ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 80
« First < 3910111213 141516172363 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Mahomes Injury Updates Thread
Chiefspants 04:51 PM 01-21-2023
Figured it would be more ideal to give this its own thread than the Jaguars gamethread.

Unspoiler to see the first two updates

Spoiler!

UPDATE 3: Courtesy of King - High Ankle Sprain Confirmed

MRI today confirmed that Chiefs’ QB Patrick Mahomes suffered a high ankle sprain during Saturday’s win over the Jaguars, per league source. “Nothing more than that,” said one source, and Mahomes has said he plans to play in next Sunday’s AFC Championship Game.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) January 22, 2023

UPDATE 4: Got asked to add this report from Arrowhead Pride to the OP: https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2023/...chiefs-presser
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:46 PM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
The funny thing is Jaguar writers and fan are FURIOUS at their pass rush. They got literally zero pressure tye entire 2nd half on Mahomes.
I'm honestly surprised that they didn't just blitz the shit out of him. Sure...he'd probably beat you a number of times but you'd get to him a bunch too. And it's not like Mahomes could scramble that well.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:49 PM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I'm honestly surprised that they didn't just blitz the shit out of him. Sure...he'd probably beat you a number of times but you'd get to him a bunch too. And it's not like Mahomes could scramble that well.
I said the same thing yesterday. I would have sent a minimum of five rushers every play he stayed in the game. We all saw his accuracy slip two notches after the injury. You're right, his arm talent would have burned them a time or two, but why don't you send the house against a guy that is having problems handing off on stretch plays?
[Reply]
KCJake 12:57 PM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
HOWEVER. It's important to save him from himself at times. Dude could be out there with a bullet wound. I think he'll play and he'll be fine. But I'd happily forfeit the rest of the year to not jeopardize the next 10.
I wanna say yes I agree , but I understand Patrick’s sense of urgency. Despite what people think, these opportunities don’t come along often enough. We’re here. Now. It’s the Playoffs. We GOTTA WIN NOW !
[Reply]
Hayneplane 01:04 PM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by DRM08:
He was struggling on those handoff plays that required more steps to get to the RB. I am curious to see how that goes moving forward. In addition to the run game, they will need to focus on getting the ball out quickly so he’s not scrambling around to avoid pass rushers.
It will limit the possibility of play action being a major feature in the play calling but if you plan to run just do a strong toss instead and save Pat some unnecessary movement.
[Reply]
tk13 01:21 PM 01-22-2023
What will be interesting is the Bills and the Bengals are 2 teams who really sell out for the pass and play soft defense with deep safeties against the Chiefs. It's how they had success. Not sure if they'll play more aggressive if Mahomes can't run or throw deep as well.
[Reply]
TEX 01:23 PM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by KCJake:
I wanna say yes I agree , but I understand Patrick’s sense of urgency. Despite what people think, these opportunities don’t come along often enough. We’re here. Now. It’s the Playoffs. We GOTTA WIN NOW !
Yep, no guarantees on tomorrow of any kind.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 01:34 PM 01-22-2023
To me this is going to come down to Andy Reid scheming up a plan that lets Mahomes play Manning-ball — keep him in the pocket, lean on the run, and take our shots with play action. Yesterday Mahomes started the first drive in the second half without a bad limp but after the run he was noticeably hobbled. We may need to lose that part of his game if he isn’t able to go full strength (which is a likely scenario) and make sure that he’s making throws that don’t require that extra push off his right foot.

Play to what he can comfortably do.

Give him a good game plan.

Hope that everyone around him on offense and defense plays at another level to help him out.

We can absolutely win no matter who we play next week.

P.S. it also won’t surprise me if Mahomes is 100% next week — dude is inhuman.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:35 PM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
To me this is going to come down to Andy Reid scheming up a plan that lets Mahomes play Manning-ball — keep him in the pocket, lean on the run, and take our shots with play action. Yesterday Mahomes started the first drive in the second half without a bad limp but after the run he was noticeably hobbled. We may need to lose that part of his game if he isn’t able to go full strength (which is a likely scenario) and make sure that he’s making throws that don’t require that extra push off his right foot.

Play to what he can comfortably do.

Give him a good game plan.

Hope that everyone around him on offense and defense plays at another level to help him out.

We can absolutely win no matter who we play next week.

P.S. it also won’t surprise me if Mahomes is 100% next week — dude is inhuman.
Again, I will say, this can work TO our advantage.

Such a gameplan would be vastly different from what we've showed throughout the regular season.
[Reply]
Easy 6 01:36 PM 01-22-2023
Anyone else worried about people trying to stomp his ankle next week?

Because you KNOW they're going to...
[Reply]
BWillie 01:37 PM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
The fact that he wasn't in a boot or anything after the game with no limp is just insane.

That has to be a really good sign.
I guess I don't understand. Its being reported TODAY it is a high ankle sprain. Why on earth was he not in a boot post game? I thought that is protocol with any significant ankle injury, and ANY high ankle sprains?
[Reply]
penguinz 01:38 PM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by Easy 6:

Especially with these two teams. Both will be as cheap as they deem fit.
[Reply]
penguinz 01:40 PM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I guess I don't understand. Its being reported TODAY it is a high ankle sprain. Why on earth was he not in a boot post game? I thought that is protocol with any significant ankle injury, and ANY high ankle sprains?
A boot does nothing for a high ankle sprain. It is not a joint injury so limiting the movement of the ankle is not needed.

A proper tape job is all that is necessary.
[Reply]
TLO 01:40 PM 01-22-2023
All I know is that I love Patrick Mahomes and we are all lucky as fuck to have him playing for our favorite NFL Team, The Kansas City Chiefs!
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 01:41 PM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by Easy 6:

This why I’m cheering for the lesser of the two defenses.

Go Buffalo….?
[Reply]
Bowser 01:42 PM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Especially with these two teams. Both will be as cheap as they deem fit.
Yep
[Reply]
Page 13 of 80
« First < 3910111213 141516172363 > Last »
Up