ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 134 of 488
« First < 3484124130131132133134 135136137138144184234 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2022 Free Agency Megathread****
The Franchise 10:55 AM 03-13-2022
Legal tampering period begins tomorrow, March 14th. Throw all of your rumors and moves in here.

Obviously, for the people who hate mega threads, feel free to create a new thread for larger moves and anything Chiefs.

DANIEL SORENSEN IS NO LONGER ON THIS TEAM!
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:06 PM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by Dante84:
What worries me about us drafting an Edge or two is that we keep whiffing at that spot.

KPass - 2nd - Dorsey pick, but Veach had a say and was in the room.
Kaindoh - 4th - sweet rookie year, bro.
Clark - trade - mehhhhhhhhhh
Danna - 5th - roster depth
We could always just move Jones out to DE lol
[Reply]
Dante84 08:07 PM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
We could always just move Jones out to DE lol
Oh yeah Lolol christ
[Reply]
PattyFlakes 08:09 PM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by Dante84:
What worries me about us drafting an Edge or two is that we keep whiffing at that spot.

KPass - 2nd - Dorsey pick, but Veach had a say and was in the room.
Kaindoh - 4th - sweet rookie year, bro.
Clark - trade - mehhhhhhhhhh
Danna - 5th - roster depth
Once upon a time we sucked at drafting QBs… doesn’t mean you don’t keeping throwing picks at it until you get it right… and honestly I think Danna is a solid player for a 5th round pick… but I can’t argue about the other guys.
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 08:09 PM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
No, they don’t “have” to do anything.

You don’t make moves out of desperation.

This is a deep draft class. You can legitimately draft 2 in the first 2 rounds without reaching.
I wouldn't call it desperation Id call it a fact. If you dont get aggressive and fast the elite QBs in the AFC are going to have their way with us. Patrick in turn thinks he has to be superman and drop 40 a game and exposes himself to serious injury. So tired of seeing that same old movie.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 08:11 PM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Question:

I’m not a doomsday guy. And I realize there’s still a ways to go. But could any of you have scripted a worse offseason thus far for this team? It’s not about what the Chiefs have or haven’t done - I still love Veach - but rather what our biggest competitors have done.

I cannot understand any of you that are minimizing how bad this has gone over the past week.
We don’t have the money to spend currently. Veach will make some moves when the dollars are available. Veach has been planning for this exact moment since he took the job. He told us before that he understood the longevity of Mahomes contract, and what it would take to keep a team around him. He also told us we wouldn’t be big buyers in the first week. We just don’t have the space now.

2 things we DO have that the other teams spending furiously don’t have. And Reid, and Mahomes. The team we see right now isn’t nearly the team we will field week 1. The other teams are trying to catch up to us. They have to, we’ve hosted 4 straight AFCCG, were the benchmark.

Veach has a plan, and we’re gonna be happy with the end result. Have faith, brother.
[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 08:14 PM 03-16-2022
If we can re-sign Ingram, I like the idea of looking for value in the draft at the interior spot next to Jones. If Jaran Reed had been close to his best self, our line would likely have been far more effective last year. Can't become to tunnel vision on the edge. Interior pressure always helps give the outside guys better opportunities. Of course, we'll still want to find some depth at Edge wherever you can find it in the draft. Danna has exceeded expectations for a backup DE...and I'm bullish on Kaindoh as a part of the rotation.
[Reply]
PattyFlakes 08:15 PM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
We don’t have the money to spend currently. Veach will make some moves when the dollars are available. Veach has been planning for this exact moment since he took the job. He told us before that he understood the longevity of Mahomes contract, and what it would take to keep a team around him. He also told us we wouldn’t be big buyers in the first week. We just don’t have the space now.

2 things we DO have that the other teams spending furiously don’t have. And Reid, and Mahomes. The team we see right now isn’t nearly the team we will field week 1. The other teams are trying to catch up to us. They have to, we’ve hosted 4 straight AFCCG, were the benchmark.

Veach has a plan, and we’re gonna be happy with the end result. Have faith, brother.
Nailed it… and if anyone has earned the benefit of the doubt, it’s Veach.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 08:17 PM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by Balto:
Heard on the radio that KC might be looking at moving Trey Smith and his 6’6 320 frame over to RT and focus the easier path of finding a RG instead.

Thoughts?
Please name the radio personality so they can be properly mocked.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:19 PM 03-16-2022
Clowney is likely looking for the long-term home/bag. Maybe the Rams provide that after losing the Miller sweepstakes/bidding war.

And I know people on here don’t like him. And I know he’s an awkward fit for a team that is asking Frank Clark to be at least a rotational guy.

But he was pretty good for the Browns last year. He’s a guy who can be a really good #2 pass rusher/DL guy.

He played last year for 1/$8M. Swap him and Jarran Reed (would have had to find a few more $$ to do it) and I think the Chiefs’ season ends different.

I would be excited to give him the big deal/bag or anything, but if the price/term is again right, it’s something to consider.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:19 PM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by dallaschiefsfan:
If we can re-sign Ingram, I like the idea of looking for value in the draft at the interior spot next to Jones. If Jaran Reed had been close to his best self, our line would likely have been far more effective last year. Can't become to tunnel vision on the edge. Interior pressure always helps give the outside guys better opportunities. Of course, we'll still want to find some depth at Edge wherever you can find it in the draft. Danna has exceeded expectations for a backup DE...and I'm bullish on Kaindoh as a part of the rotation.
I said it earlier.

If the Chiefs somehow end up with a guy like DeVonte Wyatt, they can easily have the best interior pass rush in the division.
[Reply]
Balto 08:22 PM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by alpha_omega:
Please name the radio personality so they can be properly mocked.

It was 810 and some “expert” they had on. Was through tunein so not 100% sure it was live or a few hours old.
[Reply]
kcbubb 08:23 PM 03-16-2022
Get Hunter! Probably gonna take our 1st this year and a conditional pick next year based on production but get back their 46th pick this year. Maybe get Sam Williams at 46?
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 08:25 PM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by dallaschiefsfan:
I'm with ya, how about Devonte Wyatt or De'Marvin Leal at #30 + Ingram? Add a designated Pass-Rusher later in the draft and that'd be pretty solid.

Clark, (Wyatt/Leal), Jones, Ingram + (Bonito/Malone/Isaiah/Barno) + Danna & Kaindoh

Wyatt:
https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/...att-DT-Georgia

Leal:
https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/...-DL-TexasAANDM

Ingram would be pretty cheap and the above allows us to spend our potential $34m in cap space after restructure/extensions elsewhere.
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:26 PM 03-16-2022
Yeah let’s trade our first for a DE who had a neck injury and then a torn pec. Nevermind that he’ll want another fucking contract.

Fucking stupid.
[Reply]
BossChief 08:33 PM 03-16-2022
Everybody from the offense that’s good is going to be back. The only guy I’d like to have back that’s not under contract is Pringle and that’s if he’s cheap and ok being the #4 WR.

On defense, we are only down one substantial player (Ward) after replacing Tyrann. Ingram will be brought back or upgraded and nobody is going to miss Hitchens or Neimann. Haven’t heard Nnadis name in any tweets, so we can probably bring him back for cheap if we want.
[Reply]
Page 134 of 488
« First < 3484124130131132133134 135136137138144184234 > Last »
Up