ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 132 of 200
« First < 3282122128129130131132 133134135136142182 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****2018-2019 Official NBA Regular season thread****
dirk digler 05:23 PM 10-16-2018
Didn't see anybody starting this thread so I guess I will.

Anti climatic season starts tonight and my prediction is GS vs Boston in the NBA Finals.

First 2 Games tonight on TNT with Philly vs Boston and OKC vs GS. Westbrook is out tonight so that game will be a blowout most likely.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:23 AM 06-15-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Sure, 6 games vs 4 is gonna be higher no?
And I said at the time that the ratings would go up as the series went along and you disagreed. It peaked higher than any game in the last 2 Finals. Don’t pretend you saw this coming.
[Reply]
O.city 10:25 AM 06-15-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
And I said at the time that the ratings would go up as the series went along and you disagreed. It peaked higher than any game in the last 2 Finals even without the biggest star in the series. Don’t pretend you saw this coming.
Yes, clearly you saw the injuries and this going 6 mr swami
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 10:28 AM 06-15-2019
O.City tried to tell me people being tired of the Warriors winning wasn’t also a big factor for the low ratings :-)
That just destroyed a lot of the Lebronies earlier talking points about ratings.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:29 AM 06-15-2019
Yes, clearly you saw the injuries and this going 6 mr swami
Umm anybody with a clue could see this was going to be a more competitive series than the last 2 years.

And now you’re proving my initial that you disagreed with correct saying the low rating had a lot to do with GS being too dominant and pretending like you knew that all along :-)

The bottom line is your narrative was that the ratings were low simply because there was no Lebron. Hindsight says you were wrong.
[Reply]
O.city 10:35 AM 06-15-2019
Umm anybody with a clue could see this was going to be a more competitive series than the last 2 years.

And now you’re proving my initial that you disagreed with correct saying the low rating had a lot to do with GS being too dominant and pretending like you knew that all along :-)

The bottom line is your narrative was that the ratings were low simply because there was no Lebron. Hindsight says you were wrong.
One game out did the games of last year and the year before and the series outraged it because it went more games which will always be the case

Clearly everyone saw it was gonna be so much more competitive before the series then it took golden states 2/3 best player to get hurt and miss games for it to go 6.

How does hindsight say lebron doesn’t drive ratings? They were in the tank
[Reply]
O.city 10:37 AM 06-15-2019
If everyone knew it was going to be such a great competitive series, why were early games so lowly rated?
[Reply]
staylor26 10:38 AM 06-15-2019
One game out did the games of last year and the year before and the series outraged it because it went more games which will always be the case

Clearly everyone saw it was gonna be so much more competitive before the series then it took golden states 2/3 best player to get hurt and miss games for it to go 6.

How does hindsight say lebron doesn’t drive ratings? They were in the tank
Dude, I said the ratings had a lot to do with Lebron, but it was just as much about people being tired of GS winning and in dominant fashion.

The second GS was on the ropes, the ratings went up significantly higher than they were with Lebron the last 2 years.

If you’re still going to try and tell me that GS’s dominance didn’t play a big role in the poor ratings, you’re fucking retarded.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:41 AM 06-15-2019
If everyone knew it was going to be such a great competitive series, why were early games so lowly rated?
:-)

If everybody just wanted to see Lebron, why was there a game with higher ratings than every Finals game with Lebron the last 2 years?
[Reply]
O.city 10:43 AM 06-15-2019
Dude, I said the ratings had a lot to do with Lebron, but it was just as much about people being tired of GS winning and in dominant fashion.

The second GS was on the ropes, the ratings went up significantly higher than they were with Lebron the last 2 years.

If you’re still going to try and tell me that GS’s dominance didn’t play a big role in the poor ratings, you’re ****ing retarded.
Wasn’t golden state on the ropes after game 3?
[Reply]
staylor26 10:44 AM 06-15-2019
Wasn’t golden state on the ropes after game 3?
Yea and the ratings were significantly higher than in game 1, like I told you they would be.

You really woke up on the dumb side of the bed this morning.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:47 AM 06-15-2019
Those ratings also exclude Canada by the way.
[Reply]
O.city 10:48 AM 06-15-2019
Yea and the ratings were significantly higher than in game 1, like I told you they would be.

You really woke up on the dumb side of the bed this morning.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_Fi...vision_ratings

They didn’t go up til what, game 5? Doesn’t seem that significant but I’m not overly invested here so you win
[Reply]
RunKC 10:49 AM 06-15-2019
People still hating on LeBron even though he wasn’t in the playoffs?

The insecurity is hilarious :-)
[Reply]
O.city 10:51 AM 06-15-2019
With the warriors blowing apart, the nba definitely needs lebron in the playoffs next year or ratings will really bomb

Although as staylor has yelled at me relentlessly about this morning maybe without the dominant warriors ratings will go up
[Reply]
staylor26 10:53 AM 06-15-2019
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_Fi...vision_ratings

They didn’t go up til what, game 5? Doesn’t seem that significant but I’m not overly invested here so you win
You’re right it wasn’t till game 5 that they blew up, but that just further proves my original point.

Going into game 5, the Raptors were up 3-1 and GS looked like they were going to lose this series. Once GS was about to lose, the ratings shot up back to where they were with Lebron, despite no Lebron. Then GS won, the series got competitive, and the ratings were better than they’ve been in years. Excluding Canada as well.

People were clearly tired of seeing GS win it like I tried to tell you, but you shrugged it off to Lebron hate. Your investment in this doesn’t make you any less wrong.
[Reply]
Page 132 of 200
« First < 3282122128129130131132 133134135136142182 > Last »
Up