ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 132 of 258
« First < 3282122128129130131132 133134135136142182232 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2023 Free Agency
O.city 11:01 AM 03-01-2023
Figured we could get one of these going as well.

Who's some guys we like, would like to see in KC?
[Reply]
staylor26 12:43 PM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I've been hammering the 1st round WR for about 3 years now.

This is the worst year in the last 3 to do it.

It's not that some guys won't emerge as viable NFL starters, it's that there's more ??? in this year's group than in the past.

If the draft were loaded at WR, Hopkins/OBJ wouldn't be in the discussion so much.
Would you take Hyatt? Flowers?

It's not a great group, but I think one of those guys will make it to 31, and they'd be on my short list.

Johnston
Smith-Njigba
Addison
Hyatt
Flowers

No way all 5 go before 31.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:43 PM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:

It's not a great group, but I think one of those guys will make it to 31, and they'd be on my short list.
I'm more confident in Flowers than Hyatt but I'm not sure he's even more than a high end 2.
[Reply]
Go Royals 12:45 PM 03-16-2023
Lets trade for Justin Jefferson
[Reply]
ToxSocks 12:45 PM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I have no fear of drafting a WR, the issue for me is if you do that you kill the value, the players at 31 are most likely to be edge guys and we can use those.

Like I'd rather have Will McDonald like Jalin Hyatt
Right. Exactly how i feel.

There's no way anyone could ever accuse me of being afraid of a homegrown WR.

I just feel like the value on the DL this year is too great to pass up on for some questionable WR's.

This would be the year to kick that rookie WR can down the road a season or two and focus in on another position group, the DL, where there could be some legitimate dudes there when we pick.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:46 PM 03-16-2023
I'm more confident in Flowers than Hyatt but I'm not sure he's even more than a high end 2.
I just think either one of those guys with Toney and Skyy for the future and we're in good shape. Just get some young talented guys in rookie deals. We've proven that we don't necessarily need a bonafide stud WR1, even if we should aim for more than what we had last year.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 12:47 PM 03-16-2023
No reason to reach. As we move closer to the draft guys will come more readily available.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 12:47 PM 03-16-2023

Johnston
Smith-Njigba
Addison
Hyatt
Flowers

No way all 5 go before 31.
You know i love me some Zay Flowers. I certainly would be excited about that. Hyatt im a little less sure on.

My top 3 eligible WR's as of right now would be:

Addison
Flowers
Mingo
[Reply]
staylor26 12:47 PM 03-16-2023
It doesn't have to be round 1 either. There's talent on day 2. I think you just need to continue to add young talent with complimentary skill sets that fit the scheme and you'll be fine.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:48 PM 03-16-2023
It does feel like we're going to be drafting EDGE and WR in the first 2 rounds.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 12:50 PM 03-16-2023
It does feel like we're going to be drafting EDGE and WR in the first 2 rounds.
Still need a RT.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:50 PM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by chiefforlife:
This is all good, this is the Chris Meck we all know and love.

Its the "You guys will never learn", "Veach is NEVER...", "You are all panicking in March" stuff that seems like a different poster.

You know I dig your posts, you are certainly right more than wrong.

BUT we just want to upgrade the position, however we can. I like most believe we will sign a FA and draft a WR. Most of us really want a stud if possible (Im sure you do too).

Signing an older WR or trading for one is not something Veach has done but the team and Veach is evolving. Circumstances can dictate a different direction than the preferred option.

The Chiefs are in on OBJ and probably Hopkins as well. It would be weird if they werent. Will it happen? We dont know yet, we all believe in Veach so whatever he ends up doing will be good.

Right now, those guys are options and its perfectly reasonable to discuss them.
Well, if I got contentious, it sure felt like I was on defense. It's like I must be insane to not want to pay $20m for an over 30 WR that hasn't finished a season in two years. And requiring significant draft capital on top of it!

And I don't think there's any way they send Hopkins packing for a 4th. If it really was a fourth...I might be on board. But I seriously doubt it. That gets a GM fired.

Circumstances can absolutely dictate a different direction than the preferred option-I just think the primary circumstances that we find ourselves in is that our QB is expensive.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:50 PM 03-16-2023
It doesn't have to be round 1 either. There's talent on day 2. I think you just need to continue to add young talent with complimentary skill sets that fit the scheme and you'll be fine.
I mean there are some other guys.....AT Perry is someone I have some intrigue over. Rashee Rice has an interesting skill set...
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:50 PM 03-16-2023
Thankfully we won't be drafting a WR round 1
[Reply]
ToxSocks 12:51 PM 03-16-2023
I watch Mingo and think to myself, "That's an NFL WR if i've ever seen one".

He makes NFL level catches. Runs NFL routes. He's big and strong.

When you watch him play he doesn't get a TON of separation, but then his combine tests suggest he can absolutely run.

And then you go back and watch him again after his combine results and i feel like you can kinda see that extra gear when it's needed.

To me, Mingo has one of the highest floors in this class. I think you can draft that kid and immediately get a guy who can come in and give you what JJSS gave you, with the potential for a lot more.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:52 PM 03-16-2023
I mean there are some other guys.....AT Perry is someone I have some intrigue over. Rashee Rice has an interesting skill set...
Was it you that mentioned Perry earlier when I made that post about WR options? I forgot to list him.

I like Perry and Tillman. They jsut don't fit what they usually look for. I feel like they're more likely to draft somebody like Mims, Scott, etc.
[Reply]
Page 132 of 258
« First < 3282122128129130131132 133134135136142182232 > Last »
Up