ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 132 of 469
« First < 3282122128129130131132 133134135136142182232 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 11:07 AM 01-01-2022
For all things Royals in 2022. #3 minor league system according to Baseball America. The Bobby Witt era should begin this year. Will Salvy still be the homerun king? How does the glut of infield players work out? Will the young pitchers take the next step?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Zack Greinke, P
Amir Garrett, P
Taylor Clarke, P

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Bobby Witt, SS
2. Asa Lacy, P
3. MJ Melendez, C
4. Nick Pratto, 1B
5. Jackson Kowar, P
6. Kyle Isabel, OF
7. Frank Mozzicato, P
8. Ben Kudrna, P
9. Jonathan Bowlan, P
10. Vinnie Pasquantino, 1B

Duncan's Top Royals Prospects
Spoiler!

[Reply]
PHOG 06:05 PM 05-31-2022
What a joke.
[Reply]
gblowfish 06:06 PM 05-31-2022
Originally Posted by Pablo:
I vote we give this team more means for religious empowerment. I'm talking scripture printed all over the K, guys from Skunkhead's church sitting in the front row singing hymns. A couple more people on the anti-masturbation squad. Maybe we'll attract angels in the outfield and watch a team that's worth a shit again!!
I can't believe GMDM is allowing "Pride Night." That's got to make him insane.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 06:32 PM 05-31-2022
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
You're right. At least Santana shows up. He plays like shit, but he shows up.

At the end of 2002 Royals gave Sweeney a 5 Year $55 million contract, the biggest ever awarded at the time. In order to afford that contract, they let Damon and Dye walk. In 2004 they traded Beltran to Houston to help offset the cost of that contract.

What did the team get for that money?

Games Sweeney played out of 162:
2003 108 Team Lost 79 games
2004 106 Lost 104 games
2005 122 Lost 106 games
2006 60 Lost 100 games
2007 74 Lost 93 games.

In the final two years of his contract, he played in 41% of the games and was paid $22 million.

When Gil Meche got hurt, he refused to take money from the Royals because he didn't earn it. That's character.
You're insane. Irrational. He was injured. And when he did play, he was still fairly productive. Not his fault management decided not to try to keep Damon, Dye or Beltran. It didn't have to be either/or.

Santana just sucks. It's dumb to compare the two.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 06:33 PM 05-31-2022
Originally Posted by poolboy:
I dont think Miggie stung Detroit......look at what he is done in baseball
He earned his first deal. It was that second contract that hurt them.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 07:05 PM 05-31-2022
It’s time…

Dayton Moore has been GM of the #Royals since 2006 - early in George W Bush’s second term. So long ago, that America Online was still king in the internet world.

In that time, KC has finished above .500 THREE. TIMES

Counting this year, they have lost > 90 games EIGHT. TIMES.

— Clubhouse Convo (@royalsclubhouse) May 30, 2022

[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:05 PM 05-31-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Daniel Lynch is awful. Everytime I watch the Royals (which isn't a ton) if Lynch is pitching he doesn't fool anyone. The opposing team HAMMERS him. Tons of hard hit balls vs him. Same story last year and since he came into the league.

Lynch is a great example of a pitcher with a lot of talent who is not being coached to maximize that talent.

What they should be doing: encouraging him to use the high fastball up in the zone to get swings and misses, and work his changeup and slider down.

Instead, they’ve been trying to get him to pound the fastball down. Cal Eldred is a disciple of fastballs down and away. Which don’t induce swing and miss, and are - by analytics - the least valuable way to throw the pitch.

I mean, shit, you’re starting to see pitchers elevate two-seam fastballs, too. And have success with it.

Lynch has the goods. He’s just being coached to do a specific thing that is a poor match for his abilities.

Who is the only Royals SP to really have any consistent success with Eldred? Surprise surprise, it’s the guy with the otherworldly natural turbo sinker.

Mark my words, if KC moves on from Lynch, he’s going to go somewhere like Atlanta or Tampa and have a Charlie Morton-like metamorphosis.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 07:18 PM 05-31-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Lynch is a great example of a pitcher with a lot of talent who is not being coached to maximize that talent.

What they should be doing: encouraging him to use the high fastball up in the zone to get swings and misses, and work his changeup and slider down.

Instead, they’ve been trying to get him to pound the fastball down. Cal Eldred is a disciple of fastballs down and away. Which don’t induce swing and miss, and are - by analytics - the least valuable way to throw the pitch.

I mean, shit, you’re starting to see pitchers elevate two-seam fastballs, too. And have success with it.

Lynch has the goods. He’s just being coached to do a specific thing that is a poor match for his abilities.

Who is the only Royals SP to really have any consistent success with Eldred? Surprise surprise, it’s the guy with the otherworldly natural turbo sinker.

Mark my words, if KC moves on from Lynch, he’s going to go somewhere like Atlanta or Tampa and have a Charlie Morton-like metamorphosis.
Prime example - Jakob Junis is having the best year of his career now that he's getting better coaching in SF. He has a 2.68 ERA and a .97 WHIP.
[Reply]
Pablo 07:43 PM 05-31-2022
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Actually it wasnnt “church sitting”. the team went to shit when they went all Gay Pride. We were the last MLB team to do this

Well yeah he authorized that because he’s a faggot
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 08:18 PM 05-31-2022

VINNIE PASQUANTINO- hits 15th homer of the season to knot the score!!

Bottom 7th | IND 1, OMA 1

— Omaha Storm Chasers (@OMAStormChasers) June 1, 2022

[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 10:11 PM 05-31-2022
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Dayton, you are a Trashbag.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 10:14 PM 05-31-2022
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
What more does he have to do? It sends a shitty message to other minor leaguers when a guy who is on fire and he still doesn’t get called up. He’s 24, he needs to be here.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:00 PM 05-31-2022
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
What more does he have to do? It sends a shitty message to other minor leaguers when a guy who is on fire and he still doesn’t get called up. He’s 24, he needs to be here.
Picollo said he’s not ready yet…. **** this front office man. Dayton and Picollo need to go. Unfortunately we have a spineless owner in Sherman. Clean house, since 2006 royals have only had 3 season above .500!!!! That’s 16 seasons… 3/16 means we have an 18.75% every year of being above .500!
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:26 AM 06-01-2022
Fucking Dayton lucks into assembling a World Series team and now we're stuck with him. Fucking hate everything about the guy.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:27 AM 06-01-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Fucking Dayton lucks into assembling a World Series team and now we're stuck with him. Fucking hate everything about the guy.

Sherman wants him to be the scapegoat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
cabletech94 07:00 AM 06-01-2022
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Sherman wants him to be the scapegoat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Only logical explanation of this entire season.
[Reply]
Page 132 of 469
« First < 3282122128129130131132 133134135136142182232 > Last »
Up