ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 130 of 173
« First < 3080120126127128129130 131132133134140 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Motorcycle Discussion Thread
Dayze 11:41 AM 06-07-2013
I figure there are some motorcycle guys/gals on CP, so I thought we could have a place to talk all things Motorcycles.

Tire Mount and Balance Prices (as of 10/29/16)

Prices based on if you remove the wheels yourself and bring the wheels and new tires with you:

Cycle Gear - $35 per wheel if you buy tires from them. $58 per wheel if you buy tires elsewhere
Rawhide - $65 per wheel (assuming it would be the same at other HD dealers. they book it at 1/2 hr per wheel)
C R Cycle Tires (DeSoto) - $30 per wheel

Cheapest I've found my Michelin Commander II's. Seem like they have good prices on other brands too.
http://www.jakewilson.com - Free 3 day shipping on orders over $75
[Reply]
pr_capone 11:58 AM 06-14-2016
Originally Posted by Graystoke:
How do you like that Corbin seat?
I was looking into them for my Triumph and went with a Seat Concepts instead.
I've run on a Corbin Hollywood Solo seat almost since I got the bike. LOVE it. Wide, flat, long, and comfortable as fuck. The only thing I don't like is the locked seat. If you lose the key you are all manner of fucked.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 01:28 PM 06-17-2016
http://www.kansaswoundedvetrun.com

I know this is last minute but if you guys can make it out to this run that would be awesome..I will be there to talk to the organization about starting one up in Missouri as well..so if you make it let me know
[Reply]
DC.chief 01:55 PM 07-15-2016
How do you fellas feel about Victory bikes? Love the look of them but never been on one.

Been looking into the Victory Highball

[Reply]
seaofred 01:59 PM 07-15-2016
Originally Posted by DC.chief:
How do you fellas feel about Victory bikes? Love the look of them but never been on one.

Been looking into the Victory Highball

I have a 2014 Victory Cross Country. I absolutely love it. I couldn't imagine riding something different. I know of a few people that made the switch from Harley to Victory, and couldn't be happier. I'm not bashing Harley, just their opinion. I went from a Kawasaki, and they don't even compare.
[Reply]
Dayze 02:20 PM 07-15-2016
The motor is engineered a lot better than an HD twin cam motor IMO. Less gaskets and points of failure. Oil cooled I believe. Better oil pump. Gear driving timing Instead of chain I believe (so less chance of thrashing your motor if a timing chain tensioner fails. Though,HD uses hydraulic tensioners now I think, but still). Ome reason why sporty motors are bullet proof because theyre gear driven. Right side belt drive instead of left like HD (which you have to remove the outer primary and other shit just to get access to the belt) that makes the cost of replacing your belt at the dealer ridiculously priced, or a complete pain in the ass to do yourself.(at least it would be for me)

Oh, and a big 110ci motor that has balls. To get the same in HD you'd have to upgrade ($$$) to a screaming eagle performance package. HD is running a 103ci on their twin cam line as a standard finally. Used to be 96ci and you had to pay extra for the 103 package.

Lot of good things about Victory. I Wouldn't hesitate at all buying one.

The only thing that "might" need to be considered is resale. Not necessarily from a value standpoint but more from a market standpoint. People like up all day to buy Harley's but not the case with Victorys. So might be harder to sell/find a buyer. just my gut feeling. No real proof etc.

Their bike that competes with the HD Street Glide and Road Glide market share is bad ass. I forget the model name.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
seaofred 03:27 PM 07-15-2016
Originally Posted by Dayze:
The motor is engineered a lot better than an HD twin cam motor IMO. Less gaskets and points of failure. Oil cooled I believe. Better oil pump. Gear driving timing Instead of chain I believe (so less chance of thrashing your motor if a timing chain tensioner fails. Though,HD uses hydraulic tensioners now I think, but still). Ome reason why sporty motors are bullet proof because theyre gear driven. Right side belt drive instead of left like HD (which you have to remove the outer primary and other shit just to get access to the belt) that makes the cost of replacing your belt at the dealer ridiculously priced, or a complete pain in the ass to do yourself.(at least it would be for me)

Oh, and a big 110ci motor that has balls. To get the same in HD you'd have to upgrade ($$$) to a screaming eagle performance package. HD is running a 103ci on their twin cam line as a standard finally. Used to be 96ci and you had to pay extra for the 103 package.

Lot of good things about Victory. I Wouldn't hesitate at all buying one.

The only thing that "might" need to be considered is resale. Not necessarily from a value standpoint but more from a market standpoint. People like up all day to buy Harley's but not the case with Victorys. So might be harder to sell/find a buyer. just my gut feeling. No real proof etc.

Their bike that competes with the HD Street Glide and Road Glide market share is bad ass. I forget the model name.

Dayze, You are correct. The resale value isn't there.. Not yet anyway. The model that competes with the Street Glide/Road Glide is the Cross Roads (No fairing) or the Cross Country (Fairing). They have started selling the Magnum. It is a Cross Country with a "few" factory upgrades.
[Reply]
Dayze 03:29 PM 07-15-2016
Magnum...that's it. Yeah, it's bad ass right out of the box

[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 05:17 PM 07-15-2016
Just got back from Yellowstone today..been gone a week and went 3000 miles in that time..got to go up Beartooth Pass

[Reply]
Dayze 07:48 PM 07-15-2016
Nice dude.
[Reply]
Dayze 02:12 PM 07-29-2016
Happy Craptastic Friday for me.
Change of plans on my way to work this morning. :-)

[Reply]
SAUTO 02:15 PM 07-29-2016
Road rash city.

You ok otherwise? wtf happened?
[Reply]
SAUTO 02:17 PM 07-29-2016
Tank dented too? Top of the fender?

Bike flipped looks like. Damn man.
[Reply]
Dayze 02:29 PM 07-29-2016
I'm good. just beat up. no broken bones or damage to internal stuff.

going to work, in the right lane of a 4 lane road about 45mph. guy in the left lane, going the same direction as me, decided he needed to pass the car in front of him. no blinker, not shit.....just bam, immediately came into my lane as I was steadily passing him. I got to about his rear passenger door when he came over. On the brakes hard, but he kept coming over. Eventually ran out of real estate with him on my left and the curb on my right. Eventually made contact with his POS car and at some point I got ejected off of it.

Witnesses said I went over the front of it, landed and slid, then the bike flipped OVER me. It flipped front to back - so the rear wheel rotated over the front etc. I remember hitting the ground and sliding and 'hearing' the bike. I covered my face, thinking "oh shit...this bike is gonna smash my beautful face. but, never materialized.

Back of the helmet is smashed, scratched and cracked in 3 places. Front has some smash damage too. little scratch/rash on my nose, but not sure how it got there. (aside from the wreck lol). I think I coverd my face because my knuckles had rash, as well as my forearms and elbows. Like I was covering up my face etc. I got up and walked to the grass on the side of the road. Dude who casd it came running up and I was irate. I said "Dude, what in the **** was that"? "Oh man...I'm sorry. I didnt even see you". I said "You didnt see me because you didn't even LOOK for me before you aggressively came over". Big old paint transfer from my bike onto his rear passenger door. witnesses all told the cops, essentially, "that guy just ran the biker right off the road" etc. Later the guy and I talked as police etc were working their paperwork etc and he was pretty messed up about it. My wife was on scene at this point and ran up to me balling her eyes out. At this point the guy started to well up and said "man, I'm so sorry. I didn't even want to come over here to talk because I figured you'd just kick my ass". I laughed and said if the cops were here, he would probably be right. I extended my hand for a handshake, introduced myself and just said "it all good man. everything turned out ok. But man....you have GOT to look where you're going man. This could've been a LOT worse".

[Reply]
SAUTO 02:32 PM 07-29-2016
Damn, that fucking sucks. Glad to hear you are ok.
[Reply]
Dayze 02:40 PM 07-29-2016
Thanks bud.
[Reply]
Page 130 of 173
« First < 3080120126127128129130 131132133134140 > Last »
Up