ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 18
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Does anyone else think we'll be fine?
petegz28 01:54 PM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Lol wut
We should not have re-signed Jones. He is a pass rusher exclusively and terrible against the run. For the $ we should have moved on. Now we are forced with finding a spot for him. I like Jones but paying him what we are for what he does didn't make a lot of sense. He is not Donald.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 10:17 PM 11-21-2021
Originally Posted by petegz28:
We should not have re-signed Jones. He is a pass rusher exclusively and terrible against the run. For the $ we should have moved on. Now we are forced with finding a spot for him. I like Jones but paying him what we are for what he does didn't make a lot of sense. He is not Donald.
:-)
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:59 PM 11-21-2021
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Thank God for Chris Jones and the fact that our front office is nowhere near as stupid as this fanbase.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:47 AM 09-27-2021
The problem is that group of Nnadi, Reed, Saunders, and Wharton suck damn near as badly as Clark, Okafor, Danna, and Kaindoh. So what the fuck does it even matter? Let Jones play where' he's a top 3 talent.
[Reply]
TEX 12:38 PM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
The problem is that group of Nnadi, Reed, Saunders, and Wharton suck damn near as badly as Clark, Okafor, Danna, and Kaindoh. So what the **** does it even matter? Let Jones play where' he's a top 3 talent.
Exactly. Why move my All Pro DT to DE where he is barely average? Was up against a scrub Tackle yesterday and you never heard from him. :-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:51 AM 09-27-2021
I don't think they suck nearly as bad as that group.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:57 AM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I don't think they suck nearly as bad as that group.
Based on what? What metric can you point to to show that the interior DL, sans Jones, isn't an AIDS tire fire? 12/12 against us in the RedZone, damn near every single 4th down converted against us, bottom 3 in both YPC and pressure %. What we're currently doing doesn't fucking work. At all.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:04 PM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Based on what? What metric can you point to to show that the interior DL, sans Jones, isn't an AIDS tire fire? 12/12 against us in the RedZone, damn near every single 4th down converted against us, bottom 3 in both YPC and pressure %. What we're currently doing doesn't fucking work. At all.
Kaindoh and Danna are backup players at best. Everyone on the interior DL is at least an average starter.

Biggest problem with the run D isn't the interior DL, it's edge and LB.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 12:41 PM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Biggest problem with the run D isn't the interior DL, it's edge and LB.
Yup.
[Reply]
KCUnited 12:42 PM 09-27-2021
Jones just became the new DPOTY and Walter Payton Man of the Year front runner candidate
[Reply]
Bowser 12:43 PM 09-27-2021
All the more reason to put Jones back inside.

- Clark (IF healthy and available)
- Reed
- Jones
- Okafor

is miles better than

- Clark
- Reed
- Nnadi
- Jones

imho. Jones is just THAT good inside, and Veach thought he could paint over the Clark foible this year and beginning next year by moving an All-Pro talent to a position where he may not even be a borderline Pro Bowler. Bite the bullet and put your best lineup out there.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 09:48 PM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
All the more reason to put Jones back inside.

- Clark (IF healthy and available)
- Reed
- Jones
- Okafor

is miles better than

- Clark
- Reed
- Nnadi
- Jones

imho. Jones is just THAT good inside, and Veach thought he could paint over the Clark foible this year and beginning next year by moving an All-Pro talent to a position where he may not even be a borderline Pro Bowler. Bite the bullet and put your best lineup out there.
This is where I’m at too. Jones is a disruptive force in the middle. The Tackles are just too much for Jones apparently. He needs to go back inside, and know he’s still getting paid big bucks, so shutup. What has he done from the DE position thus far vs what he did at DT in previous years? I guess my only concern with moving him back is he has dropped weight to play DE. Will he be as effective at DT at his current lighter weight?
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 01:12 PM 09-27-2021
If the Chiefs play anything close to their A game, no team in the AFC is beating them in a playoff game or a critical game down the stretch of the regular season.
[Reply]
MMXcalibur 01:20 PM 09-27-2021
We won a Super Bowl in my lifetime. I wake up every morning and the first thing I see is the "Super Bowl LIV Champions" towel on my wall.

The rest of this is gravy.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:24 PM 09-27-2021
We'll be fine. Two bounces away from 3 and 0 not playing even close to their best foot ball. Could really be 0 and 3 though too...
[Reply]
Page 13 of 18
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Up