View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 133 of 343
« First < 3383123129130131132133 134135136137143183233 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
Stryker 09:26 PM 07-24-2022
If I were the Chiefs, I would fuck him in the ass so hard that he has to stand up to take a shit! He is on the TAG and if he signs, let him ride the bench all season long. Put Thuney at LT and Kinnard at left guard. Then TAG OBJ again next season and let him ride the bench another season. I would FUCK his world at this point so he understands. Let's take 2 years off of his on field play and let's see what he fetches then!
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:44 PM 07-24-2022
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
is this guy a moron? can someone give me the cliffs notes of why the massive deal the chiefs offered these bozos wasn't good enough??

What do him & his agent have to gain by getting tagged and being under extreme pressure to perform at the highest level this season? Wouldn't it have been better to take the deal?
They didn’t offer any more guaranteed money than he’d make getting tagged for two years. An easy deal to turn down. But, also understand why the Chiefs offered the deal.
[Reply]
booger 09:54 PM 07-24-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I see no good reason to not sign Fisher at this point.
Agreed

I hope if they don’t work him out that they at least call him to have that put out there the possibility of him being back in some role if they are in fact interested. They listed OBJ at 363 last year. They have him listed at 340 now so hopefully he doesn’t get lazy before week one. They have 7 T’s on the roster. OBJ, Wiley, Kennard, Christian, Johnson, Prince Tega Wanago, and Niang. PTW and Niang just got placed on PUP yesterday and then assuming OBJ doesn’t show up they have to sign someone with only 4 bodies to practice with. Not counting Thuney who of course can slide over
[Reply]
-King- 10:01 PM 07-24-2022
Originally Posted by Stryker:
If I were the Chiefs, I would fuck him in the ass so hard that he has to stand up to take a shit! He is on the TAG and if he signs, let him ride the bench all season long. Put Thuney at LT and Kinnard at left guard. Then TAG OBJ again next season and let him ride the bench another season. I would FUCK his world at this point so he understands. Let's take 2 years off of his on field play and let's see what he fetches then!
Great solid plan that's driven by logic and not emotion.
[Reply]
Fishels 10:08 PM 07-24-2022
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
Yeah, Ingram was the best, letting him go kind of pisses me off.
Yeah him and Ogbah were awesome. Better than Frank lmao

Now they both Dolphins
[Reply]
RunKC 10:09 PM 07-24-2022
Not sure what’s so surprising about that? Vets hate camp unless you’re a QB or kicker/punter.

I can’t believe Orlando doesn’t want to go play in pads in 100 degree heat, risk injury, sweat his ass off and then sleep in a college dorm bed that probably is too small for him anyway.

I’m just so shocked guys
[Reply]
srvy 10:38 PM 07-24-2022
Originally Posted by Stryker:
Nobody would ever sign in free agency if we did that. But it pissed me off too being as in my opinion he was offered a way more worthy contract than he earned or deserved.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 11:37 PM 07-24-2022
Well said by Peter King…

Link: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...rs/?cid=fmiatw

Originally Posted by :
2. I think the weird story of the week is the impasse in negotiations between Kansas City and left tackle Orlando Brown, acquired from the Ravens in a trade last year. Here’s why it’s so weird: Adam Schefter reported that Kansas City offered to make Brown the highest-paid offensive lineman in NFL history: five years, $139 million, an average of $27.8 million per year. In terms of the most insane contract-related decisions of 2022, this is in the top two. For the record: One, the Browns paying a man with 24 sexual civil cases pending against him a fully guaranteed $45 million a year for five years … Two: A pretty good but not great left tackle turning down a deal that would make him the richest player in the trenches in the 103-year history of the league.

3. I think there are three factors to consider here:

1. Brown, per Schefter, nixed a deal worth $1.64 million per game. Travis Kelce’s contract pays him $621,287 per game.

2. In PFF rankings of offensive tackles who played a minimum of 800 snaps last year, Brown was the 19th-rated tackle in football.

3. Well, there’s not really a third. I’m just totally befuddled why a smart person like Brown, with one of the best jobs a tackle could ever have (blocking for Patrick Mahomes, playing in a Nirvana place like Kansas City, making more money than any lineman ever), would turn down that offer.

[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:57 PM 07-24-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
ugh

I wonder who is playing LT during camp?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:59 PM 07-24-2022
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Well said by Peter King…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
TwistedChief 01:31 AM 07-25-2022
Well said by Peter King…

I'm surprised Peter King doesn't understand that AAV is well down the list of determining a contract's actual value.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:47 AM 07-25-2022
Well said by Peter King…

The new iteration of 'because Chuefs'

Until now, the franchise superstar QB dividend was purportedly a thing.

KC stands to benefit, and suddenly everyone who possesses talent a scintilla above JAG wants record-breaking money to either come here or stay here.

So now KC's iteration of the franchise superstar QB dividend is the scramble of scrubs to get here for a minute and reform their market value.

At least we got to Kelce before this new dynamic. And the naive enthusiasm of nextgen talent newly acquired through draft and UDFA.
[Reply]
DRM08 02:02 AM 07-25-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I'm surprised Peter King doesn't understand that AAV is well down the list of determining a contract's actual value.
Going to be interesting to see what happens moving forward. How far is he willing to go with a potential holdout?
[Reply]
-King- 02:36 AM 07-25-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Going to be interesting to see what happens moving forward. How far is he willing to go with a potential holdout?
When they get back in Kansas City. So on or a little after Aug. 19.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 03:38 AM 07-25-2022
Andy is probably really pissed and so is Mahomes. Brown can go away. We can do better than him for less money and a better attitude.
[Reply]
Page 133 of 343
« First < 3383123129130131132133 134135136137143183233 > Last »
Up