View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 131 of 343
« First < 3181121127128129130131 132133134135141181231 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
-King- 02:09 PM 07-23-2022
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
So what's our options? He'll play this year but after that IDK.
After this year we can either re-sign him or tag and trade him.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07-24-2022, 05:19 AM
This message has been deleted by TwistedChief.
TwistedChief 08:49 AM 07-24-2022
Sorry if I'm late to understanding this, but did you guys know Orlando Brown's agent is a 25-year-old whose only experience in the field was a 2-month internship with Steinberg Sports?

I knew he had never represented an NFL player before, but I wasn't aware he really hadn't represented, well, anyone before.

I was pretty sympathetic to OBJ through this entire process, but now I'm much more inclined to question the guy's judgment and think less of him.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/mportner4
https://bolivarbullet.com/portner-living-his-dream/
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:37 AM 07-24-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Sorry if I'm late to understanding this, but did you guys know Orlando Brown's agent is a 25-year-old whose only experience in the field was a 2-month internship with Steinberg Sports?

I knew he had never represented an NFL player before, but I wasn't aware he really hadn't represented, well, anyone before.

I was pretty sympathetic to OBJ through this entire process, but now I'm much more inclined to question the guy's judgment and think less of him.

Thata literally ****ing insane lmao.

If I was that agent I would have been begging him to sign. Would have been one hell of a first payday.

He interned with Leigh Steinberg, Mahomes' agent. Maybe Mahomes gave him the name of the guy?
[Reply]
Bowser 09:42 AM 07-24-2022

Didn't Brown say he felt a connection with this guy because they both had diabetes, or something along those lines?
[Reply]
-King- 09:44 AM 07-24-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Didn't Brown say he felt a connection with this guy because they both had diabetes, or something along those lines?
C'mon, it was more than the diabetes. Don't be silly. They also share an interest in NFTs!!
[Reply]
Bowser 10:06 AM 07-24-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
C'mon, it was more than the diabetes. Don't be silly. They also share an interest in NFTs!!
Lol

/Well There It Is .gif
[Reply]
TwistedChief 10:10 AM 07-24-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Originally Posted by :
“At this point in my life, I realize that my career is bigger than my next football contract,” said 3x Pro Bowl Left Tackle, Orlando Brown Jr. “Michael stood out to me because we relate to each other on a personal level. From an early age, we were both exposed to the negative effects of diabetes. His father is a nephrologist in the Mississippi Delta. My father died of diabetic ketoacidosis and my younger brother has diabetes. Our common view on these types of real world issues will result in meaningful work in our home communities. I am so excited for this next chapter of life with Michael.”
My guess is this guy pounded the pavement in connecting with the people like Jammal Brown who is a mentor to OBJ and then used this diabetes thing to establish some further rapport. And then he sold him on the fact that he has no allegiances to any GM and no conflict of interest elsewhere. And then probably made the icing on the cake a sharply reduced commission relative to what others were proposing.

If that's right, it would tell me OBJ is gullible, immature, and cheap.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:18 AM 07-24-2022
My guess is this guy pounded the pavement in connecting with the people like Jammal Brown who is a mentor to OBJ and then used this diabetes thing to establish some further rapport. And then he sold him on the fact that he has no allegiances to any GM and no conflict of interest elsewhere. And then probably made the icing on the cake a sharply reduced commission relative to what others were proposing.

If that's right, it would tell me OBJ is gullible, immature, and cheap.
Yeah, sounds pretty reasonable and I won't argue against any of that.

Can't imagine the Chiefs are real happy with one of their spotlight players hiring a young unknown agent trying to flex on them and make a name for himself through negotiations.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 10:19 AM 07-24-2022
Wow. That agent stuff is bizarre. I am all for giving someone a chance but not when I am trying to sign the life altering contract.
[Reply]
stevieray 11:22 AM 07-24-2022
It's weird, he just doesn't feel like a Chief since he's been here.

Just a dude collecting a check.

:-)
[Reply]
Oxford 11:55 AM 07-24-2022
Agent/client is a rapport. OBjr probably told him what he wanted in contract, an experienced agent would have had more push back, so an inexperienced one says sure I can get you what you want.

At the end of the day it's OBjr's call as to whom he wants to hire and if he wants to play. OTOH, the agent may have been telling him all along that this was going to happen and his client says "make it so". So who is to say.

The Chiefs could elect to send a message by assigning his jersey number to someone during training camp until he reports. But you can be sure Andy's comments in the presser were hear loud and clear. Look for A LOT of commentary from Chiefs captive media about how good (insert player here) looks at LT and who is available from other teams.
[Reply]
Oxford 12:03 PM 07-24-2022
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Brown can only play for KC this season since he did not sign his tender by the July 15th deadline.

He cannot be traded to another team.
Not even if he signs the tag now? I though once he signs he is the teams property for that year, the non-signing-tag only keeps his rights with the Chiefs to avoid I'm not signing therefore I'm a free-agent
[Reply]
RunKC 12:08 PM 07-24-2022
His agent is definitely an amateur. Fighting the contract for the final 6th year of that contract being more guaranteed is retarded. If Brown Jr is really good in the 5th year they would give him an extension anyway.

The final year is moot for 99% of these contracts. It’s always a team option.
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:12 PM 07-24-2022
Smartest guy on the team! Gigabytes!
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:18 PM 07-24-2022
orlando isn't coming to camp, per sources
[Reply]
Page 131 of 343
« First < 3181121127128129130131 132133134135141181231 > Last »
Up