« First < 3484124130131132133134 135136137138144 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Caitlin Clark is fucking awesome
staylor26 09:55 PM 03-31-2023

Caitlin Clark is cold af for this pic.twitter.com/ieyvCRmq1S

— Lindsey (@LuLu_Vue) April 1, 2023

:-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
New World Order 12:50 AM 05-19-2024
^^^Wow, this guy is heated over a WNBA game.

A WNBA game...

Did I mention he's heated over a WNBA game?
[Reply]
TEX 04:11 AM 05-19-2024
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Bwahaha you're a deluded d/ckhead who clearly doesn't know what the word "racist" means smh get educated you fool :-)
Are you claiming "defense" by the built in safety mechanism, of the literal defination, that minorities can't be racist? Because many of your posts over the years appear to be racially motivated. So, I can certainly understand if someone takes that opinion in this case...Perhaps the correct term to describe your motivation should be the culturally adopted term of "reverse racism." Which, by the way, is also not given credence by a legal defination. Isn't that convenient?

Bottom line, definition or no definition - if a particular point of view is racially motivated, then it should be considered racist, no matter which side it comes from. People shouldn't get to hide behind semantics.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 06:16 AM 05-19-2024
Originally Posted by TEX:
Are you claiming "defense" by the built in safety mechanism, of the literal defination, that minorities can't be racist? Because many of your posts over the years appear to be racially motivated. So, I can certainly understand if someone takes that opinion in this case...Perhaps the correct term to describe your motivation should be the culturally adopted term of "reverse racism." Which, by the way, is also not given credence by a legal defination. Isn't that convenient?

Bottom line, definition or no definition - if a particular point of view is racially motivated, then it should be considered racist, no matter which side it comes from. People shouldn't get to hide behind semantics.
Find me something I've said that is "racist" then? I'm all ears.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:12 AM 05-19-2024
Originally Posted by New World Order:
^^^Wow, this guy is heated over a WNBA game.

A WNBA game...

Did I mention he's heated over a WNBA game?
It's strange when people start hating the person due to the media's obsession.... this doesn't at all seem like a Tom Brady situation, where he basks in the attention and goes out of his way to be in the spotlight.

I could very well be missing something, but doesn't seem like Clark is that type of person at all... the media being obsessed with her has nothing to do with her own thoughts on adjusting to a new league and so forth.

Unless she's been quoted as saying she's going to dominate from day one (going out on a limb thinking she has probably said the opposite), why the hell would anyone be so triggered by every little struggle?

Go laugh at the talking heads and ESPN who put her on the pedestal, dummies.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 09:39 AM 05-19-2024
Originally Posted by Kiimo:
You're in here going game by game talking about how she's getting owned in her first and second games as a rookie as if it somehow supports your theory that she is overrated or whatever. I really can't be bothered anymore to read your posts in detail to be honest
When people suggest she's "the best women's college player ever" then yes she has been overrated imo. However this is the WNBA now and now it's time to see if the hype is justified. She's had flashes of her great shooting but there's still a lot of work to do on her allround game. When she faces lesser competition then we'll see if she can start to dominate.
[Reply]
Pablo 09:40 AM 05-19-2024
Just give Clark a little time to develop. I figure once she starts to dominate this league -she'll by on the Pacers bench this time next year.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:56 AM 05-19-2024
In seeing a little of the game ionescu is supposed to be one of those guards, like plum, that are supposed to be these exciting sharpshooters. As good as they are, I'm sorry to say but it's just not that fun to watch. It's not like soccer or tennis where women's athletes play the same, just a little less speed and power. Wnba players are either Tim Duncan fundamentally surgical like Breanna Stewart or they just don't look very fluid.

And that's why Clark is different. And some of the new wave of ncaaw seem on that path too. For all intents and purposes they move way more like the men's games we are used to.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 10:01 AM 05-19-2024
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
And that's why Clark is different. And some of the new wave of ncaaw seem on that path too. For all intents and purposes they move way more like the men's games we are used to.
I hope this is true. Women's basketball is unwatchable for me for the most part.

Jackie Styles was the last women's player who was able to really generate anywhere near this level of excitement, but she wasn't able to maintain it.
[Reply]
ghak99 10:18 AM 05-19-2024
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
It's strange when people start hating the person due to the media's obsession.... this doesn't at all seem like a Tom Brady situation, where he basks in the attention and goes out of his way to be in the spotlight.

I could very well be missing something, but doesn't seem like Clark is that type of person at all... the media being obsessed with her has nothing to do with her own thoughts on adjusting to a new league and so forth.

Unless she's been quoted as saying she's going to dominate from day one (going out on a limb thinking she has probably said the opposite), why the hell would anyone be so triggered by every little struggle?

Go laugh at the talking heads and ESPN who put her on the pedestal, dummies.
She's been quoted by a veteran teammate as being humble and saying/asking, "just help me", while trying to figure something out in practice.

When I first heard this I thought she was just struggling to get up to speed. Every time I watch a piece of a game it makes me think the whole team struggles with figuring out what they're supposed to be doing. At times it doesn't even appear like they've been given a game plan to carry out.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 10:27 AM 05-19-2024
Originally Posted by ghak99:
She's been quoted by a veteran teammate as being humble and saying/asking, "just help me", while trying to figure something out in practice.

When I first heard this I thought she was just struggling to get up to speed. Every time I watch a piece of a game it makes me think the whole team struggles with figuring out what they're supposed to be doing. At times it doesn't even appear like they've been given a game plan to carry out.
Yeah the headcoach is definitely under a microscope now with the team's profile being raised due to Clark so she's gonna have to figure things out soon for sure. She does have a fair excuse though as they've played two top teams thus far. When they play teams on their level then that will be when the coach can be fully judged. Facing two top five teams has been rough tbh.
[Reply]
New World Order 05:08 PM 05-19-2024
Yeah the headcoach is definitely under a microscope now with the team's profile being raised due to Clark so she's gonna have to figure things out soon for sure. She does have a fair excuse though as they've played two top teams thus far. When they play teams on their level then that will be when the coach can be fully judged. Facing two top five teams has been rough tbh.
Admit it. You didn't watch or follow wnba basketball before. You had no interest

Now Clark is in the league you have interest.

Clark is pulling people in. She's the face of women's bball
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 05:31 PM 05-19-2024
Admit it. You didn't watch or follow wnba basketball before. You had no interest

Just came here to post in this thread for the first time to admit exactly this. I was genuinely interested in her college career and I have now (somewhat) actively followed her in the WNBA. I honestly love watching her just launch up those arching rainbows from 5 feet behind the line. It’s so fun.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 05:40 PM 05-19-2024

I've always watched the wnba playoffs actually. Now I've started watching regular games too. Sue me :-) .
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 05:45 PM 05-19-2024
I've always watched the wnba playoffs actually. Now I've started watching regular games too. Sue me :-) .
UCaitlinBugger
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 07:23 PM 05-19-2024
Why would you subject yourself to such torture?
[Reply]
Page 134 of 183
« First < 3484124130131132133134 135136137138144 > Last »
Up