frees up 11M. Not sure who else they would release to warrant a gutting.
Talib 11m; Roby 9 m; Wolfe 7 m;

I think it would be a stupid move if they pursue Cousins
[Reply]
staylor26 12:26 PM 01-03-2018
MHM you seemed to miss my question, so I will ask again.

What can the Broncos give Cousins that the Redskins didn’t?

Also, :-) @ you just assuming you’re going to have a “solid offseason”. This years FA class and draft are all below average and your GM has done nothing over the last few years that should give you confidence.

But everything will be ok because you’re the Broncos and it has to be, right?
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 12:32 PM 01-03-2018
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Talib 11m; Roby 9 m; Wolfe 7 m; Harris 8 m;

I think it would be a stupid move if they pursue Cousins
Maybe... but, I don't see why they would have to drop those 3 other guys.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 12:34 PM 01-03-2018

Source tells 9news Broncos coaching staff will coach the North team in Senior Bowl in Mobile from Jan. 23-25 with game on Jan 27. Texans have the South team. #9sports

— Mike Klis (@MikeKlis) January 3, 2018

The Broncos' staff will coach the North team in the Senior Bowl later this month, per source. The Texans will coach the South. (1st by @MikeKlis).

I'm told this is something John Elway and Vance Joseph really wanted to do this year.

— Nicki Jhabvala (@NickiJhabvala) January 3, 2018

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:34 PM 01-03-2018
Has Elways drafted a single star at any offensive skill position? Been the GM since 2011.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:35 PM 01-03-2018
Denver gives Cousins a good defense, theoretically.

Denver will most likely do what other teams did by flooding a shit load of guaranteed $$ in 2018 with the first year cap only being around $16-17 million, which is doable.
Carr, Stafford and Luck’s deals were all made that way so i expect the same for Cousins.

A lot of it depends on when Cousins gets his deal. Garoppolo, Rodgers and Brees will get record breaking deals this Spring. Cousins signs last of those guys and the price goes up.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 12:36 PM 01-03-2018

Also, :-) @ you just assuming you’re going to have a “solid offseason”. This years FA class and draft are all below average and your GM has done nothing over the last few years that should give you confidence.

I am not assuming Denver will have a solid offseason. I said the problems could be fixed with a solid offseason.

As far as what they can give Cousins? You ask the question with the assumption that the cupboard is bare in Denver. It's not. The OL has issues, true. I'd like to see what Jake can do in Denver at TE, and should they return the same WR group - they just need a capable QB.

Getting Cousins, fixing the OL... it's not going to be easy and they won't return to glory in one season, might take a couple. I've got time to wait.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 12:39 PM 01-03-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Has Elways drafted a single star at any offensive skill position? Been the GM since 2011.
His first four years as GM he drafted a defensive player with his first pick. He did hit on Julius Thomas in 2011.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:41 PM 01-03-2018
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
His first four years as GM he drafted a defensive player with his first pick. He did hit on Julius Thomas in 2011.
None of the Chiefs best offensive playmakers were drafted in the 1st. Mahomes doesn't count yet.
[Reply]
vailpass 12:45 PM 01-03-2018

Jesus dude just how far into your head are the Broncos for you to obsess like this?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:46 PM 01-03-2018
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Jesus dude just how far into your head are the Broncos for you to obsess like this?
You can't seriously be asking this question when you spend time on a Chiefs board, right?
[Reply]
New World Order 12:52 PM 01-03-2018
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
Edit:

Thomas had 2 good seasons in his career.

Don't really consider him a 'star'
[Reply]
BlackOp 12:54 PM 01-03-2018
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Ten years, eh? Ok... I disagree. Maybe they don't advance in 2018, making it 3 years in a row, but my nearly 30 years of history with this team tells me they're not destined to be pathetic for years to come.
You guys are in for a pretty drawn out "dry spell". Donkos still have a bad OL, no QB, no young, ascending skill players...and a bottom rung coaching staff.

Horseface has added nothing to that roster since the Manning recruitment days.

It took just two, post-Manning, seasons for them to have more blow-out loses than the 0-16 Browns this year. They are headed for worst team in the AFC territory....

Cousins may get them close to a WC but that's his ceiling...he's like a Stafford in that regard. He's not the clutch QB that the fans are looking for...you guys need a full-on re-boot and over-paying for him will just prolong the inevitable.

ElFraud is falling hard...it's a beautiful thing to watch as the fans turn on him.

Vance Joseph is going to turn this team around?.....think on that nugget all off-season.
[Reply]
Page 1344 of 4909
« First < 34484412441294133413401341134213431344 134513461347134813541394144418442344 > Last »
Up