Page 13 of 52
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>**** Official 2022-23 NHL Thread ****
Fish 11:03 PM 04-24-2023
That was a pretty intense period.

Go Avs. Finish this!
[Reply]
Bearcat 04:59 AM 04-25-2023
Womp, womp. Guess it wasn't the worst thing to miss the first 9 minutes of that game, but would be nice if the NHL wasn't so freakin' stupid and would choose the 7/10 double header instead of 7:30/10.

The Kraken were everywhere, they were really buzzing most of the game.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:43 AM 04-25-2023
So Makar will have a hearing today for the hit on McCann. I'm not entirely surprised, but I wonder how many times a play 1) wasn't been called a penalty initially, 2) was elevated to a major after the refs talk about it, 3) was reduced to a minor after review, and 4) the player gets suspended for it.

It'll be brutal if he's suspended, but I guess we'll see. From what I can tell watching the replay, Makar (and the refs) thought the puck was still in play while McCann knew it was out. The hit itself wasn't that bad, but McCann wasn't ready to defend himself. It's absolutely, 100% interference, but I'll be a little frustrated if it turns into a suspension.

But whatever. It's just the norm this year for the Avs to be missing half of their best players.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:51 AM 04-25-2023
Originally Posted by DaFace:
So Makar will have a hearing today for the hit on McCann. I'm not entirely surprised, but I wonder how many times a play 1) wasn't been called a penalty initially, 2) was elevated to a major after the refs talk about it, 3) was reduced to a minor after review, and 4) the player gets suspended for it.

It'll be brutal if he's suspended, but I guess we'll see. From what I can tell watching the replay, Makar (and the refs) thought the puck was still in play while McCann knew it was out. The hit itself wasn't that bad, but McCann wasn't ready to defend himself. It's absolutely, 100% interference, but I'll be a little frustrated if it turns into a suspension.

But whatever. It's just the norm this year for the Avs to be missing half of their best players.
The drama is nuts, people are so hyper sensitive over shit like that.

Makar isn't a dirty player. Makar screwed up.

Yet, apparently some Avs fans are dying on the hill that it was a clean hit and so on and so forth... I missed the hit and watched it later (thanks Leafs!), but thought it was going to be worse, for as long as they were talking about it.

Sucks McCann got hurt, but yeah would be a bit extreme if they suspended him for it... sadly, wouldn't be all that surprising given how inconsistent they are every season.
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:17 PM 04-25-2023
Suspended one game. :-)
[Reply]
DaFace 12:24 PM 04-25-2023
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Suspended one game. :-)
I'm not gonna complain too much. It was definitely an illegal hit that caused an injury.

I still just don't understand how it was reduced to a minor in the first place.
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:47 PM 04-25-2023
I'm not gonna complain too much. It was definitely an illegal hit that caused an injury.

Seems silly, but given the injury, I get it. Well, as much as anyone can get it when it comes to the complete lack of consistency.
[Reply]
Monticore 12:48 PM 04-25-2023

No head shot or hit from behind is probably why, the league maybe view him as a defenceless player with the puck out if play for that long not expecting to be hit . technically it’s just interference by rule but I think they are starting to crack down on possible intent to injure on this types of plays , running guys not expecting to get hit for only a 2 min doesn’t seem like enough it could be exploited to injure guys, not saying it was Makars intent.
[Reply]
Old Dog 02:13 PM 04-25-2023
Doesn't seem like a suspension is warranted to me, but I reckon it is what it is.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:16 PM 04-25-2023
At full speed it looked like a pretty nasty hit. In replay, it didn't look nearly as bad; more just Makar didn't know the play was over, and I doubt he meant to injure anyone. Tbh, I'm a little surprised he got a suspension. I thought maybe a fine.
[Reply]
DaFace 02:26 PM 04-25-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
At full speed it looked like a pretty nasty hit. In replay, it didn't look nearly as bad; more just Makar didn't know the play was over, and I doubt he meant to injure anyone. Tbh, I'm a little surprised he got a suspension. I thought maybe a fine.
For better or worse, the NHL takes injuries into consideration when handing out suspensions. If McCann wasn't injured, I seriously doubt there was even a penalty on the play. But since he was, it is what it is.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:31 PM 04-25-2023
For better or worse, the NHL takes injuries into consideration when handing out suspensions. If McCann wasn't injured, I seriously doubt there was even a penalty on the play. But since he was, it is what it is.
Like I said, it looked pretty rough at full speed. And the injury made everything look worse.
[Reply]
Fish 04:00 PM 04-25-2023
Fucking inconsistent NHL...

Colorado Avalanche top D-man Cale Makar suspended 1 game for hit

[Reply]
Megatron96 08:08 PM 04-26-2023
C'mon seaturtles!!!
[Reply]
mlyonsd 08:20 PM 04-26-2023
Bruins look vulnerable.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 52