ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 130 of 185
« First < 3080120126127128129130 131132133134140180 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The George Karlaftis Thread*****
Dante84 09:16 PM 04-28-2022
More to come!

What are the #Chiefs getting in George Karlaftis?

Had an NFC Personnel executive tell me “He reminds me of J.J. Watt, when Watt was coming out. An explosive and versatile playmaker who has a high motor and can line up at 3,5, or 7. Very strong kid” #NFL #NFLDraft pic.twitter.com/5qM3g6OrMr

— Matt Lombardo (@MattLombardoNFL) April 29, 2022

George Karlaftis was drafted with pick 30 of round 1 in the 2022 draft class. He scored a 9.23 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 116 out of 1503 DE from 1987 to 2022. https://t.co/iXXBvnoFJc #RAS #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/eZ9XjNRDUB

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2022

“I was sitting there the whole night hoping we’d be able to get you.”

Karlaftis gets the call �� pic.twitter.com/DRGBDekvnl

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2022

[Reply]
BossChief 02:32 PM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Then why isn't he finishing plays while QBs just run away from him since he's a step too late or slow. As I said Sam Williams was available and has had more of an impact with less snaps playing for the Cowboys
A lot of us wanted Sam Williams, but he had significant character concerns that a front office that took guys like Hunt and Hill passed on.

They obviously get that moving on from Tyrann meant they needed to replace leadership qualities to have a sustained strong locker room and always remember Veach does all of his homework and extra credit, so if he passes on a guy like Williams for a guy like Cook, he has a laundry list of reasons he made that decision, not just YouTube videos.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:32 PM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Karlaftis is half a sack behind Williams, who plays on the most loaded front 7 in football, with the best pass rusher in the NFL.

And he has a higher win rate which you've now moved the goalpost to after Karlaftis had back to back games with a sack.

So what is it? Oochie Wally or One Mic?
LOL, so Chris Jones is JAG now and Karlaftis has had double the chances.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:33 PM 12-08-2022
Clearly!!!!!! Why hasn't he been finishing plays while Burrow,Carr, Allen,Lawrence, Herbert, have been casually running away from him making play that just kills momentum.
JFC you talk about win rate when I point out that the guy has back to back games with a sack, now you're back to talking about finishing plays (aka sacks).

You're literally too stupid to argue with.

Weeks ago: Karlaftis isn't getting sacks!!! He can't finish plays!

*Karlaftis has back to back games with a sack*

Today: But he has a mid round level win rate.

*He's actually top 3 in the class in pass rush win rate*

Now: He's not getting sacks!
[Reply]
staylor26 02:33 PM 12-08-2022
LOL, so Chris Jones is JAG Anow
Strawman bullshit from a fucking reerun. That post literally said nothing about Chris Jones.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:38 PM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Strawman bullshit from a fucking reerun.
Look in the mirror, if you don't see his limitations with the individuals who free him up to put him in a position to succeed then that's you. The whole season we've complained about the passrush outside of Chris Jones. Karlaftis was suppose to help with the draft capital put in.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:41 PM 12-08-2022
Look in the mirror, if you don't see his limitations with the individuals who free him up to put him in a position to succeed then that's you. The whole season we've complained about the passrush outside of Chris Jones. Karlaftis was suppose to help with the draft capital put in.
You clearly don't even know what a strawman is.

You've moved the goalposts so many times on Karlaftis that I don't even know where they are any more.

Apparently, pressures, sacks, AND a high win rate amongst his peers ALL don't matter.

I think I've proven how dishonest and biased you are on this subject.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:41 PM 12-08-2022
Clearly!!!!!! Why hasn't he been finishing plays while Burrow,Carr, Allen,Lawrence, Herbert, have been casually running away from him making play that just kills momentum.
He’s only 21 and is a rookie. Big difference in competition from the Big 10 to the NFL. He’s definitely never seen a QB as big and fast and hard to tackle as Josh Allen.

These guys take some time dude. Playing DL is not any easy position. His pressure rate and sack production shows he’s a young kid with potential but needs time to refine his technique.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 02:43 PM 12-08-2022
Tamba Hali has been my comp for him, and he had 8 sacks as a rookie with one fewer game. Having said that, Karlaftis is clearly getting pressures.

If you put prime Jared Allen opposite Karlaftis instead of Frank Clark, you think maybe they have a little better results? Because I do.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:43 PM 12-08-2022
Karlaftis is literally among the best of his peers in every category.

It doesn't matter whether it's pressures, win rate, and now even sacks.

But somehow he's giving "mid round production".

I honestly can't believe that people are this fucking stupid.
[Reply]
Dante84 02:44 PM 12-08-2022
I think he works on his speed all offseason with Bobby Stroupe and fucks the whole league up next year
[Reply]
DRM08 02:48 PM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
He’s only 21 and is a rookie. Big difference in competition from the Big 10 to the NFL. He’s definitely never seen a QB as big and fast and hard to tackle as Josh Allen.

These guys take some time dude. Playing DL is not any easy position. His pressure rate and sack production shows he’s a young kid with potential but needs time to refine his technique.
Love the fact he's only 21 years old. Hopefully he turns into a beast over time.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:50 PM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Love the fact he's only 21 years old. Hopefully he turns into a beast over time.
He's not just among the best of his peers in every category, he's younger than all of those guys too.

I understand that his preseason performance led to some ridiculous expectations which has led to some feeling "disappointed", but putting that aside, people aren't even being fair/reasonable at this point.

Tribal Warfare didn't even think he was an NFL DE. Expectations aren't an excuse for his dumbassery because he literally had none. He thought he sucked from day 1.

Now, he just wants to ignore every single statistical comparison to his peers while saying dumb shit like "mid round production".

Completely dishonest and absolutely retarded.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:52 PM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
anyone claiming sacks are the end all be all needs to watch this. Trey Hendrickson didn’t have a sack on the boxscore but he was ruining plays for us and putting Orlando Brown Jr in hell.

Precisely my point.
[Reply]
Kiimo 02:53 PM 12-08-2022
edit: double post
[Reply]
Kiimo 02:53 PM 12-08-2022
edit: double post
[Reply]
DRM08 02:53 PM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
Tamba Hali has been my comp for him, and he had 8 sacks as a rookie with one fewer game. Having said that, Karlaftis is clearly getting pressures.

If you put prime Jared Allen opposite Karlaftis instead of Frank Clark, you think maybe they have a little better results? Because I do.
The Frank Clark trade continues to screw the team. I really hope they can get that figured out soon. Gotta replace Frank with a legit pass rusher who doesn't kill the Chiefs' salary cap.
[Reply]
Page 130 of 185
« First < 3080120126127128129130 131132133134140180 > Last »
Up