ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 134 of 335
« First < 3484124130131132133134 135136137138144184234 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Thread
BigRedChief 08:29 PM 01-08-2015
Feel free to discuss any future speculation, theories. Anything from the books is fair game to post. Everything that has been broadcast on TV or from HBO. No spoilers needed.

1. If you watched or know the events that will take place in a unaired episode that has not been broadcast on HBO, you must put all the information and comments in a spoiler tag.
  2. Do not post any media of any kind involving actual content from unaired episodes without being in a spoiler. The only exception to the spoiler rule is content publicly posted from HBO and or the GOT actor themselves. Teasers, promos, trailers etc.

Any person unable to follow the spoiler rules will be banned from this thread. 14 days for first offense. Perm banned from the thread for a 2nd offense.

[Reply]
crazycoffey 03:10 AM 05-10-2016
Thorne never liked JS because he was a Targarian loyalist, banned to the wall after Robert's rebellion.
[Reply]
Skyy God 03:51 AM 05-10-2016
Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet:
Have you been watching this show? Maybe some of that happens ... eventually. It's far more likely that Jon and Sansa will pass each other like ships in the night because that's what George Martin does to Stark characters. If Arya is even back in the country by season's end I will be surprised. Bran will be with the tree dude for the rest of the season. Rickon has a George Martin target on his head and if he comes out of this alive and with all of his appendages it will be a small miracle.

The Wildlings kinda like Jon, for a Crow and a southerner, but I'm not sure they are quite ready to follow him around all over the country and fight his battles for him. It's possible, I suppose, with the whole rose from the dead thing. Little Finger isn't fighting for anybody but Little Finger.

I'm thinking most of your predictions are at least a season or two away or won't happen at all.
Showrunners have said there are 13 episodes left after this season.

The pacing will be faster than you think.
[Reply]
Skyy God 03:51 AM 05-10-2016
Originally Posted by crazycoffey:
Thorne never liked JS because he was a Targarian loyalist, banned to the wall after Robert's rebellion.
Ironic because of R + L = J
[Reply]
crazycoffey 04:35 AM 05-10-2016
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Ironic because of R + L = J
IF it's true, yes. BTW; I think it's true...... Lol. Also interesting (because neither the books or the show really get into it) is what Benjin and Thorne's relationship was like at the wall.
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 05:21 AM 05-10-2016
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Eh, I thought they were both pretty strong.

In fact, the book made a little less sense to me unless you see the raising of an army to take Winterfell being the straw that broke his back.

I mean hell, if you managed to not kill the guy when he opened the gates to people that have been killing your own for decades, why lose your shit now?

To me, opening the gates for Wildlings was the far greater sin of the two serious mis-steps for Jon. While objectively the wildling decision made sense, it's hard to be objective when your whole life has been an effort to keep this very thing from occurring and now Snow just up and throws up the portcullis.

Objectively, the army for Winterfell was worse because there really was no justification for the Lord Commander to be doing it, but subjectively and emotionally, I'd think letting the wildlings in was far more likely to get him killed.
This is what troubled me over the final scenes of last year.

If this situation was so egregious to pull a cowardly assassination of your Lord Commander... then why even decide to open the gates at all? If it offends so greatly, it never should have gotten that far.

( just a minor gripe though.. no point in investing much emotion into any of it )
[Reply]
Why Not? 06:51 AM 05-10-2016

Link?
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 07:02 AM 05-10-2016
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Link?
www.google.com
[Reply]
Skyy God 07:49 AM 05-10-2016
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Link?
http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/game-of-...he-finish-line
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:18 AM 05-10-2016

I thought everyone was on board with 2 more years after this one? They have done 10 episodes per season. They are leaving 7 episodes on the table?
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 08:26 AM 05-10-2016
Originally Posted by :
Seasons 1 through 6 have all had 10 episodes apiece, but word on the web is that the next two seasons of the show could have less. Speaking to Variety recently, co-showrunner David Benioff said “I think we’re down to our final 13 episodes after this season [the sixth one]”, and HBO executive Michael Lombardo mentioned that the showrunners are planning “probably two more years after [season] six”.

Read more: http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/game-of-...#ixzz48GKe21yk
I guess that is what they said, but it doesn't make much sense. Nothing about the pacing of the show so far indicates they can wrap things up that fast. And why would they? It's HBO's most successful show ever.

And 13 episodes would mean either season 7 is 13 episodes or they split that over two very short seasons. I guess it could happen. I just can't imagine spending 3 episodes this season watching Arya blindly swinging a stick and Sam puking for 10 minutes when there are so many story arcs to align for a finale. And I would really hope that an entire war with the white walkers isn't handled in a single episode or two. That would be a letdown.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:34 AM 05-10-2016
Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet:
I guess that is what they said, but it doesn't make much sense. Nothing about the pacing of the show so far indicates they can wrap things up that fast. And why would they? It's HBO's most successful show ever.
They have plenty of material. Everyone's signed on. Ratings are high. Why shorten the series?
[Reply]
Why Not? 08:35 AM 05-10-2016
Thanks. I also had heard 2 more seasons but I had not heard they would be shortened.
[Reply]
Skyy God 08:36 AM 05-10-2016
It's Breaking Bad season 5, with 3 less episodes.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 08:48 AM 05-10-2016

16, two 8 seasons.. Or one 6 and one 8 so Min 14
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:59 AM 05-10-2016
Sounds to me like they're either running out of material or ideas.
[Reply]
Page 134 of 335
« First < 3484124130131132133134 135136137138144184234 > Last »
Up