« First < 3282122128129130131132 133134135136142182232 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Skyy Moore Thread*****
Dante84 06:44 PM 04-29-2022
More to come!

Skyy Moore: 91.8 PFF Grade last season

�� 1st among all WRs in College Football

Patrick Mahomes has a new weapon �� pic.twitter.com/wtqsxNh0LR

— PFF Fantasy Football (@PFF_Fantasy) April 30, 2022

Patrick Mahomes is going to have a lot of fun throwing to Skyy Moore. Wins right off the line with great hands. Lots of smiles in Kansas City.

— Daniel Jeremiah (@MoveTheSticks) April 30, 2022

New Chiefs (!!) WR Skyy Moore in #ReceptionPerception:

- Ranked 2nd among charted prospects in success rate vs. man (75%) and press coverage (75.7%)
- Led all prospects in success rate vs. zone coverage (88.1%)
- He can play inside and outsidehttps://t.co/HbifB61JlJ pic.twitter.com/HYsV8rlAzF

— Matt Harmon (@MattHarmon_BYB) April 30, 2022

With the 54th Pick in the 2022 NFL Draft the @chiefs Select @skyymoore24 ��⚪️ @NFLDraft @NFL @nflnetwork @WMU_Football @espn @SportsCenter @210ths pic.twitter.com/WOPtw9M5FP

— Prospect Media (@prospectmedia_) April 30, 2022

[Reply]
ToxSocks 12:57 PM 11-16-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
I don’t think that’s fair.

In his second and third year in college, he ran super precise routes in a simple offense.

This offense at this level requires far more precise ability to not only run routes, but to change your route, cut it more shallow, adjust the flex to go more upfield, etc.

Stuff Skyy never saw in college.

He’s out there thinking a lot and not playing fast or crisp…but I think that will come in time.

I’ll never understand them putting so much on his plate early on by being the primary punt returner and learning every WR position snd all the nuances that come with it.

I’m just glad they pulled the plug on that so the kid can focus
I also dislike the "Punt returning is too much on his plate" argument.

How in the world is returning punts too much on his plate? All he has too do is catch the goddamn ball. It's not like he's spending hours in the film room studying punt coverages every week.

They had him returning punts because it's a cheap way to get him involved with the team. It was meant to be a benefit to help his growth. To get him on the field.

I don't know where that argument came from, but damn it's a sucky one.

It's not like he's missing snaps being a punt returner.

He's not missing valuable lessons on the sideline watching other WR's run routes.

And it's not like he's a top 4 WR in this offense and taking first team reps, so WTF else does he have to do?

Let that argument die in a fire too pls.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 12:58 PM 11-16-2022
Shit dudes, the Chiefs can't put any LESS on his plate than they already do.
[Reply]
BossChief 01:00 PM 11-16-2022
These are going to be fun to read back through in a year or 2.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 01:00 PM 11-16-2022
He could be a contributor in a year or two and it still won't have changed anything that was said here today.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:02 PM 11-16-2022
I think we are both arguing from a place of confirmation bias.

If Skyy finishes this year strong and gives us a solid slot option the next 3 years, a mid 2 is a perfect utilization of resources and will earn a sizable second contract.
'Solid slot production 2-3 years into his rookie deal' comes from the late 2nd and 3rd days of the draft every single year.

It's a fine salvaging of a 2nd rounder. It most assuredly is not a reasonable starting point for one.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:03 PM 11-16-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Shit dudes, the Chiefs can't put any LESS on his plate than they already do.
6th on the depth chart and one of the only clear route concepts we've seen dialed up especially to get him the ball in space yielded an INT when he messed up the 2nd route you learn in high school.

Maybe ball boy is more his speed?
[Reply]
Lzen 01:11 PM 11-16-2022
The Giants offense is designed by and RAN by Brian Daboll, you know, the career OC who's claim to fame was the Bills offense.

Kafka calls the plays.

It's like saying Reid's offense is RAN by EB. Get out of here with that.

It's Daboll's offense with some Kafka wrinkles and terminology. That's it. This is Daboll's offense. There's probably a **** load more Bills shit in there than Chiefs.

You're out of your mind if you think Daboll just handed the keys over our old QB coach who's never so much as called plays, let alone design an entire scheme.

You guys are making way, way, waaaay too much out of the Kafka connection.

And Toney played in what, 2 games in that system as it is? And in those two games he barely saw any snaps.

So YES, Moore has had much more experience in THIS offense than Toney. That's just a fact.
I'll concede that point. But I do think there is definitely something to BossChief's argument that Moore came from a small conference playing against lesser talent while Toney was playing against a lot of NFL talent in the SEC. Surely, that has to make a big difference when it comes to adjusting to the NFL. Add to that the fact that different players adjust to it at different rates and this could be what is going on here.

Look, neither of us knows whether or not he will amount to anything in the NFL. I just think it's a little premature to write him off as a bust, which seems to be what some folks are doing. If, in 2 years he has not become much of a receiver in the NFL then I'll say the doubters were correct. At this point, I'd guess that he's not going to be anything special but not a bust, either. Just my .02.
[Reply]
raybec 4 01:11 PM 11-16-2022
In a year or two, if he develops, that won't magically change the fact that he's behind his peers (draft slot) in his development.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:12 PM 11-16-2022

I hope it doesn’t end up like MEH. I still have hope the kid can actually contribute to the team in the future but I’m having doubts.
[Reply]
BossChief 01:18 PM 11-16-2022
He could be a contributor in a year or two and it still won't have changed anything that was said here today.
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
'Solid slot production 2-3 years into his rookie deal' comes from the late 2nd and 3rd days of the draft every single year.

It's a fine salvaging of a 2nd rounder. It most assuredly is not a reasonable starting point for one.
I wasn’t saying it would take him that long, at all. Quite the contrary. I think that the game is going to slow down for him in the next 2-3 weeks and come playoff time will have a contributing role in the offense that gets him the ball 3-4 times a game. I expect next year for those catches to go up to 4-6 per game and to have sone star type games mixed in.

Year 3, I think he’s a guy that gets more action and will get 1,000 yards receiving and another 200-300 rushing.

I’m saying it will be fun reading back to see which side of the debate flushes out on the winning side, not that it will take that long to come to fruition.
[Reply]
Lzen 01:18 PM 11-16-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Both sides are technically correct.

Moore hasn't met expectations.

It's way too early to declare anything about him.

Both can be, and are, true.
Yup
[Reply]
DRM08 01:19 PM 11-16-2022
He might get his shot to perform on Sunday. Might be 3 Chief receivers missing the Chargers game. I hope Moore is able to step up and be a contributor.
[Reply]
BossChief 01:23 PM 11-16-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
He might get his shot to perform on Sunday. Might be 3 Chief receivers missing the Chargers game. I hope Moore is able to step up and be a contributor.
I think this will be his chance to earn trust in the coaches and more importantly Pat.

What 3 WRs will be missing the Chargers game?

MVS was just sick
Juju is in protocol

Did I miss anything?
[Reply]
Lzen 01:23 PM 11-16-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
3?

Hardman, Ju Ju, and.....???
[Reply]
raybec 4 01:24 PM 11-16-2022
I wasn’t saying it would take him that long, at all. Quite the contrary. I think that the game is going to slow down for him in the next 2-3 weeks and come playoff time will have a contributing role in the offense that gets him the ball 3-4 times a game. I expect next year for those catches to go up to 4-6 per game and to have sone star type games mixed in.

Year 3, I think he’s a guy that gets more action and will get 1,000 yards receiving and another 200-300 rushing.

I’m saying it will be fun reading back to see which side of the debate flushes out on the winning side, not that it will take that long to come to fruition.
What do you see that makes you think this breakout moment is coming this season? Not being an ass, just trying to see things from your perspective.
[Reply]
Page 132 of 280
« First < 3282122128129130131132 133134135136142182232 > Last »
Up