ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 134 of 2694
« First < 3484124130131132133134 1351361371381441842346341134 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 08:51 AM 05-08-2017
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
You're a loon.

DEFIANTLY!

[Reply]
carcosa 09:10 AM 05-08-2017
Originally Posted by penchief:
I've been reading all the Mahomes threads and soaking up every Mahomes video and breakdown I can find. I have been a die-hard chiefs fan since Christmas day, 1971. I have hung on every game year in and year out. I haven't missed a single round of the draft since they've been televised.

I am 100% sold on Patrick Mahomes. I don't think I've ever been this excited about a player. He has "it." It seems to me like it should be obvious. It is strange to me that these threads have become contentious.

The criticisms about poor decisions and bad footwork are fair observations. But I think there is a level of context being omitted. He is deadly accurate even when he is slinging it side-arm off his back foot. Mostly this occurs when he is on the run or under pressure. He has at times shown good mechanics when passing from a clean pocket.

I also see a kid who is the complete package. Every interview I see he seems smart and well-spoken. His college videos show a leader on the field and a fierce competitor. It's clear to me he loves to play football. I have no doubt he will put in the necessary work to improve his mechanics. I believe he has star potential and I think we got a steal even at the price we paid.

I am grateful to Alex Smith for his contribution in changing the culture of the team. He is a consummate professional and someone Mahomes can learn from. But anyone who watches 15 minutes of Mahomes highlights should be able to recognize that there is no comparison.

Mahomes should start as soon as Andy thinks he is ready. It doesn't matter to me when that is. From what I've seen the sky is the limit. He has it all. And I am so excited for the future.
^^^THISS!!!!!!!^!^^!!^!^!^!
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:52 AM 05-08-2017
Originally Posted by TigerUppercut:
Without his efforts we would've lost by 3 scores
Alex Smith. Making your playoff losses less embarrassing since 2011.
[Reply]
Line Judge 10:01 AM 05-08-2017
Someone on the net picking our 63 man roster cut wr. DAT. One of TT's offensive advantages is that they had fast receivers. Isn't DAT our next fastest receiver after Tyreek? I would have thought that we would keep him because of 2PM.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:02 AM 05-08-2017
DAT is worthless.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 10:06 AM 05-08-2017
Originally Posted by Line Judge:
Someone on the net picking our 63 man roster cut wr. DAT. One of TT's offensive advantages is that they had fast receivers. Isn't DAT our next fastest receiver after Tyreek? I would have thought that we would keep him because of 2PM.
Everyone we have is a sub 4.5 guy, and I know reek and Conley are sub 4.4.

Maclin has slowed, but still shows he can get behind a defense.

I'm not worried about it. We have plenty of team speed at WR without him.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 10:08 AM 05-08-2017
Originally Posted by -King-:
There is 0% chance Mahomes plays in 2017.
Posted via Mobile Device
This is 100% inaccurate.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 10:09 AM 05-08-2017
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
This is 100% inaccurate.
I don't agree at all.

If KC is 4-6 and Alex gets injured, he'll play.

Bray is NOT going to be the back up for very long. If he is, I'll be a bit alarmed.
[Reply]
Messier 10:16 AM 05-08-2017
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
I don't agree at all.

Bray is NOT going to be the back up for very long. If he is, I'll be a bit alarmed.
Mahomes will likely start at least one game this year.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:24 AM 05-08-2017
No spread offense QB should start year 1 in today's NFL. These guys used to have far more time in the offseason to work with coaches but now it's not the same since the NFLPA changes.

If Alex gets hurt early in the year and Mahomes is forced to go out there, you're all gonna be pissed off when Andy goes ultra conservative with him by running the ball and dink n dunking it all over the yard.

If Mahomes plays in 2017, I hope it's after Halloween at the earliest.
[Reply]
Buckweath 10:25 AM 05-08-2017
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
I don't agree at all.

I do not expect Mahomes to play at all this year. People seem to forget that Reid is a rather conservative coach as we can see, amongst other things, in how progressively he integrates rookie players.

Whereas another coach would say let's do it and set Mahomes free, Reid will take the patient approach and not risk it, even if the Chiefs are off to a bad start or are not having a good season.

We have to see how Bray performs in training camp but even if he is not performing that well in training camp and beyond, I am thinking he will go on the field before Mahomes all season long, this year.

In my mind, if you have Mahomes start before he is ready, you might harm him. If you wait before starting him, even when he looks like he is ready, you are not harming him.
[Reply]
raybec 4 10:25 AM 05-08-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Speaking of hand size and Good Morning Football.

Too bad Laurent can't play QB, and that holding is a penalty.
How'd you like to get your prostate checked by that beast?
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:33 AM 05-08-2017
I will trust Andy Reid on when Mahomes should step on the field.

BTW...John Dorsey is coming up on NFLN's Good Morning Football show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 10:45 AM 05-08-2017
Originally Posted by Buckweath:
I do not expect Mahomes to play at all this year. People seem to forget that Reid is a rather conservative coach as we can see, amongst other things, in how progressively he integrates rookie players.
Yeah, and I'm saying if his hand is forced he's not going to shy away from using him. You think we'd trot Tyler Bray out there for 5 games that late in the season? No freaking way they entered this season thinking 'that's our back up QB". No chance. You can't sell me on it.

Whereas another coach would say let's do it and set Mahomes free, Reid will take the patient approach and not risk it, even if the Chiefs are off to a bad start or are not having a good season.
Literally no coach in the NFL would just open up with Mahomes after going 12-4 with last year's QB on the roster. None. Not a single one. I did not say "Or". I said "and". That's very important in understanding my message.

We have to see how Bray performs in training camp but even if he is not performing that well in training camp and beyond, I am thinking he will go on the field before Mahomes all season long, this year.
Prepare to be underwhelmed by a guy who did so badly on the white board during interviews multiple teams removed him entirely from their draft boards in spite of him having a howitzer on his shoulder.

In my mind, if you have Mahomes start before he is ready, you might harm him. If you wait before starting him, even when he looks like he is ready, you are not harming him.
This is only true if you have a bad team, and if you think KC is a bad team, you're pretty much saying Alex is the reason we're winning. Do you really believe that?

Christ, this is just timid thinking. First people are scared to draft a goddamn QB, and now you're going to be petrified of him playing because we might ruin him?

If, after 10 weeks, Mahomes can't step onto the field in an emergency with this team and NOT destroy his confidence (as you fear) then he didn't have the mental toughness to hack it anyway. The situation matters. We're not Cleveland.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 05-08-2017, 10:48 AM
This message has been deleted by WhiteWhale.
KChiefs1 10:49 AM 05-08-2017
https://youtu.be/Us9OzUQlrBE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 05-08-2017, 10:50 AM
This message has been deleted by pugsnotdrugs19.
Page 134 of 2694
« First < 3484124130131132133134 1351361371381441842346341134 > Last »
Up