ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 132 of 185
« First < 3282122128129130131132 133134135136142182 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The George Karlaftis Thread*****
Dante84 09:16 PM 04-28-2022
More to come!

What are the #Chiefs getting in George Karlaftis?

Had an NFC Personnel executive tell me “He reminds me of J.J. Watt, when Watt was coming out. An explosive and versatile playmaker who has a high motor and can line up at 3,5, or 7. Very strong kid” #NFL #NFLDraft pic.twitter.com/5qM3g6OrMr

— Matt Lombardo (@MattLombardoNFL) April 29, 2022

George Karlaftis was drafted with pick 30 of round 1 in the 2022 draft class. He scored a 9.23 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 116 out of 1503 DE from 1987 to 2022. https://t.co/iXXBvnoFJc #RAS #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/eZ9XjNRDUB

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2022

“I was sitting there the whole night hoping we’d be able to get you.”

Karlaftis gets the call �� pic.twitter.com/DRGBDekvnl

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2022

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:26 PM 12-13-2022
yes, should have had 3 sacks

The tackles don’t even get out of their stance before Karlaftis and Clark and back there. #Chiefs #JacobsEyeInTheSky pic.twitter.com/FiYAnIqnsD

— Nick Jacobs (@Jacobs71) December 14, 2022

[Reply]
jjchieffan 11:32 PM 12-13-2022
Well, it looks like Furious George played good enough in Sunday to shut Tribal up for a minute. That's a nice change for this thread.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:39 PM 12-13-2022
chiefs might finish the season with 60 sacks

i have a feeling we finish STRONG defensively
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:16 AM 12-14-2022
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
Well, it looks like Furious George played good enough in Sunday to shut Tribal up for a minute. That's a nice change for this thread.
1 coverage sack is something to cheer for/ sarcasm.

The guy is a roleplayer, if he wasn't we wouldn't be complaining about the passrush. It's more of the same with this guy.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:27 AM 12-14-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:

The guy is a roleplayer, if he wasn't wasn't we wouldn't be complaining about the passrush. It's more of the same with this guy.
No, 3 straight games with a sack is something to cheer for.

Of course, there's really nothing he can do short of being an All-Pro that would be good enough for you.

For somebody who was absolutely certain that Karlaftis was going to be a bust, it sure does seem like your expectations were as high as anybody's.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:33 AM 12-14-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
No, 3 straight games with a sack is something to cheer for.

Of course, there's really nothing he can do short of being an All-Pro that would be good enough for you.

For somebody who was absolutely certain that Karlaftis was going to be a bust, it sure does seem like your expectations were as high as anybody's.

Never said he was a bust, 2 coverage sacks and 1 on a practice squad QB. That's roleplayer stuff.

The glare of your Rose colored glasses, are blinding you.

If Karlaftis wasn't then we wouldn't be complaining about the passrush.
[Reply]
JPH83 02:09 AM 12-14-2022
Thought he had 2 good games before this and this was back to his earlier form, just a step too slow and really struggling to get pressure or impact the passing game. But sacks matter, even hustle ones, so that's been positive.

I still don't think it's happening for this guy until next year. It's a shame because a DL that has pressure pretty much exclusively from Jones isn't ideal.
[Reply]
Rasputin 02:25 AM 12-14-2022
I think he's coming along. I know a good offseason workout regiment will do him good. Work on speed and power and technique being coached up he can be a blue collar player but we will still need an edge rusher.
[Reply]
Rasputin 02:36 AM 12-14-2022
I cheer for any sack we can get. A coverage sacks means the defense did it's job and probably offense lost more yards on the sack.
[Reply]
JPH83 03:09 AM 12-14-2022
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
I cheer for any sack we can get. A coverage sacks means the defense did it's job and probably offense lost more yards on the sack.
Yep agreed on both points. Think an offseason where he gets a chance to breath, take stock, work on his plans, get S+D work in, will help. We know he'll work, but he probably honestly needs a rest as well.
[Reply]
Rasputin 05:05 AM 12-14-2022
The Greek Freak is tied for 3rd among top rookie pass rushers with 3.5. Houston had 4 and Hutchinson is beast with 7 and 9 knockdowns. So the Greek is doing just fine amongst his draft class. Hutchinson was the 2nd pick in the draft and the Lions hit a home run. No way could we have traded up for him but we did hit a home run with McDuffie. I think Blake Vermer just went with BAP that's an edge rusher and liked the Greeks motor.

I still like the pick and he is just going get better and help us win a few Championships.
[Reply]
oldman 06:25 AM 12-14-2022
It's not all about sacks. There's been a few times over the last couple games that the opposing QB had to unload because George was in his face. Going from a stand up OLB in a 3-4 to a fist in the dirt DE in a 4-3 takes some time to adjust. If he gets 6 sacks this season (not counting playoffs), I'd say that's pretty damn good. He's a hard working kid that will be just fine with some off season work.
[Reply]
kcclone 07:01 AM 12-14-2022

The guy is a roleplayer, if he wasn't wasn't we wouldn't be complaining about the passrush. It's more of the same with this guy.
This kid is a young rookie. He will get better. He’s every bit as good as Trent McDuffie IMO.

Will he ever lead the league in sacks?…. No

But coverage sacks are still sacks and better than the alternative.
[Reply]
Rasputin 08:17 AM 12-14-2022
Originally Posted by kcclone:
This kid is a young rookie. He will get better. He’s every bit as good as Trent McDuffie IMO.

Will he ever lead the league in sacks?…. No

But coverage sacks are still sacks and better than the alternative.

I could never imagine someone complaining about a coverage sack :-)
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:34 AM 12-14-2022
Be honest, you're being homer if you're not looking at the situation of 5hose sacks a coverage and a sack against a 3rd stringer. I even said as such before the Rams game
This is a pretty damn shitty spin even for you. You didn't use qualifiers for the other players when comparing him to other rookies before.

Just buck up man and admit he ain't as bad as you want him to be and move on.
[Reply]
Page 132 of 185
« First < 3282122128129130131132 133134135136142182 > Last »
Up