ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 130 of 146
« First < 3080120126127128129130 131132133134140 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let’s talk about the Eagles (Super Bowl edition!)
RunKC 09:23 PM 01-29-2023
Well fellas what do we think?
[Reply]
alanm 08:35 AM 02-11-2023
Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541:
It seems, according to the media, we have no chance. Maybe I’ve missed it but outside of KC it seems that Philadelphia has already won. They just gotta show up and it’s over.
Yeah I know it doesn't mean anything. But it bugs me. Maybe KC hasn't built up enough respect yet. I don't know. :-)
[Reply]
kstater 08:39 AM 02-11-2023
One more sleep

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 09:07 AM 02-11-2023
Originally Posted by alanm:
Eisen yesterday with Mooch went Eagles. The others besides Simms I could care less.
On his own show yesterday he went Chiefs. It's on youtube.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 09:19 AM 02-11-2023
Why is it that on all the football shows I've watched this week all of the pundits are picking the Eagles to win? Do they not realize that Pat Mahomes plays for my very favorite National Football League team the Kansas City Chiefs? I've tried to warn people in advance about supporting the Philadelphia team but to no avail. So Patrick Mahomes will have to show the nation once again why it is foolish to doubt Mr Mahomes and my favorite football team the Kansas City Chiefs. I can barely contain my excitement. :-)
The media at large doesn't actually know how good our team is outside of the big names (Mahomes, Kelce, Jones, Clark) and thats why we're getting discredited. I think the talking points about Mahomes legacy or his ankle are too alluring. It turns it into this Mahomes vs the Eagles storyline rather than people realizing "Hey, that Chiefs defense really seems to be turning it up in the postseason. And they have been for the last 4 years. Thats strange! Thats not what the statsheet is telling me."

Seriously, has any media member even mentioned L'Jarius Sneed, Nick Bolton, and Willie Gay by name outside of the injury report?
[Reply]
alanm 09:22 AM 02-11-2023
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
On his own show yesterday he went Chiefs. It's on youtube.
Then he's flipping back and forth. Guess we'll find out tomorrow.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:29 AM 02-11-2023
Yeah I know it doesn't mean anything. But it bugs me. Maybe KC hasn't built up enough respect yet. I don't know. :-)
It's the Buccs SB abortion, and Brady vs Mahomes stigma without context.
[Reply]
Straight, No Chaser 09:32 AM 02-11-2023
I'm not sure after two weeks of this sheet, I care what other so-called analysts think. Yea, it's kind of interesting but I've had enough of it all, including the comparisons between the so-called. I'll check the line on Sunday and see if it moves.
[Reply]
Delano 09:35 AM 02-11-2023
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
Seriously, has any media member even mentioned L'Jarius Sneed, Nick Bolton, and Willie Gay by name outside of the injury report?
Yes every national game broadcast. That defense gets tons of love from guys like Romo. The young secondary is talked about a lot in positive ways.

I don’t know about sports talk shows because I can’t be bothered with them.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 10:22 AM 02-11-2023
Originally Posted by Delano:
Yes every national game broadcast. That defense gets tons of love from guys like Romo. The young secondary is talked about a lot in positive ways.

I don’t know about sports talk shows because I can’t be bothered with them.
Thats fair.

I dont usually care about what the news pundits have to say, but this "better team" thing just bugs me. They seem to pretend our defense (and offense) is a bunch of nobodies.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:23 AM 02-11-2023

[Reply]
Lzen 10:33 AM 02-11-2023
Originally Posted by crispystl:
That game was nerve racking too. I flew in for that game and brought my wife and son, and it was their first Chiefs games I was concerned we might lose at the end and they wouldn't think it was worth coming back. Needless to say that didn't happen. The loved it and it hooked them into big Chiefs fans. It's just an awesome epic memory.

You know it's just crazy... we've been to quite a few cool places on vacations and such, but I don't we've ever had a better time than we did in those for hours in a field in the middle of Missouri in the freezing cold. My son said " Dad that's the happiest I've ever seen you!" I told him " I think that's that happiest I may have ever been!"
Son said "you mean the happiest other than the day I was born, right?"

Umm No Kenan Thompson GIFfrom Umm No GIFs

[Reply]
Skyy God 10:51 AM 02-11-2023
Ringer experts 5-4 Chiefs.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2023/2...-eagles-chiefs
[Reply]
In58men 11:21 AM 02-11-2023
Remember folks, nobody creates the game day thread other than Nut.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:41 AM 02-11-2023
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Ringer experts 5-4 Chiefs.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2023/2...-eagles-chiefs

Originally Posted by :
An underrated aspect of this game is the massive disparity in experience on these coaching staffs. Andy Reid has been an NFL head coach for 24 years. Philadelphia’s Nick Sirianni has been a head coach for two years. We’re talking about a guy coaching since before the iPod vs. a guy who has been coaching since the iPhone 13. The guys running the Chiefs units—Reid and Chiefs defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo—have both been coaching for a combined 81 years. The guys running the Eagles units—offensive coordinator Shane Steichen and defensive coordinator Jonathan Gannon—are a combined 76 years old. Give me the coaching staff old enough to bounce me on their lap and tell me about the war.

[Reply]
SithCeNtZ 11:41 AM 02-11-2023
The respect is actually what's driving this. The NFC was garbage this year and the only other team that really had a chance to challenge the eagles was the niners, who immediately suffered a catastrophic QB injury and the eagles coasted. Its easy to have thought about them as a juggernaut all year. The chiefs are the complete opposite. First we would struggle without Hill and the AFC west all got better, then it was clear the Bills were going to make a run at the 72 dolphins, then the Bengals finally got healthy and now they are simply better than the chiefs. And to top it off well maybe the chiefs were gifted the one seed and there was all the talk about the officials in the Bengals game and maybe they didn't deserve to win. Every step of the way this year it's been " the chiefs have mahomes but..." and sure enough that's pretty much the narrative this week.
[Reply]
Page 130 of 146
« First < 3080120126127128129130 131132133134140 > Last »
Up